Special Ops Paintball: GIANT BIG GAME XVI *June 6 * 600+ Players *Hudson, Wisconsin - Special Ops Paintball

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

GIANT BIG GAME XVI *June 6 * 600+ Players *Hudson, Wisconsin The Great Lake Crusaders vs the Midwest Alliance. Rate Topic: -----

#136 User is offline   foster 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:40 PM

Yes, I will be at GBG Saturday

I kept a low profile for the Hunt because... well... I was dead!
I also knew that I would not be able to attend HFTC09, but I did not want everyone to know. :dry:

HFTC10 is on my schedule, I really do not want to miss it again.

Good Luck to everyone!

My hand decided that the time was nigh
And for a moment it slipped from view
When it returned, it fairly burned with
Confidence anew… -N.C.

#137 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 June 2009 - 01:46 PM

Darrin, I like the new paint jobs for the bases, as well as I like the new headquarters for the Midwest Alliance.

Great work!

View Postfoster, on Jun 4 2009, 02:40 PM, said:

I kept a low profile for the Hunt because... well... I was dead!
I also knew that I would not be able to attend HFTC09, but I did not want everyone to know. :ninja:

I don't know if you read any of the HTFC '09 threads, but if it does help, we got the guy who got you.
Member of Team Akkadian

#138 User is offline   captain ownage 

• GBG, Splat Tag, Hudson WI. St. Croix Minutemen
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cap. andy

Posted 05 June 2009 - 07:17 AM

Well guys, it's about that time, eh? Im gonna go over some final equipment checks and battle plans, then load everything into the suburban. I will see you all in the jungles, good luck everyone, this is gonna be a good one. :P
98 custom owner
"The more you sweat during peace...the less you bleed during war"
"Do you know the binary language of moisture evaporators?"--Uncle Owen
If you think paintball snipers don't exist...you obviously haven't been owned by a real sniper.
Team captain of the ST. CROIX MINUTEMEN

#139 User is offline   Komodo 

• Sentinel's Head Grunt
  • PipPip

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:40 AM

Well guys its gonna be a high of 60 and rain by 1:00 pm so be prepared for wet weather, glad I'm in the tank). The tempterature is going to be perfect but lets hope it doesn't rain to hard out there. I'll see you guys either running with me or running away from me. :panzer:
Komodo: Team member of the SentinelsClass type: Whatever suits the situation at the time

Team Motto: Know God, Know Victory, No God, No Victory

#140 User is offline   Urban Ninja 

• To conquer fear, you must become fear.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Urban Ninja

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:43 PM

Ah, yes, time to pack up and get ready to head out! The weather is sounding nice... ha ha... Well, I'm off. I'll meet you out on the field, next to you if you're Midwest Alliance, and in my crosshairs if you're Great Lakes Crusaders. Safety and peace be upon you friends.

#141 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:05 PM

*character*

My last token to you before the great battle is merely this:
"O [brethren of the Midwest Alliance], ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies: let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble, neither be ye terrified because of them..." - Deut 20:3

The time is now upon us to wage war against our enemy. We shall smite them, lest they smite us, and let us dutifully accomplish our great cause with nobility, honor, & great courage!

*/character*

This post has been edited by KRA SHARPSHOOTER: 05 June 2009 - 01:06 PM

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#142 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:09 PM

Thanks again for everyone that helped out! Too bad it was such terrible weather though ;)

Red team won! :)

#143 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:59 PM

Congrats Midwest Alliance. It was an honor leading you, and you guys did one great job.

Thanks to all the players of both sides for braving the weather, and thanks to Darrin for hosting.
Member of Team Akkadian

#144 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:57 PM

It was an absolute blast, and despite the crummy weather I fully enjoyed myself. Being my first Big Game I learned a whole lot about LAW's, tanks, forts, and battle plans. Hopefully I will be able to attend more games at Splat Tag in the near future, and the weather will cooperate a little better. :(

General Thalion, you did a marvelous job in leading our team to victory, and you held your cool in the defence of the Red Base as it came under attack. I am also apriciative of your concern over what happened to the Blue team once it had been determined that we had won. I'm glad you took a stand against the unesseccary slaughter of the blue base. This spoke very highly of your character!

I'm very glad I was able to attend, and I look forward to future games at Splat Tag!

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#145 User is offline   Urban Ninja 

• To conquer fear, you must become fear.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Urban Ninja

Posted 07 June 2009 - 10:38 AM

Yes, thank you General Thalion, for your excellent leadership. Even with the weather, it was my favorite Giant Big Game ever. And thank you for leading us to victory!!!

#146 User is offline   MondoMor 

• Well THAT's not right at all.
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MondoMor

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

This was easily the oddest game of my life.

The GLC was on its back foot early on, and never really recovered. We lost a lot of people due to the weather.

My apologies to the guys who came out to play for the GLC - we did what we could to get a victory, but it was not enough. I know a lot of you worked your tails off, and it is definitely appreciated.

I did have one of the highlights of my Paintball experience, though.

Just before the Final Battle we overheard the refs - they mentioned that a couple of refs would stay back to watch the bases, since touching the opponents' flag to the ground earned 10,000 points. We decided to leave the General at our base to guard our flag. One of the Aces High guys mentioned running to Red base and dipping their flag. Since I was already unarmed, I decided to do it. :)

I walked/ran the entire Eastern Tape line, around the Northeast corner, and found the Red base. If Darrin hadn't painted it Red, I'd have never found it - it's part of the field I'd never seen before. I snuck up on the base, trying to make my movements sound like rain. As I poked my head around the corner, I saw...

...nothing. Nobody. There wasn't even the ref that was supposed to have stayed behind.

Without a ref, I had nobody to show the flag-dipping to, so I had to grab the flag and run it all the way back to Blue base. It seemed like a two-mile round trip! I got back to our base and showed the flag to our ref, and the GLC got a 10,000 point boost.

Then I ran it down to show to those in the final battle, screaming and waving the flag like an idiot, hoping to provoke the hard-core fighters of the GLC into a killing frenzy. :) I got shot out, and after some interesting conversations with refs and a team of 30 anxious Red players, walked the flag back to our base just before Game Over. The few GLC fighters at the base were covered with paint after a hard tangle with the Red Terminator and Helicopter. :o

Thanks to the Midwest Alliance for a good game. And for loaning me your flag. :)

This post has been edited by MondoMor: 07 June 2009 - 01:13 PM

Pelican Brigade Paint Ball Club member

#147 User is offline   Thalion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 June 2009 - 01:47 PM

View PostKRA SHARPSHOOTER, on Jun 6 2009, 09:57 PM, said:

General Thalion, you did a marvelous job in leading our team to victory, and you held your cool in the defence of the Red Base as it came under attack. I am also apriciative of your concern over what happened to the Blue team once it had been determined that we had won. I'm glad you took a stand against the unesseccary slaughter of the blue base. This spoke very highly of your character!

Thanks for the kind words.

To me, this is a game. I consider both AKA (the blue general) and MondoMor (the blue XO) to be friends in the game and allies of the Sentinels. I owe both of them for being critical to the 2009 Hunt for the Cure Coalition victory (and I served both of them that day).

I saw we had won, and then decided to keep the game as fun as possible with what we had left. After I started hearing how few blues were left and how we had both the terminator and helicopter at their base, I had to call people back. In paintball, there's losing, and then there's being brutally kicked and pounded while you're down. You can still have fun while losing a paintball game, but it's just not fun to be pounded and pounded and pounded. It is equally no fun to keep hitting a defeated opponent.

To me, it wasn't a choice. I had to pull the plug on the attack.

I only hope my message got through the ranks fast enough to avoid it being too ugly.

View PostMondoMor, on Jun 7 2009, 03:10 PM, said:

This was easily the oddest game of my life.

I definitely would agree - a lot of weirdness happened all day. Not that it was a bad thing, it just was.

We got the initiative, and I genuinely feared we would burn ourselves out too fast. As it happens, the weather actually worked for the Alliance, because it forced an over-working force to take breaks to get out of the rain and cold.

Thanks to the Midwest Alliance for a good game. And for loaning me your flag. :o

No problem - it stirred the hornet's nest a little. I told the Terminator "go bring me my flag."
Member of Team Akkadian

#148 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:57 PM

A great game was had by all. My most favorite part was the attack by the MA against the GLC main base. We moved forward without any opposition, and many of us were within 100 feet or less of the base, then the GLC counterattacked from behind! They wiped out all of us, except for five, and I was one of them. I set off along boundary line through the forest with my surviving team mate. We came out of the forest at a trail, directly behind the the Wisconsinites, just as they were about to attack to urban field. We tagged several out and hot footed it through a trail before they could get us.

I would have been on the field for the final battle, but the weather really kicked my butt, especially because I was soaked to the bone.
Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#149 User is offline   captain ownage 

• GBG, Splat Tag, Hudson WI. St. Croix Minutemen
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cap. andy

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:34 PM

View PostIron Eagle, on Jun 7 2009, 07:57 PM, said:

A great game was had by all. My most favorite part was the attack by the MA against the GLC main base. We moved forward without any opposition, and many of us were within 100 feet or less of the base, then the GLC counterattacked from behind! They wiped out all of us, except for five, and I was one of them. I set off along boundary line through the forest with my surviving team mate. We came out of the forest at a trail, directly behind the the Wisconsinites, just as they were about to attack to urban field. We tagged several out and hot footed it through a trail before they could get us.

I would have been on the field for the final battle, but the weather really kicked my butt, especially because I was soaked to the bone.

lol one of my team mates described exactly what you just said, he said that he was watching a big group of blue running to urban then a guy wearing red and he's like "uh i dont think he's supposed to be here" and then they got you.

About the game: well, i had to leave early, so i tried doing the most i could in the first half of the game. I feel horribly for everyone because of the weather, it was just unnecessary, couldnt it have waited one more day to relieve us the rain we havent had for like 2 weeks....oh well. I couldnt see nearly the whole game. But i do have some good memories. Me and my team had some good maneuvers.
98 custom owner
"The more you sweat during peace...the less you bleed during war"
"Do you know the binary language of moisture evaporators?"--Uncle Owen
If you think paintball snipers don't exist...you obviously haven't been owned by a real sniper.
Team captain of the ST. CROIX MINUTEMEN

#150 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 07 June 2009 - 08:00 PM

I ran pretty far up the trail. I was paralleling the urban field and then I was caught in between two attacking teams of GLC's. Was that one of you?

This post has been edited by Iron Eagle: 07 June 2009 - 08:01 PM

Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users