Special Ops Paintball: Which upgrade for Cyclone? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1

Which upgrade for Cyclone? X7 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Tim Burton 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Post icon  Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:54 AM

I have an extra X7. My first one was previously upgraded and it included the Cyclone mods.

This extra one, I'll be letting my brother use it when he comes out and plays. What upgrade should I get for it?

TechT I know has an upgrade, anyone else? Which is the better one? Where should I get it? Any suggestions for best price?

#2 User is offline   tigar19 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:56 AM

Hello Mr Burton

Tech T, JCS, and New Designz make cyclone upgrade parts and total kits. I have ND on mine and have zero complaints. A lot of my friends have JCS annd they love theirs. Others like Tech T but I've heard you have to cut a spring and that part I personally don't like.

Here is what you can do to make sure you're not chopping paint when going full-auto.
1) There is a metal finger that sticks inside the cyclone. Take your cyclone off and smooth down those edges with a nail file.
2) At the very least, get the TechT squichies or Wargear's squishie paddles. Cheap and one of the most effective.
3) If you have an egrip then I would recommend updating your cyclone ratchet and push rod with the metal versions from ND or JCS
4) As far as the upgraded push button housing with extra holes...your choice. Some say it works great but I really haven't noticed a difference. It just came in the package.
5) Polish the internals to reduce friction when your bolt moves back and forth.
6) Replace the trigger return spring with one from a clicky pen and you'll be shooting semi even faster and with less fatigue to your finger.
7) You may want to also think about getting a new barrel.
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Tim Burton 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:14 AM

Hey, thanks for the comments.

I'll look into that.

The gun already has an Apex barrel on it, but I think someday I'd like a Lapco Apex ready barrel. My gun has that and I'm extremely happy with it.

#4 User is offline   Tim Burton 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 October 2008 - 02:37 PM

Which upgrade should I get?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tippmann-Cyclone-Feede...id=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/TechT-Complete-Cyclone...id=p3286.c0.m14

Is the only difference the price?

#5 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 24 October 2008 - 09:12 PM

The TechT has MUCCCCCH better quality. They really care about their products and back them up, Rap4 doesn't care if you get bad stuff, which you probably will. Go with the TechT and you won't have problems.

The Rap4 upgrade kit is an obvious rip off and I wouldn't but it from them anyway. I think TechT developed some of teh upps that are in their kit, possibly the QEPH. I also think they were the first to come out with the soft paddles.

If you fire the Cyclone enough, even the best parts, if made of aluminum, will wear out. Just keep it lubed with lithium grease (in the ratchet only, the piston seal still uses oil, you can lube it by shooting oil thru the whole gun, ASA style) and it'll last.

#6 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:03 AM

^^^ What Slowerpig said. Tech T is top quality. If you play in cold weather or find your paint breaks a lot in the Cyclone, I'd add some squishy paddles to your list of upgrades. At the very least, make sure your stock paddles have no rough edges or mold seams on them. If you're running CO2, might want to look into a stabilizer, but that's expensive and not a must-have.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#7 User is offline   M. Deth 

• Motopsycho
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:MOTOPSYCHO

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:54 PM

The Lapco Ratchet kit I think is better than the TechT because it uses removable bolts, instead of the press-in pins. That comes in very handy for cleaning. Also, the Lapco Soft paddles are better than TechT because they interlock with each-other. Anyone with TechT paddles knows they don't stay in liine with each other, and if they wear out enough, they can actually start spinning on the ratchet.
"Born to bleed, fighting to succeed, built to endure what this world throws at me." - Hatebreed
Special Ops Brigade ID - 161556
Tunka.com - Join over 1600 Denver area players for FREE National Forest games.

#8 User is offline   tigar19 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 03 November 2008 - 07:40 AM

Stay away from RAP4. Deth is correct about TechT's original paddles but they have been redesigned to now include locking teeth.

I have the lapco 12" apex ready barrel and love it. I purchased it with the apex tip.
"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" - Dr. Seuss

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   TheEnglishGuy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 December 2008 - 12:02 PM

Having just purchased a RAP4 Ratchet Package and experienced problems from the beginning, I'd also recommend you keep away from them. The Paddles, Piston Arm and QEPH all seem to be ok but the Ratchet housing just isn't working reliably. Manually it actions fine, but once you air up and fire, I'm getting a couple of shots out and then misfeeds until I stop firing.

Lapco or TechT would be the better ones to go for, but they are more expensive. I'm considering just sticking with the stock parts and keeping some spares on hand. My friends already hate that I'm hitting them with 15bps ... 25bps would probably not be appreciated anyway :-)

English

Feedback Link : http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...l=theenglishguy

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users