• You cannot reply to this topic

ICD Promaster Opinions

#1 User is offline   Bobbjoe 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Bobbjoe

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

I just bought one as a backup gun. Just wondering what the opinion of the forum was on comparing them to other high ends.

I Choose not to Conform to the Stereotypical Conformities that Stereotypical Conformative Society Conforms to.
What now?

#2 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• The Forum Authority On Alaska- pm me if you have any ?'s
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Guy In Digi Camo

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

I actually use one as a main gun

They can perform just as well as any other highend marker ive found

The only 2 problems i have with mine is that

1.the mode selector is dipswitches on the board itself which requires you to take the grip screws off.

2. Taking it totally apart requires a little more involment than other guns i think.

3. you must use a lithium based grease to lube it, not axle grease, DOW 22 works good.

here are some issues that ive heard of

The stock HPA reg isnt that good and is reccomended to be swapped out, if you dont swap it it must be taken apart and lubed as it dosent come factory lubed

It tends to be a gas hog until its fully broken in

Some of the earlier models had a issue with the ball denit springs being too stiff and chopping balls so if you experience alot of ball chops try clipping the srpings down a bit or buy magnetic denits from KILA products

Other than that its a great gun it has a great stock bolt and is pretty durable, i love mine and im sure youll be happy having it as a backup gun.

If you need a manuel search, Indian Creek Designs, in google and you can download a PDF version of the manuel
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

#3 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:39 PM

View PostGuy In Digi Camo, on Jan 10 2009, 06:56 PM, said:

1.the mode selector is dipswitches on the board itself which requires you to take the grip screws off.

Whats wrong with that? Its not like theres much time to change mode during a game. Also, thats an easy way of making it tournament legal.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#4 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

My Dad uses one as his main.
It works pretty well for him, but his gun before that was a 98 Custom, so he's not exactly too demanding of his guns.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#5 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• PipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

i play alot of woods ball so i like being able to switch modes on the fly and not have to keep one grip screw off and play with switches then tun my gun off then back on
Going to be in Alaska check out my up to date post where you can get your questions answeredAlaska

#6 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:54 PM

View PostGuy In Digi Camo, on Jan 11 2009, 04:11 PM, said:

i play alot of woods ball so i like being able to switch modes on the fly and not have to keep one grip screw off and play with switches then tun my gun off then back on

It doesn't matter what you're playing, I've played woodsball and speedball, and have never changed a mode in game or felt the need to do so. Why not just play semi, and if you feel the need to shoot faster start walking the trigger?
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...

#7 User is offline   Krazy8 

• User Defined
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Krazy8

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:44 AM

HEHEHE...some of us have found the need to create and hold our own defensive parimeter.
Switching from semi to NXL in five soconds mid game is a pricless way to accomplish protecting a base by yourself for 20 minutes against 20 or so attackers.

The ability to switch modes via the trigger is handy but not a necessity.

#8 User is offline   Guy In Digi Camo 

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:35 PM

View PostKrazy8, on Jan 12 2009, 09:44 AM, said:

HEHEHE...some of us have found the need to create and hold our own defensive parimeter.
Switching from semi to NXL in five soconds mid game is a pricless way to accomplish protecting a base by yourself for 20 minutes against 20 or so attackers.

The ability to switch modes via the trigger is handy but not a necessity.

MY exact point im a dagger and therest of my team is slower than me and the way the field is set up you HAVE to run out and get bases quickly
So i often find myself in a bymyself vs the other team for a couple minutes so the ability to change modes would be good, thats why im getting a mini

However since its your backup gun i wouldnt worry too much about it, set it to ramp mode or NXL auto in advance and you should be fine if you ever need to use it

This post has been edited by Guy In Digi Camo: 14 January 2009 - 06:37 PM

#9 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

• that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:30 PM

Thats why you learn how to walk the trigger on semi though. I can hit around 15 bps on semi with my f8, more when I try to burst really fast. Thats more than enough for any use IMO.
Posted Image
Flickr

#10 User is offline   Self Medicated 

• General Apathy
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Self Medicated

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:21 PM

Considering that most fields allow a max of 15bps, and the stock Promaster board has a 15bps ramping setting, I have never found the need to adjust my rate of fire in the middle of the game.

This post has been edited by Self Medicated: 15 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

#11 User is offline   ranger111133 

• the powdered sugar king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ranger111133

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:44 PM

i use it for playing speedball....great gun, just wish there was a selector switch for modes of firing

#12 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:46 PM

It's my main gun. I love it. Being able to switch modes a little easier would be nice I guess. But I just left mine on semi and learned how to walked the trigger.

#13 User is offline   Bobbjoe 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Bobbjoe

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

So I got it in the mail last week, and played with it today for the first time. Didn't break any paint, and functioned without flaw. The only complaint I have so for is that you can't turn the eyes off.

I Choose not to Conform to the Stereotypical Conformities that Stereotypical Conformative Society Conforms to.
What now?

#14 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2009 - 07:14 PM

Yes you can, you hold down the trigger while you turn on the marker and after a few seconds the light will blink indicating that the eyes are off. This isn't in the owners manual and I found it out from another member myself.

#15 User is offline   beyond the grave 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:25 PM

Like everyone else here has said it's a good gun. There are really only four things you need to buy for it. An ASA, feedneck, in-line regulator, and a good barrel or barrel kit.
The ASA is your choice but I advise an on/off one.

AKA and CCM are the only two companies that make feednecks for it. Just make sure it specifically says Bushmaster or B2K for the threading. It's close to the same threading as an Ion's feedneck but not the same.

For an in-line reg it's your choice again but Evil Detonator regs are good and they match the flow of a Promaster fairly well.

There are too many barrel choices out there but I highly recommend a kit unless you use the same paint every time at every field you play at.

It does say in the manual how to turn the eyes off. It's on page 17 under the PDS part. ICD calls their system PDS= Paintball Detection System. That might be why you overlooked it.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users