• This topic is locked

Someone's Boosting Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ske7cher 

• Team Ace - Sniper
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ske7cher

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:49 PM

Hey i know someone who is jus tputting stats down for points is there asnything i can do like report him or something?

#2 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 19 August 2007 - 04:11 PM

Nope, but rest assured when those people try to redeem free items the logs are checked for fraud by a SO employee.

#3 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CapnStank

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:19 PM

If they ever get busted they should get like a nice permanent SHAME stamp plastered somewhere on their account.
"Watch out for the guy with the pump, they tend to hit their target."
My BST Feedback: +3/0

#4 User is offline   Trooper 772 

• Special Ops. Brigade, Hit me up on Myspace homes.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Trooper 772

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:43 PM

Im pretty sure you can contact Spec. Ops. HQ and they'll take care of it-- I mean, as your creating an account, there's something on the page that says "Don't fraud, we'll find you!" or something like that...
"Chop 'em Cousin."

#5 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:58 AM

yea a permanent "shady" or "shame" stamp would be sweet!
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#6 User is offline   Funka Wunka 

• Beta Force
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Funka Wunka

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:51 AM

Wait, are we allowed to log our games in though? I'm not talking about spamming it with 200 flawless games, I mean say I go paintballing one day, and log that into the stats.

#7 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:06 PM

Of course you can log in each day of play. How you do it is dependent on you. However if you log in each and every single game you play that day you would be looked down upon.

#8 User is offline   Tek 

• Paintball Jedi
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Rogue Tek

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:40 AM

Also please make sure it is a acctual day of play or practice, not just you target shooting in the back yard for DOO DOOs & giggles.
Member of Ambush Alpha ~ www.AmbushAlpha.net
Sponsors: AADS, AMMO Energy, Angel, A.P.E., APP, BT (Battle Tested), BT Warrior:Online, EMR, Energy Paintball, Engler Custom Guns, Fire Fox, Guerrilla Air, Hoo-Ahhs, HP, P&D Ordnance, Scott

Member of JOINT FURY

Daggers first into the fray... What? Like you apes want to live for ever!
Hired Gun Monkey for Rogue Elites ~ Paintball Squad
Sponsors: Rogue Ales

#9 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:24 PM

I mainly only log in days of play that I actually felt like I was playing. I was at the field last week but did not log in my days because I felt I was showing newer players the ropes more than actually playing. Yesterday was pretty much the same thing. Today i actually got a chance to get some good quality games in.

#10 User is offline   Kapp 

• Co-Captain of Alpha Squad Seven
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Kapp

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:25 AM

Yeah its kind of shameful that most of the guys with higher ranks and what have you have 10 entries on the same day. If I logged each game instead of each game day, id have like 9,000 points. I log each actual day I go, and I actually write pretty detailed reports now too on each day. I mean, if people want to log each individual game, I think thatd be fine, I understand the desire to do it that way, but I think there should be an option, so you can say it was only a single game, not a game day, and get only 5 points instead of 50.

A few other things I see are people with 12 teams. Really? 12 teams? You get 200 points for every team you start. Its a cushy 2000 points to create 10 teams. Of course, it MIGHT not be their fault, as you can't yet delete teams. For whatever reason, when you make them, they are forever.

There are some other people getting points off special ops errors, though that isnt their fault at all from what I can see. I think I got 260 points on one shirt I tried to order, it took specops 5 times to get it right, I kept returning it and they kept resending it. Each time they re-sent I got the points on the shirt again.

Of course, some of these things are beyond our control. Still, the shadiness, specifically at the higher ranks we are supposed to be looking up to, is disheartening. I wish a tighter leash was kept at least on the officer corps. One guy could probably jam through all of them in a month. Hell, I'd do it for free if they gave me the power to delete points and entries from other people's accounts.

#11 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:48 AM

i'm actually surprised specops hasnt just gone through and deleted accounts. i remember i went through all of florida's members a few months ago and it only took me a couple hours. within a few minutes i couldve deleted half of the members because they havent been active, or even added anythign to their page in like a year or two. and htose arent counting the OBVIOUSLY fake pages. i think out of all the actuall active, honest members, you probably woulda had about 50-100 MAX out of the 80-90 pages of member listing... and thats only in FLORIDA!

This post has been edited by Iron__Man: 06 November 2007 - 08:49 AM

Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#12 User is offline   overt 

• Old enough to know better, too young to care
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:overt

Posted 06 November 2007 - 09:56 AM

when i was looking through the higher ranked members i noticed that the people that legitimately earned thier rank were mostly leutenants. the generals and higher ups more often than not had upwards of twenty teams started, all of thier 30 pods individually listed in thier gear, a play log entry for every game they played not every day, and/or they spent a criminally large amount of money at the special ops store. I wish i had enough money to buy myself into an officer rank. i'm struggling to get to command seargent and i've been playing for ten years, and I already passed the officer test.

I don't really buy all that much from the specops store though so i don't really need all the extra free stuff that you get with higher ranks. it would be nice if they cleaned up the accounts though.

Proud EPIC owner #1

#13 User is offline   metalhead39 

• The flesh torpedo
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:metalhead39

Posted 09 November 2007 - 10:01 AM

it's kinda hard I think for the players that have been on for awhile cause after you have all you gear, join your team, and log your past experience you're kinda stuck to recruiting and games. I mean once a veteran player has found their setup and everything they won't acquire much new gear. And even recruiting is hard because IF someone signs up they have to put your brigade # in. I think it would work better if when you sent an email to someone that it atomatically gave you credit when they click a link or something.

#14 User is offline   Tac-One 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Tac-One

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:14 PM

View PostKapp, on Oct 24 2007, 09:25 AM, said:

Yeah its kind of shameful that most of the guys with higher ranks and what have you have 10 entries on the same day. If I logged each game instead of each game day, id have like 9,000 points. I log each actual day I go, and I actually write pretty detailed reports now too on each day. I mean, if people want to log each individual game, I think thatd be fine, I understand the desire to do it that way, but I think there should be an option, so you can say it was only a single game, not a game day, and get only 5 points instead of 50.

I have to diagree there. I log my games individually, because I play my games individually, not as one big mass.

When I started, I would just do an entire day. However, it didn't really convey what happened that day at all.

For one thing, I play different positions in different games. Sometimes I am a team leader, so I log the game as Commander. Other times I am a hardcore flanker moving fast, and log myself as a Sabre. Other times I am the stoic infatry man and log the game as a Medium Rifleman. How would I log that day as one entry?

Plus we all have games where we get eliminated off the break and games where we almost singlehandedly wipe out the opposition. I want those games to stick out, not to average out.

Finally, I want my entries to tell a story. I want to be able to look back and reminice over my exploits. I want my friends and my opponents to be able to read and recognize a game they played in. I don't want if to be "just another day of paintball".

So I don't feel individual game entries is stat-whoring. Now, when you see the guy who played a game at Paintball Field 999 and got 99 kills to 9 eliminations and he played 100 times in one day, I'll grant you that. But if someone wants to take the time to describe each game and break it down, I think that's completely legitimate.

#15 User is offline   Geos 

• Great Lakes Rangers
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Geos

Posted 09 December 2007 - 11:04 PM

If you want to list your games separately, fine. But the should be a limit on points from your play log per day. That way everyone can be on a more even ground. I average out the position I play and pick that type of style for the day. The position doesn't really matter. There is lots of space to write what you did. How many people really read other peoples logs for each game? I put notes in mine to remind me if something that stands out happened. There needs to be a standard set and have it retroactive on points. I hear big plans from time to time on here for the Brigade, but nothing ever happens. People can buy there rank as well as buy Elite. Which does make it alittle more realistic. People in real life have done the same thing.

Geos

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users