Special Ops Paintball: Funniest misfire/equipment malfunction - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Funniest misfire/equipment malfunction Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Charlatan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CHARLATAN

Post icon  Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:13 AM

What's the funniest malfunction you've ever had with your gear?

Here's mine (presented in two parts for easier reading and better context):

Part A: One day at my local paintball field, I was at the chrono range and when I was removing/reinserting my barrel plug on my Spyder VS1 the park staff member that was with me suggesting putting some lube on the plug's O-rings because they were squeaking a lot.

Part B: Later that day, my friends and I were about to begin a game. As my team goes over to its starting point, I make the mistake of turning the electronics on my Spyder BEFORE removing the barrel plug (don't freak out, everyone was masked). And so as I'm about to reach for the barrel plug my finger accidentally taps the trigger and a loud THOP noise accompanies pink spoo coming out of the barrel porting. :wacko: :P I have to call timeout, like, 12 times because the field we were on was a REALLY long village and the other team started clear at the opposite end, and the ref was still a huge distance away despite being in the middle. There's an upside to this---after I was finishing squeegeeing, the O-rings on the plug were properly lubed and didn't squeak anymore. :laugh:

Your turn for funny stories!
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

#2 User is offline   aqua_scummm 

• one half of the wonder that is legaqua
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:aqua_scummm

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:16 AM

you guys have a "time out"? wow...

None of my malfunctions are ever funny :laugh:

#3 User is offline   Charlatan 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:CHARLATAN

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

View Postaqua_scummm, on Apr 3 2008, 01:16 PM, said:

you guys have a "time out"? wow...

None of my malfunctions are ever funny :laugh:

Sorta. The game was seconds away from beginning and I start yelling, "WAIT, WAIT, MISFIRE, I NEED A BUNG."
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

#4 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:37 AM

Hmm. I think one of my funniest moments was a 2 on 1 game on the lake basin course at the field. I was on the side with the two. The opponent took out my team mate while I was working along the edges of the field. I came up behind the opponent. I had my shot nicely lined up. I pulled the trigger, my marker clicked and nothing came out the barrel. I had forgotten to turn on the the ball valve I have on my remote. I started to run back to better cover as I turned on the air and recocked my marker. As I was doing that he turned and put a couple round on my back.

That happened in the spring of last year as I was still working on my Palmerized carbine stock.

#5 User is offline   The Bear 

• The Bear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ghost Bear

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:44 AM

One of the funniest I saw (after the fact it was funny, once we were sure no damage or injury was going to happen) was at a local field. A team mate had a rental, Tippman carbine with CO2, and was behind me in a bunker. He was shooting cover downfield and all of the sudden I hear his marker start to burp. My first thought was great, he's out of air, but then the burp continued. I looked back, he was holding the marker at arms length with clouds and snow coming out both the barrel and the back end, almost obscuring him, while continuing to burp very loudly. Once he dropped the marker and said '*$@% this', everyone on the field had a good laugh. Never did find out what was wrong, he got another marker and we kept playing.

I also saw a team mate through a tippy grenade, only to have it not go off (duh) and get picked up by the enemy, who wasted no time throwing it back and this time it went off, taking out the guy who threw it initially. The moral of this story, don't buy tippy 'nades.

Bear

This post has been edited by The Bear: 03 April 2008 - 11:46 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Sneaky Sir 

• Studyin' my pump-fu
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sneaky Sir

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:10 PM

Ok mine funniest was during a game of outlaw woodsball.
I was using my Phantom setup and I was playing some sniper. An opponent walked right past me, I was in the middle of a bush. He stopped about 20 feet in front of me, but I couldn't get a shot at him. So I got up quietly and crept up behind him. About two feet from him, there was an old window with the glass still in it covered by weeds (it was also wet because it rained the previous day). Right when I asked him to surrender, I slipped on the glass and fell into him. We were such a tangled mess of equipment that he got his gun on me and told me to surrender.
I had no choice at that point.
lol it was a pretty good one

#7 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:52 PM

I pulled the E-Grip off my old A-5...while it was still gassed up.

That barrel bag STILL isn't clean.

#8 User is offline   CdnNinja 

• The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:05 PM

I was tinkering with my marker and accidentally shot my teamate in the foot from point blank. It was alright though cause it was before the game started.

This post has been edited by xX_jXx: 03 April 2008 - 01:06 PM

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:06 PM

Final battle at a BlackCat game. One of the guys unwraps an F-Bomb Big Boy. Only he wasn't careful, and as soon as he pulled the wrapping off it went off, right in the middle of a huge group of people. Well, it was instant reinsertion and the flag was just a few feet behind us, but it was still funny. Not like it mattered. At this point we had the other team backed up against the boundary tape. It was rather sad. I was standing in open ground with my E-Mag, paint bouncing off the ground all around me, mowing down people as they charged the objective.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#10 User is offline   Aych 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Aych

Post icon  Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:19 PM

this happened to a friend of mine at a local field. at the start of the day my other friend had some f-bombs and my friend took an f-bomb and unwrapped it. then decided not to throw it.(this was pre-game, when we were getting are stuff together) so then my friend put the f-bomb in his pocket and said is waiting for the moment. two games later at the start of the thrid or fourth game before the go. he decides to pull it out to look at it. then.......booom! orange paint all over his right arm, co2 tank, some one his x7 and some other guys leg. we didn't let that go for a while. i even had a grenade FAQ document just to screw with him.

#11 User is offline   commander mike 

• the door is locked now but its open if your true - Metallica
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:commander mike

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:40 PM

This was really stupid. I was messing with my A-5. I came in from test shooting in the backyard and was in my kitchen. I had the tank screwed directly into the tombstone, vertically. While unscrewing the air tank the trigger frame got in the way of the fill nipple of the tank. Ok. So forgetting that removing the trigger frame will cause the gun to rapidly fire, I removed it. Well it shot about 10 shots at the wall. Good thing my mom wasn't there. ;)
Posted Image
Friends dont let friends shoot .50 cal... - The Stuntman

#12 User is offline   WoodsSniper 

• R.I.P. Dime
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:43 PM

Had my Phantom one day; the game starts and I forget to take my barrel sock of, shoot, and well you can guess what happened.
All I'm gonna do is just go on and do what I feel. - Jimi Hendrix
Feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=164293

My teams home field, take a look, especially if your from Mississippi
http://thomaspaintball.weebly.com/index.html

#13 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

At 28 weeks later (Fox 4). Someone shot a barrel off his ion... It was rather funny.. But maybe you had to be there. If you can find the 28 weeks later vid (of the scenario) on youtube, you can see it happen, they caught it on camera..

#14 User is offline   Goldenhand 

• SpecOps GFXT #4
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Goldenhand

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:50 PM

Well, my only thing was last game I was using a rental and the refilling pods. My genius friend with the ion say "Oh, out of paint?" picks up the gun and fires it, and I heard a funny noise. He goes "Well you better finish that up!" I knew he had done something so I put on the safety and took off the barrel bag, and the whole thing is full of pink paint, along with 3-4 inches of my barrel ;) I played the rest of the day with the porting in the end of the barrel pink lol!

This post has been edited by Goldenhand: 03 April 2008 - 01:51 PM

Fox urine nothing! I would rent an elephant from the local circus and give it a massive dose of ex-lax. I would then proceed to "cork it" with an attached string so when the kids show up KABLOOEE!!!!!! See if their parents can sue an elephant for defacating! -ZZaque

#15 User is offline   Shadow Sparda 

• Trust me. I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow Sparda

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:34 PM

I was playing in a junkyard, got the bright idea to hole up in an old firetruck, locked the doors. My position was overran later in the day, so they painted my windows and waited for me to step out. Needless to say, I felt kinda like Ann Frank.
My Feedback

"So screw that. I ain't dying" - Tree Fitty
You're right bub. You've got a whole community who will never let that happen. In your memory. In your honor.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users