Special Ops Paintball: Battlefront Paintball - D-Day June 6th 2009 - Special Ops Paintball

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Battlefront Paintball - D-Day June 6th 2009 A 1st Strike Production Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#46 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:44 AM

If, Jason, you're asking overall numbers: based on past experiences, I wouldn't be suprised if we saw 250+ (weather being a big factor). I think we had something like 140 in an absolute downpour for 1st Strikes first scenario last fall & based on the positive feedback from SOCOM, I think we'll see a bunch of players come out. SOCOM didn't have a whole lot of chatter beforehand, a topic wasn't even started on here until the week before... but D-Day is getting a lot more word-of-mouth.

I've got a guys day retreat w/ some local churches the weekend before, we'll probably have 100+ high schoolers there - I'll be pushing for them to come to D-Day. I may only convince maybe 10 extra guys to go but who knows. Many of them will have the same issue that blackcell & his group is having: finals + the possibility of graduations/grad parties.

That's another issue w/ the timing of this one, it's right at schools end (maybe not for all but some). Either college players w/ finals or HS w/ grad parties & finals. Also, lots of families take off on vacation right when school lets out. All those things may bring numbers down a bit. Fortunately there should be enough of us who are old enough to be out of HS/college & young enough to not have kids in HS/college & poor enough to not be going on a big family vacation this year (but not so poor that we can't pay $100 for a day of paintball at the Front :P).

That's all total speculation obviously :D. The field will release the pre-reg numbers the week before & we can probably expect another 100+ on top of that for those that just show up day-of.

This post has been edited by ger: 14 May 2009 - 08:45 AM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#47 User is offline   bpoydence 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bpoydence

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:47 AM

I believe World at War had 550. That being the case, overall turnout I'm betting about 400.
Captain of Total Resistance

#48 User is offline   SN toter 

• Yes, I had a Super Nova
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SN TOTER

Posted 14 May 2009 - 09:54 AM

I'm hoping for 300+, that would be sweet. I know we have about 15 total going, so you'll have a nice showing from us!
Posted Image

#49 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:22 AM

The final player count was 470 for WaW:2... I can't imagine getting that much for D-Day, but let's hope!

I know Lighting Force & the Dog Soldiers are two big teams that were at WaW that are not making it to this one, not sure about other groups. 1st Strike producing means they'll all be on the field... but as refs instead of mercs this time. Although ARC will be switching places w/ them so a number of them will be out there, although I imagine some of them will be volunteering as refs. I think the fact that Greg Hastings was there for WaW caused a bit more buzz, probably got a handful of players out that may not have come, or even realized there was a game. Those few things make me think the numbers will be down a bit for D-Day, but 300+ is certainly doable as far as I'm concerned... possibly pushing 400 as long as the weather is dry.

The only way I'd be suprised is if we got less than 200 - or more than 500... I'm leaving myself a pretty good spread there, huh? I hate suprises ;).

Man, can you imagine 200 Germans firing at Omaha? That's a good amount of paint for a relatively small area. I guess the tubes are getting painted yellow for the Summer season :D!
ger

#50 User is offline   SN toter 

• Yes, I had a Super Nova
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SN TOTER

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:48 PM

View Postger, on May 14 2009, 10:22 AM, said:

Man, can you imagine 200 Germans firing at Omaha? That's a good amount of paint for a relatively small area. I guess the tubes are getting painted yellow for the Summer season :D!

Yep, that's exactly why I'm going :dry:
Posted Image

#51 User is offline   bpoydence 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

I'm betting D-Day will be very close size wise. Remember, your getting rid of Dog Soldiers, but Band of Brothers is coming. Lightning force was at WAW but I don't think they had a lot of players. I know a team from NY that was planning on coming but have since dropped out. All that in mind, I still expect a big turnout.

Jason, you bringing your tank?

#52 User is offline   Loki34 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Loki34

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:15 PM

View Postger, on May 14 2009, 01:22 PM, said:

Man, can you imagine 200 Germans firing at Omaha? That's a good amount of paint for a relatively small area. I guess the tubes are getting painted yellow for the Summer season :laugh:!

Now imagine 2400 people firing at you, that is ION...Bio is looking to probably have around 20ish for D-Day...I would say that its safe to say around 300 for D-Day at BF...

@ Brian...Everything worked out well, SOCOM weekend, was released Mothers Day, so it turned out good, thanks for the support...
Special Ops - Team Sabre - If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!
Official Sabre #347

Polish contingent to Team Biohazard

http://www.biohazardscenariopb.com
Biohazard Paintball Communications Officer
Sponsored by Wholesale Fireworks, Animal Paintball, Compulsive Paintball

#53 User is offline   bpoydence 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2009 - 05:51 PM

No problem man, glad to hear everything is good!

So, being no one stepped up, looks like I'll be leading the Allies to victory!

So who is ready to storm the beach?

#54 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 May 2009 - 08:37 PM

View Postbpoydence, on May 14 2009, 08:51 PM, said:

So, being no one stepped up, looks like I'll be leading the Allies to victory!

So who is ready to storm the beach?

Really!?! That's sweet, I had no idea you were even considering. Who's the Axis lead?

BTW: I'm so ready to storm the beach... where should I setup my beach chair & umbrella? Someone should bring a volleyball net, maybe we can get some games going.
ger

#55 User is offline   bpoydence 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:31 AM

At this point, no axis lead. No idea what they will do if no one steps up either!

I'll be practicing at the beach all next week (vacation), so we should be in good shape.

#56 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:27 AM

Awesome, have fun... remember to wear sunscreen (in my best mom voice).

I'm sure someone will step up, I haven't heard any chatter as to what organized groups are going to be Axis -- except the possibility of Bio still as I haven't heard if they know what they are doing (I know Loki wants to hit the beach though :ghillie:). If not they may end up having a 1st Strike guy step in.

Even if they don't get someone 'til the last minute, being the Axis lead seems to be the easier of the two roles -- as TGE wrote, they start the day w/ the win they just have to hold on, so it's theirs to lose. It's going to be an uphill battle for us (literal & figurative) from the start.
ger

#57 User is offline   bpoydence 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:28 PM

View Postger, on May 15 2009, 12:27 PM, said:

Awesome, have fun... remember to wear sunscreen (in my best mom voice).

I'm sure someone will step up, I haven't heard any chatter as to what organized groups are going to be Axis -- except the possibility of Bio still as I haven't heard if they know what they are doing (I know Loki wants to hit the beach though :dry:). If not they may end up having a 1st Strike guy step in.

Even if they don't get someone 'til the last minute, being the Axis lead seems to be the easier of the two roles -- as TGE wrote, they start the day w/ the win they just have to hold on, so it's theirs to lose. It's going to be an uphill battle for us (literal & figurative) from the start.

Thats funny. I get to be part of the death charges to take ohama beach, that being the case, I really don't want to get hit several thousand times on a sunburn! I'll remember!

It's now, Biohazard, Arc Troopers, Band of Brothers, and Total Resistance will all be running allied at this point. We still have our work cut out for us though! This one is going to be something!

#58 User is offline   Monkey House 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:33 PM

View Postbpoydence, on May 15 2009, 11:28 PM, said:

View Postger, on May 15 2009, 12:27 PM, said:

It's now, Biohazard, Arc Troopers, Band of Brothers, and Total Resistance will all be running allied at this point. We still have our work cut out for us though! This one is going to be something!

Actually the way the game is organized I think the Allies have the best chance to win. Obviously getting off the beach will be terribly difficult but it is inevitable that it will happen and possibly not taking even an hour to do so. From there the Allies the entire day to secure a few more flags. At even strength the advantage goes to the defense but nobody can last forever and given the fact that:

1. Allies will re-spawn 50% more frequently
2. Germans will have limited opportunity to counter attack lost territory
3. The Allied HQ will very close to fresh air/paint
4. The German HQ will initially be quite a long hike from the front line

I'd say an Allied victory is built in depending upon how long it takes for them to get off the beach. Of course this scenario was designed to give the generals a lot to manage so the best organized side will likely win the side mission battles. Considering all of the local teams are Allied with no Axis teams that I'm aware of this has the chance of getting ugly early.

This post has been edited by Monkey House: 15 May 2009 - 10:35 PM

#59 User is offline   bpoydence 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:33 AM

I agree 100% the allies have the best chance, just going to be one you have to work for!

#60 User is offline   Monkey House 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:29 PM

View Postbpoydence, on May 16 2009, 08:33 AM, said:

I agree 100% the allies have the best chance, just going to be one you have to work for!

Oh I get ya. Definitely a grind it out for the 1st half.

This post has been edited by Monkey House: 16 May 2009 - 02:36 PM

Share this topic:

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users