Special Ops Paintball: Alternative Barrels for the Tac One Longbow - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alternative Barrels for the Tac One Longbow Instead of the 18" All American Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:23 AM

So in reading reviews about the All-American barrel some people love it, others hate it. I personally haven't got a chance to test the accuracy of my longbow (newly purchased; I hope to test it today and set up my Qpod prewinds), yet I think a more "matte black" barrel would look better overall. Obviously, I would keep it for now if it shoots fine, but I think in the event I have too much money (hahahHAHAHAHAHhaha...hahaha. Student.) I would look at something like a J and J ceramic....

HOWEVER - the Tac One body has quite a recess for barrels to go into (something like an inch or two of barrel past the threading must fit within the marker). So, I was wondering which barrels would fit alright into there (ie. the J and J has quite a wide end just in front of the threading on my 98c barrel)?

#2 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:29 AM

For my Longbow, when I used the Qloader on it, I used a 16 inch Dye UL. Now I have the Qloader setup different I switch between the UL and a 14 inch Flasc Barrel with Apex.

Ive used a number of barrels on my Tac-One though, including Lapco, J&J, and CP. All of which are great barrels. I am not a fan of the All-American Barrel system.

#3 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:36 AM

View PostEnhander, on 01 October 2010 - 11:29 AM, said:

For my Longbow, when I used the Qloader on it, I used a 16 inch Dye UL. Now I have the Qloader setup different I switch between the UL and a 14 inch Flasc Barrel with Apex.

Ive used a number of barrels on my Tac-One though, including Lapco, J&J, and CP. All of which are great barrels. I am not a fan of the All-American Barrel system.

As a side note, I'd prefer barrel systems that are 18" in that they look nicer with the longbow mags and I'd prefer my barrel extends past the Qpod ;)

#4 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:48 AM

Ah ok. At one point I had 3 different sized UL tips, 14 for normal use, 16 for Qloader and 18 for Longbow mags. hehe

Id still go with 18 inch UL, 18 inch Flasc or possibly a 18 inch Lapco Snapshot.

#5 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 01 October 2010 - 01:04 PM

you can rock a J&J system, the backs are about 6-7'' (I think?) more then enough room to clear that 1.5'' shroud on the Tac mainbody.
Dye UL's are also longer control backs
Freak Systems
J&J Edge kits

flasc one peice barrels, you may have to search around to figure out how long they are, but for 40$ you can get a Apex
Ready 0.681 bore! not to shabby!
This back is 9'' long, you then put any "extension" or a cocker barrel of your own to add to it, so if you have a 9'' front, there is your 18'' barrel.

http://www.flascpain...-Bore-Size.html

Edit: and becuase the tip is double threaded you can put any Cocker threaded barrel on the 9'' back.
Thats pretty solid.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 01 October 2010 - 01:07 PM

#6 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2010 - 02:30 PM

I love my Dye UL's. Can't go wrong.

If I was you though, GET A DEADLYWIND. I heard they are amazing and I want one right now.

#7 User is offline   maniacmechanic 

• maniacmechanic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MANIAC MECHANIC

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:17 PM

i'm to a point where I like Scepter kits , you can get it with whatever length tip's you want , my problem is I end up anno matching barrels with markers , I do still have one freak though
Hank Emery aka maniacmechanic
Team MIXXED BREED
port st. lucie fla originally from West (BG) Virginia
ALL I own are MAG'S , AKA's & a Pump or 2

#8 User is offline   ninja monkey 

• Team: Shadow Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:M00K

Posted 27 November 2010 - 08:55 PM

i would suggest a stiffi barrel, it fits snug and is light and just plain awesome.

#9 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:00 AM

I was actually considering just saving and getting a Palmer's Brass custom A/C barrel...

Double ported, etc (who cares, efficiency isn't greatest with a Mag haha)

#10 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:43 PM

Still considering Palmers, but they tend to be prohibitively expensive... a 16" (highest possible length without calling) with my options is at $143 US already o.O ... plus shipping and maybe additional for an extra 2".

I found out, however, that JJ DOES have an 18" barrel ... it's on of their 2 piece "Full Tilt" barrels. $65. Also for an extra $20 or something I could get a shorter front if I ever want to just play with a regular hopper.

Anyone have experience with a Full Tilt?

#11 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2010 - 03:48 PM

Did you price it w/ the sale they're having right now? It knocks a chunk off the price of the barrel before custom options.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#12 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

View Postger, on 10 December 2010 - 03:48 PM, said:

Did you price it w/ the sale they're having right now? It knocks a chunk off the price of the barrel before custom options.

That wasn't there a couple days ago! :P

It's still about $125 before shipping, unfortunately (and not including 18" length). Unfortunately, I am a student :P I hate how winter and a lack of balling makes me look for stuff like this ><

I was considering selling the AA (also have a 14" front or something) but I don't know how much I would get for it (hopefully $80 ish on Kijiji).

Trouble is my monthly spending budget is down to like $150 a month, and I have a girlfriend :P lol

Maybe I should just give the AA a chance and see in the summer :( lol

#13 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:15 PM

Shoot what you have before you spend any cash, or lose the girl ;).

Although... I've shot barrels from Dye, Lapco, SP, & Palmers - the Palmers is by far my favorite, no question. If the sale included TL AGD barrels I'd pick one up new for my mag, but for now I'm still waiting for a cheap one to pop up on the various forums (it could happen :hope:). The cost is high, but the quality exceeds it by a long shot. The big strike against Palmers is the fact that you can get really good used barrel kits for well under the cost of a new Palmers, which makes it hard to choose a single barrel. But the two .690's I've owned did really well w/ a couple different paint sizes, it's that elliptical boring magic they do, makes them like butter regardless of the paint :D.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#14 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

View Postger, on 10 December 2010 - 04:15 PM, said:

Shoot what you have before you spend any cash, or lose the girl ;).

Although... I've shot barrels from Dye, Lapco, SP, & Palmers - the Palmers is by far my favorite, no question. If the sale included TL AGD barrels I'd pick one up new for my mag, but for now I'm still waiting for a cheap one to pop up on the various forums (it could happen :hope:). The cost is high, but the quality exceeds it by a long shot. The big strike against Palmers is the fact that you can get really good used barrel kits for well under the cost of a new Palmers, which makes it hard to choose a single barrel. But the two .690's I've owned did really well w/ a couple different paint sizes, it's that elliptical boring magic they do, makes them like butter regardless of the paint :D.

Haha yeah, I know :P

I'm just shifty about the AA because I've already had some breaks in it... and that was before I got the RT working. That could be due to the extreme inconsistency I was getting from the tank I was using though.

At this point, my new Ninja tank is preset at 1200 psi so the RT is probably operating somewhere around 25 bps... and I know this barrel doesn't clean very well or shoot well after breaks :P

The other upside with the Full Tilt is that I'm not stuck with just an 18" barrel, because in most other applications I definitely wouldn't get one that long... I just like the longbow look, and I want to be able to put the barrel through small gaps to fire (has to extend past Qloader pods to do so).

Ah well :P thanks for the input ger!

#15 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 04 February 2011 - 12:43 AM

if it makes any difference the Stiffi barrels are 70$ and you can pick em up in the small bore ranges, should help efficiency and make the shots count

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users