Special Ops Paintball: OAKLEY SI TACTICAL BOOT REVIEW - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OAKLEY SI TACTICAL BOOT REVIEW

#1 Guest_ZAPCOnj_*

• Group: Guests

Post icon  Posted 10 November 2004 - 04:00 PM

Here is a quick review of the OAKLEY SI Assault Boot.

Posted Image

Over all the boot is very comfortable, as with any Oakley footwear product there have been a few hours put in to the R&D of this product. The outer shell is very nice, made of soft grain leather and pretty flexible while still providing great protection and support. There is tons of padding around the ankels and top of the boot to help protect your feet. The shell is toted at being water resistant. I can not comment on that at this time as I have not stepped in any significant puddles with these boots yet. The lace I lets are not reinforced as in many other boots. This is something that should be addressed in future versions of the boot. Oakley has opted to put a small triangle logo on the outer shell of the boot. I think it kills the overall look of the boot but I’m sure someone at Oakley said it looked cool so it’s there.

One of the most noticeable features of the boot is the unique lug pattern on the sole. The TIRE TREAD type pattern extends to the sides and kind of wraps around a bit to the top of the boot. The pattern gives great traction in all kinds of terrain. Woods to rocks I had no problems with slipping or sliding. I also noticed that the tread grips the rock some, when you have your foot on its side. The center of the under sole is similar to that of an “AQUATREAD” tire. It looks as if it will channel any water or loose sand out to the sides of the boot. Will it actually do this? I don’t know. but it does have the tread pattern to do it. The tip (toe) of the under sole stretches to the top of the boot allowing for some bite when making a sprint or off the break. The heel is also extended up the back of the boot to allow for some breaking and control when sliding.

With the boot on you will noticed the comfort that Oakley foot wear is famed for. VERY light weight the boot weighs less than the magnums I have, and pretty much feel like a set of cross trainers on your feet. There is great arch support as well as a snug and secure fit around the ankles. The tongue is gusseted to help keep moisture out of the boot. The laces are “fitted” so that your knots will not slip and laces come undone. The interior material seems to wick the moisture away from your foot to keep them dry. Running in the boots offered the comfort and feel of running shoes. Walking on loose rocks and up loose sandy hills was a breeze.

The boot comes in BLACK, DESERT TAN, and NIGHT CAMO BLACK and has a big price tag of $225.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Overall I am very happy with the Oakley SI boots, they offer great protection and comfort for long days of play or work. Is the price tag of $225 (+shipping) worth it? Well that really depends on how much money you have and if you think that much money is worth it for boots you play in. I was able to get a great deal on them and paid less than the advertised price but overall I like the boots very much.

Here is the description from the Oakley page:

from the Oakley web page said:

The United States military teamed with Oakley to invent an assault boot specifically for the U.S. Elite Special Forces. Available now for civilian use, this military hardware exceeds the combat performance profile for durability, comfort and protection. Engineered with a lightweight athletic design, the Elite Special Forces Standard-Issue Assault Boot is braced by an over-the-ankle boot shaft and shielded by abrasion resistant panels on soft top-grain leather. Comprehensive moisture control maximizes comfort. Advanced polymer EVA and premium urethane offer resilient shock absorption. High-NBS vulcanized rubber maintains traction over a full range of terrain.

PRICE: $225.00

Click here to go to the OAKLEY PAGE

I give them 3 :D :D :D and a ;) because of the price tag

#2 User is offline   Signal9 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 December 2004 - 03:10 PM

If you work for a LE Agency or the military you can get them for $100 thru Oakley.

#3 User is offline   SilentBushido 

• Fortune Befriends The Bold
  • PipPip

Posted 10 December 2004 - 12:11 PM

I like the look of the boot but it is very pricy. Im guessing my dad would be able to get them for 100$ how does that work? isnt there another comapany that makes boots what is it caleed magnum maybe?
Proud member of The Midnight Raiders and writer for Wolf Scenerio Productions
user posted image
Check out these great places.Cops 911 NASPL
Cousins Paintball

#4 User is offline   DeltaSquad-Ohio 

• Delta Squad-Ohio
  • PipPip

Posted 21 December 2004 - 08:37 PM

Yes Magnum !! And I use them to play in and for work and they are very comfortable boots. Our local military surplus had them for around 60 or 65.00 bucks.
Graciously Sponsored By:
Rap4
web site

Instant Sign Company
web site

Hills House of Paintball
web site

J & J Barrels
web site

Delta Squad site
Team site

#5 User is offline   205_Brigade 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Post icon  Posted 28 December 2004 - 06:40 AM

Those boots look wicked... :o

#6 User is offline   dirtyamerican 

• I sometimes say things just to raise my post count!
  • Pip

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:02 PM

Signal9, on Dec 9 2004, 03:10 PM, said:

If you work for a LE Agency or the military you can get them for $100 thru Oakley.

Hmm, I'm a member of the Marine Corps -- how would I go about asking for the military discounted price? $225 is awful lot to ask of a PFC...
//roger, out
//thedirtyamerican

No Greater Friend -- No Worse Enemy
United States Marine Corps Communications / Electronics
"Communications Dominate War"

#7 User is offline   ZAPCOnj 

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:09 PM

dirtyamerican, on Jan 5 2005, 08:02 PM, said:

Hmm, I'm a member of the Marine Corps -- how would I go about asking for the military discounted price? $225 is awful lot to ask of a PFC...

i would say call up oakley and tell them or ask them about it.. they will be the best place to ask. and you wont get the HE said SHE said stories.

#8 User is offline   Badguy 

• Silent Warriors
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Badguy

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:24 PM

I wonder if anyone in the Brigade has tried out these boots in Paintball and to let us know how it is?
Charlie Don't Surf! Lt.Col Killgore, Apocalypse Now

I Love Fire Power, Let it Rain!

user posted image

#9 User is offline   dirtyamerican 

• I sometimes say things just to raise my post count!
  • Pip

Posted 05 January 2005 - 08:37 PM

ZAPCOnj, on Jan 5 2005, 08:09 PM, said:

dirtyamerican, on Jan 5 2005, 08:02 PM, said:

i would say call up oakley and tell them or ask them about it.. they will be the best place to ask. and you wont get the HE said SHE said stories.

Too bad these aren't on the approved list of uniform boots -- that'd be awesome. Hmm, maybe my CO will let me take them to the field anyway.

Ah well. These'll still make I AM A BAD FORUMMER WHO CHEATS THE LANGUAGE FILTER-hot casual boots.

Do. Not. Cheat. The. Filter. ALWAYS spell out a word. If it gets filtered out, then the filter has done it's job. If it doesn't get filtered, then SpecOps has approved the word for use on the boards.
//roger, out
//thedirtyamerican

No Greater Friend -- No Worse Enemy
United States Marine Corps Communications / Electronics
"Communications Dominate War"

#10 User is offline   WVPC Commander 

• Shadowrunner
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowrunner

Posted 19 April 2005 - 07:19 PM

With a name like Oakley it has to be good…..

In 2001 the Oakley sunglass and apparel company as well as several other progressive apparel companies were approached by Admiral John Rawlings USN Special Forces Command in the hope of designing the “ Ultimate progressive combat footwear “. Though many companies competed and came forth with ingenious concepts Oakley was the one that shone above them all with their S.I. Assault Boot. Made of soft tooled leather and a vulcanized rubber soul the S.I. was the epitome of comfort, durability and functionality. The boot was immediately put into circulation with the U.S. Special Forces as well as C.I.A., F.B.I. and S.W.A.T. teams nation wide and has quickly become a favorite with the men that make up that oh so thin line between order and chaos.

Frankly, if it is good enough to perform at that level it is more than perfect on a paintball field.

The S.I. assault boot is a fairly pricy pair of boots at $225.00 plus S&H and worth every penny. The boot is designed to be rugged and nearly unbreakable while still being light and allowing a free range of motion so that you can run and jump as necessary with ease.

They are comfortable, water resistant and supportive all the things one looks for in a boot yet still feel like a cross trainer.

Simply put there is no better piece of footwear in the world on a scale of 1-10 this boot would get a perfect 10 every time……PERIOD

Click here to get a pair

This post has been edited by WVPC Commander: 19 April 2005 - 07:34 PM

Historicly the best way to convert a Liberal is to have them move out of their parents home, get a job and start paying taxes...

user posted image

#11 User is offline   nomarkersinbaghdad 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:19 PM

I didnt even bother reading your post. Ive seen the wear and abuse the boots take out hear in Iraq. They are really, i meen really comfy too. And if your in the military just go to there website and they will hook you up "phat". Buy them, now!

#12 User is offline   ghost ranger 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Location:Lewisburg, TN or Huntsville, AL depending on what day of the week it is

Posted 21 April 2005 - 08:45 PM

Are they authorized, or are you SF, and therefore less subject to rules and so forth? I'll be there in November and those boots do look like a good investment.

#13 User is offline   Chibbs 

• Team Voodoo
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chibbs

Posted 21 April 2005 - 09:36 PM

i looked into them and they looked sweet
i looked at the oakley sight and would have gotten them if i have another 100$

they are 225$ i couldnt belive it tho im shure its well worth it

Proudly Sponsored by and Affiliated with: Smart Parts l Player Paintball l Bonusball King l Hater Paintball l Voodoo Paintball l EMR Paintball Park l Dark Ops Paintball
l A+ Anodizing l HAH DIGITAL l Fogtech l "Paintball is the Voodoo, that we do, so well." l Information on Poison Ivy

#14 User is offline   WVPC Commander 

• Shadowrunner
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowrunner

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:43 AM

It is more than worth it, And I really don't know if they are authorised in the regular devisions, I was Navy S.W.I.C. so I really did not worry about things like regs, hell I wore a gotee for about a year in the service.
Historicly the best way to convert a Liberal is to have them move out of their parents home, get a job and start paying taxes...

user posted image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users