• You cannot reply to this topic

Sabre Harness review

#1 User is offline   lonegunm4n 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:lonegunm4n

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

First things first; I bought this vest used. It is in Spec Ops Woodland Digi. Anyway, now thats out of the way, here is the review.

It is essentially a cross between the Broadsword vest and the Dagger harness. The front is very Dagger like with the harness straps and front pockets. The back is the same as the Broadsword, being able to carry 6 + 2 pods and a 92cu tank.

I am in no way a small man. I am 5' 9”, weigh 195lbs, and have a 46” chest. To get it to fit me, I had to take all the straps a majority of the way in (most all the way in). Even then, it is still a little on the loose side. Once I filled all 6 pods full, it seemed to ride up in the front, even with the Velcro/elastic internal belt cinched tight. I may make it sound like it rides up alot, but in all actuality, it really doesn't. It only moved up half an inch or so with all the pods full.

Everything is in a very easy to reach spot. The front pockets are nice and big, as I hope to fit 2 smoke grenades in the left pocket, and 2 paint grenades in the right. The radio pouch and ID pouch can be moved, if necessary. The buckles seem very strong and sturdy, without any give to them. Even for a used vest, the all Velcro parts seem to be very sturdy, and the grip seems to hold very well. When I put my A5 on, the sling seemed to naturally fall into place on the vest. This allowed the front pockets to be accessible when necessary, without have to move my A5.

I would like to see several changes though. I believe that the harness needs to be able to fit smaller players (no doubt there are people smaller than me out there who play paintball and have used/tried to use this harness). I would like to see the belt keeper system included as well, as I felt it would've helped with some of the issues I am having trying to get it fit properly. I would also like to see a casualty handle installed as well. Like I read in one of the other threads, it makes it a lot easier to carry, and there have been several times when I have needed to be pulled out of a situation (literally), and it was of great use. A small thing to also add, some way to help keep the extra loose straps out of the way would've gone a long way as well. Right now, I have all the straps taped down to keep them from hanging down and getting in the way, especially in the front.

Overall, I am very satisfied with the harness so far. I am fully expecting to use it the weekend of the 7th (scenario game at a local field), and honestly look forward to it.

I plan on updating this the longer I have it, especially when I actually get to use it in a game.
well, it's a futuristic modern world
but things aren't what they seem
someday you'd better wake up
from this stupid fantasy
-Bloodstains by Agent Orange

#2 User is offline   lonegunm4n 

• Contract Killer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:lonegunm4n

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:11 PM

Update!

I played in a 6 hour scenario game today with it. (It started out as a 12 hr, but the weather killed that thought though).

Anyway, it worked beautifully. I was able to fit 4 smoke grenades total in the vest (2 in the left pocket, and 2 in the right). When smoke became useless, it comfortably held 4 F-bomb paint grenades. All the pods were easy to use, and I love the horizontal tank mounting. When I ran with it, it breathed wonderfully, and offered a significant amount of upper body movement. I low crawled and had to dive several times through the course of the game, and not once did it give me any trouble.

Several things that I'd like to point out though. After about an hour, my lower back was screaming in pain. I'm not sure if I just had it on wrong or what, but it was very painful. Also, the non-padded straps caused some minor pain in my shoulders as well. Nothing on my vest is interlock. Since I normally carry a pistol, I would love to be able to take off one of the front pockets and strap on a pistol holster, instead of using a drop leg holster. I had problems with the +2 feature as well. Several times I put in an empty pod in the end pod holders and had trouble velcroing it closed. The elastic pod holder would swing in the way, meaning I would have to: hold the pod in the holder, move the elastic pod holder, and velcro it closed, all with one hand. Needless to say, it made for a very interesting time when I had to do that under fire. The zippers on the front pocket were a pain as well. Several times I had to zip it closed because the zip had come undone. Cheap quality zippers to me.

Anywho, I would recommend this vest to just about anyone. I would have to point out it's shortcomings though, as they can be a deciding factor.
well, it's a futuristic modern world
but things aren't what they seem
someday you'd better wake up
from this stupid fantasy
-Bloodstains by Agent Orange

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users