• You cannot reply to this topic

Marauder 7's

#1 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:51 PM

I ordered the Marauder 7 pants because of the sick deal they had on it, and now I feel that I may regret buying them. I have a few questions on them-

-Are they breathable? (Very important)
-Are the highly durable?
-Is it good camouflage? (I live in Wisconsin, so that means a mix of green forests/brush, brown/gray tree trunks, a light tan background, and open fields of dead grass in a few occasions)
-Should I return it and buy Fusions in Omnipat instead?

This post has been edited by Iron Eagle: 03 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#2 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:28 PM

They are made of a BDU type material, so there no more "breathable" than standard bdu's. They are however a little fuller cut than BDU's, if I remember correctly, so being baggier may aid in cooling. As far as blending in to your surroundings, that's something you are going to have to answer for youself mostly. Do you play in a lot of green dominant areas? If so the Marauders will be perfect. Even if it's only green for a little while, keep the sick deal pants & wear them while you can - pick up the omnipat's later if they become a sick deal again.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#3 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:04 PM

Yea what Ger said.

But.... I happen to be wearing my Omnipat Fusion pants right now that I bought during the sick deal.

They are awesome! Awesome!

#4 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:11 PM

I got them Friday. They don't seem breathable and are a little to dark for the likes of me. Oh well, at least there's always Omnipat Fusions which I wish I would have bought when they were on sale.

#5 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:41 AM

View PostIron Eagle, on Mar 8 2009, 06:11 PM, said:

I got them Friday. They don't seem breathable and are a little to dark for the likes of me. Oh well, at least there's always Omnipat Fusions which I wish I would have bought when they were on sale.

Be patient, they may come back up as a "sick deal" again, or don't be patient & get them now to help stimulate the economy :). I imagine the SO digi will work pretty well for you as Spring hits & things really start to get green. I happen to have a Multicam setup & I imagine there are times during the late Spring & Summer when things are really green here that SO Digi would be a better match - I just don't feel like spending money to put another gear kit together.

This post has been edited by ger: 09 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#6 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:51 AM

i'm from MN and we played this last weekend. nothing's green yet so the SO digi stood out a little, but it's darker and blends well with the trees. i think once things green up it's going to be darn near impossible to pick out in the woods. one of our guys accidentally bought the ACU marauder jersey, but in all actuality it was hard to see him against the fallen leaves/barren trees background...although i think the omnipat would be ideal for early spring/late fall...but with all the tan they use for the edging and cuffs, i don't know if omnipat would work well after everything greens up. all of this rambling to say, SO digi will work great when it greens up.
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#7 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

I've heard a lot of good things about Omnipat when there is a lot of green. Wisconsin has a good mixture of green, brown, tan, and dark gray, so Omnipat should work exellently.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users