Special Ops Paintball: What do you do when you buy a used 'Cocker? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do you do when you buy a used 'Cocker? Also, can anyone tell me what this one is? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sweord 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:00 PM

Hello everyone. :) I just have a few questions, because I keep debating with myself as to whether I should get a used Autococker, or an Invert Mini. So I was wondering: what do you have to do/check when you buy a used 'Cocker? Also, can anyone tell me which Autococker this is? / HERE / I look for it under the listed name/year, but I can't find anything.

And, how hard would it be to learn how to use an Autococker for someone who hasn't even got his own marker yet? Is it feasible, or should I buy an easier-to-use marker like the Mini?

Thanks,

Sweord

#2 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2010 - 02:17 PM

Well first off, I think you can find a better deal than that.

Secondly, getting the timing right on an Autococker can be tricky for someone who isn't experienced in working on many markers.

Let me ask you this: How often do you play? And How much do you see yourself playing in the future?
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#3 User is offline   Down Range Pain 

• Holy Necropost Batman!
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:43 PM

u should get something simplier like the mini or a TM7 or TM15
Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” --Martin Luther King Jr.

"Victory is a very dangerous oppertunity" --General Andre Beaufre

#4 User is offline   Sweord 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:58 PM

View Postblackcelldrumr15, on 29 August 2010 - 05:17 PM, said:

Well first off, I think you can find a better deal than that.

Secondly, getting the timing right on an Autococker can be tricky for someone who isn't experienced in working on many markers.

Let me ask you this: How often do you play? And How much do you see yourself playing in the future?

Okay, that's why I asked, because I don't know what's a good deal and what's not.

I've read about that, and I think I could take it to a pro shop foor help, or look on the net to find instructions on how to time/ otherwise tune a 'Cocker. The thing is, though, I just can't get rid of the feeling of wanting one, even if it doesn't shoot 20+ bps or ramp.

I want to eventually go at least once a week (although I wish I could go more often, but Maryland fields seem to be weekends only), but that depends on if my parents are willing. When I turn 16 next year and can drive, I'll probably go once a week.

#5 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

If you think you can handle the timing and tuning then by all means go for it. But I wouldn't go for that deal, it's not the best.

Check out the BST section on here and other forums, I'm sure you'll find better deals.
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#6 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

A few things:

• It is an E-blade so timing is not a huge issue as it is on a mech.
  • You can get a better deal on B/S/T sections
  • Check the B/S/T here or over on mcarterbrown.com

#7 User is offline   Sweord 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:43 PM

If I can manage to find an autococker I like, I think I will get it, but that does mean I'll probably be posting lots of questions. :laugh:

Anyways, what is your guys' opinion of this marker: Link ? I hate to keep asking whether a marker is good or not, but you guys know your stuff, whereas I don't. I'll probably ask a lot of these until I get my own marker, so I hope I don't get too bothersome. :(

#8 User is offline   Private Silver 

• Das poomp
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Private Silver

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:23 PM

I personally think the second link is ugly, but i never really liked most 'cockers with the little jutting thing in the back to begin with. Again, assuming your keeping the marker and you want a good barrel/kit, gun+barrel is already over 400$, without any air/mask/harness (pardon if you have those already). Personally i had a wee bit of a snag with ANS once, but i got it resolved, but their branding doesn't mean much to most people I've met. Still, check out the b/s/t 'round here and mcarter, but i personally don't trust most people on ebay for anything serious or expensive.

'course i'm also a wee bit paranoid, but thats besides the point :P
Posted Image
SO Feedback +2/ E-bay feedback +14

#9 User is offline   Sweord 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

Actually, I think the ones with the thingy on the back are the cool ones. :D And I already have a mask (my first buy :P )

But, I hear you on the paranoid, my dad never buys from an ebayer that doesn't have 200+ items sold and 99.9+ feedback. Oh well, I'm looking around still, so nothing is permanent. If the hurricane doesn't hit us, we might go 'ballin' this weekend, too.

So, what do you guys think is a good cocker for what price? Like, what should I look for price wise for certain used cockers?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users