• You cannot reply to this topic

Ref Kits Whats in yours? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ninja Jones 

• Canadian Intergalactic Space Ninja Pimp
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ninja Jones

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:08 PM

So when I work at the outdoor field (I usually work at the indoor field), I ref groups, always 10+ people, and I always need to bring a kit of nifty things to help out when I'm on the field.

So this is a bit of collaboration, what do you put in your ref kit? Maybe someone else has though of something you havent...

Heres mine:

-Spray Bottle
-Rags and Towels
-2 Team Flags
-Stopwatch
-4+ BBDs (Just to be safe)
-Swabs and Squeegees
-Colored tape (for teams)
-2 bottles of water (1 for me, and 1 for needy persons)
-Spare Gun, Tank and Hopper (Always comes in handy)
-Radio (To check which fields are available, help, etc.)

#2 Guest_Tessaract_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:47 PM

bout the same though i got a 5gal cooler for water. free water, well water too. though knowone wants to drink it. guess they think i spit in it or somethin. oh well more for me

#3 User is offline   Ninja Jones 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:53 PM

Speaking of which, I should bring my hydration pack... Bottled water + mask = epic fail

#4 Guest_Tessaract_*

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:00 PM

might i suggest krazy bendy swirly straw?

This post has been edited by Tessaract: 12 May 2007 - 11:00 PM

#5 User is offline   Ninja Jones 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:09 PM

lol, genius!
I should pack some bug spray in my pack, the mosquitos are getting pretty annoying around here...

#6 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lament

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:11 AM

Most of those things, we already have at the field, water from a well for people to drink or clean off with, paper towels, flags, band tape, and so on. I have taken to carrying a barrel squegee for those just in case moments, bringing with me some Sobe or juice (Can't drink straight water), several radio's, and so on. I don't carry any guns or other gear of that sort, boss has specifically told us to not bring it as people get into "bragging about the gear" or fixing it, instead of reffing. Besides, there are about 40 rentals at the shack, with at least another 80+ at the shop which is 20 minutes away. ANd the shack is no more than 100 feet from the field.

Shooting like there is no tomorrow. For all we know, there is no tomorrow.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#7 User is offline   emr_ambush_alpha67 

• ambush AkA the law
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ambush_alpha67

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:39 PM

our field suplys us with a book bag complete with a new gun, tape, mask, bbd's, flags, anti fog, paper towels, garbige bag, radio, whole punch, copy of the rules and waver, and a mallet..... a fairly large mallet.

This post has been edited by emr_ambush_alpha67: 13 May 2007 - 01:39 PM

~RIP~ Owego Outlaws
NJ TITANS!!! HOW WE ROLLL!!!! SOOOOOUUUTTTHHHH SSSIIIDDDEEE!!!!
~I AM THE SLINKEY~

#8 User is offline   Argelmcgee 

• Saber
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:None

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

At my field the only thing we really get as refs are t-shirts and radios. I usually carry a cloth in my BDU pocket for playing, and I do the same when I ref. That's about it, we aren't out long enough to need water, although I'd hate to see someone get heatstroke.

#9 Guest_Tessaract_*

Posted 13 May 2007 - 05:26 PM

View PostNinja Jones, on May 13 2007, 12:09 AM, said:

lol, genius!
I should pack some bug spray in my pack, the mosquitos are getting pretty annoying around here...

get 100% deet. off sprays are bs, even the deep woods off made for really thick mosquito infested places are only like 30%

just buy 100%, more value for your buck and more protection

View PostLament, on May 13 2007, 10:11 AM, said:

Most of those things, we already have at the field, water from a well for people to drink or clean off with, paper towels, flags, band tape, and so on. I have taken to carrying a barrel squegee for those just in case moments, bringing with me some Sobe or juice (Can't drink straight water), several radio's, and so on. I don't carry any guns or other gear of that sort, boss has specifically told us to not bring it as people get into "bragging about the gear" or fixing it, instead of reffing. Besides, there are about 40 rentals at the shack, with at least another 80+ at the shop which is 20 minutes away. ANd the shack is no more than 100 feet from the field.

try cryomax. excellent powder drink. gives alot of energy and no sugar chrash or the sour stomach like gatoraid. lot of my cycling buddies love the stuff when they go on long rides. its great for pb too

#10 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lament

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:05 AM

Actually, I really don't need anything exotic, I am very happy with SoBe or juice. I never have to deal with sugar crash or anything of the like, unlike those who drink Rockstar or RedBull or anything of the like.

Shooting like there is no tomorrow. For all we know, there is no tomorrow.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#11 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:37 AM

Duct tape :D

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#12 User is offline   Ninja Jones 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:22 PM

View PostLament, on May 13 2007, 10:11 AM, said:

Well I've got all that stuff at the field, and the only backup guns I bring are rentals, so I dont have to worry about fixing or bragging, and its better to keep someone playing rather than send them back to the staging area for a new gun or w/e.

And usually we play 2, 15 minute games, with a short break between, and running up and down hills can get people exhausted, especially if they've been drinking (it happens), so I always keep spare water bottles in case someone passes out... Hasn't happened on my watch, but I like to be safe...

#13 User is offline   P 1 IVI P 1 N G 

• Team Stealth Commander
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:P 1 IVI P 1 N G

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:33 PM

I bring two rags for regular paint, a Micorfiber cloth for paint on lenses, marker oil, Teflon tape, paper towels, two barrel condoms, a Redz squeegee, the Tippmann barrel squeegee, lots and lots of allen keys (actually it's only 26, some are duplicates), my Leatherman, extra o-rings, a Female end for remote lines, 9V batteries, and a small screwdriver for Response Triggers. I'm getting a small First Aid kit to stuff in there, but as of now that's all I have.

-Andrew
Every time somebody shoots at someone who isn't wearing a mask, someone drowns a sack of puppies.
Every time somebody purposely overshoots someone, a dolphin is harpooned and eaten alive.
Every time somebody wipes, a family of bunnies gets run over by a Steamroller. That's why they have to reproduce so fast. Theoretically, that's how dinosaurs became extinct.

Team Stealth Official Site---HEMOG

#14 User is offline   Ninja Jones 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:17 PM

I'm also starting to bring a hydration pack as it gets hotter. Drinking with a mask on is a pain... I also got a bright red T-Shirt with the Field logo on the front, STAFF on the back, so it's basically my reffing jersey. 99% of the people seem to understand that...

#15 User is offline   tactical_Sniper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tacical_A5

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:56 AM

View PostNinja Jones, on May 12 2007, 10:08 PM, said:

So when I work at the outdoor field (I usually work at the indoor field), I ref groups, always 10+ people, and I always need to bring a kit of nifty things to help out when I'm on the field.

So this is a bit of collaboration, what do you put in your ref kit? Maybe someone else has though of something you havent...

Heres mine:

-Spray Bottle
-Rags and Towels
-2 Team Flags
-Stopwatch
-4+ BBDs (Just to be safe)
-Swabs and Squeegees
-Colored tape (for teams)
-2 bottles of water (1 for me, and 1 for needy persons)
-Spare Gun, Tank and Hopper (Always comes in handy)
-Radio (To check which fields are available, help, etc.)

I think you hit it on the nail there, i arry pritty much the same thing, except for a spare hopper and water.
[

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users