Special Ops Paintball: SPPL Nationals @ Oklahoma D-day October 13-14 - Special Ops Paintball

• (13 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

SPPL Nationals @ Oklahoma D-day October 13-14 Contact me for regristration payment arrangements.

#181 User is offline   Hoot {MWB} 

• Keeper of the Old Code
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:HOOT {MWB}

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:42 PM

Is the final rankings posted anywhere yet? (besides the top 5)
Hoot. Muddy Water Boys. Team Leader
82nd Airborne. 508th CO

"Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory"

www.muddywaterboys.com

#182 User is offline   BigJeeezy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:44 AM

Just wanted to say thanks to every player that made it out to OK. GTF Corps had a great time, and I am very proud of my guys and girl for finishing 4th and only losing to the three teams that placed above us. Cruel was a blast to play, stand up guys, just wish we could have played you on field 1 instead of the low side of field 2. I think it would have been a much tighter game. Smart Corps got us again, and almost the exact same score as the MI qualifier. We are not there yet, but we're working on it. Great Lake Rangers, you guys played your butts off and were just as fun to be around as you were in MI. Socom you guys were a tough team to play and damn if you don't shoot a ton of paint. I know 90% of my team voted for you for SPORTSMANSHIP, you played stand up ball and we would not hesitate to play with you at any game. ***I know this is an edit, but somehow I forgot about Forest Fire Red...great game you guys rock. You played hard and your sportsmanship was outstanding. I believe you got the other 10% of our team's vote for sportsmanship.***

Robert 'Big Jeeezy' Keeling
Captain
GTF Corps Allstars

This post has been edited by BigJeeezy: 17 October 2007 - 09:41 PM

#183 User is offline   Lomarandil 

• SPPL Junkie -- BlackLight Company
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lomarandil

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:47 PM

View PostShoot_the_Tangle, on Oct 16 2007, 09:12 PM, said:

View Postcrueljeff, on Oct 16 2007, 08:09 PM, said:

View PostSgt Hill, on Oct 15 2007, 09:20 PM, said:

View PostLomarandil, on Oct 15 2007, 09:02 PM, said:

View PostPaleRider, on Oct 15 2007, 07:46 PM, said:

Greatest quote came from an exsaperated commader after a watching 8 of his players get eliminated by rockets over a 20 minute period.
"Would some one please take out that damn rocket laucher!!!"

That wouldn't happen to be Jeff from Cruel, would it ;)

hehehehehehe... That would be just tooo funny.. deja vu?
Lo

I might have been. Grifter was holed up near the swing and shot all 10 of his rockets at Cruel players getting alot of kills. I don't know the exact number but it felt like 100.

YES...YES...YES. It was me who said such a quote. What FUN!!

yes, This was a very frustrating game for us at the Swing base.. My favorite moment of this tournament came in this game, when I saw the rocket guy calling his shot on my bunker and I hauled butt outta there just as he shot. I felt very lucky. haha Very fun weekend!!!

Exactly! I was doing this against ForestFire at the qual... I'd see that rocket launcher poke out and haul booty to another bunker... worked a couple of times.. then he started catching on... doh!
Lo

#184 User is offline   Buckfrenzy 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Buckfrenzy

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:30 PM

If we had been playing Halo, the rocket guy for Wetworkz would have had three or four double kill medals by the end of that game...

I had a blast. Playing Smart Parts in the final was extremely fun , and I was pretty motivated by the fact that we actually gave them a game of it for a while. I met a few of the guys on the team on Saturday morning, so I honestly didn't see things going as well as they did. :laugh:

I love this format of paintball. Hopefully we can keep the league growing and see it live up to it's enormous potential. Great job done by all the guys running the tournament. I hope to see all the teams and players that I met this year again next season.
Proud member of Shogun PSP and Jolly Green.
JOLLY GREEN
BUY MY PUMP

#185 User is offline   Sean@Smartparts 

• Smart Parts - Director of Promotions and Public Relations
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:sean@smartparts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:41 AM

Smart Corps Wins SPPL 2007

The Smart Corps Factory Team has earned the rank of Scenario Players Paintball League Champions for the second consecutive season.

Loyalhanna, PA – October 17, 2007 – Just completing its third season of competition with finals in Wyandotte, OK, the Scenario Player's Paintball League has become the premiere battleground for paintball teams to test their mettle in a scenario style competition.

The SPPL game format involves hour long games with teams fighting for control of not one flag, but of three bases. Additional objectives can be captured which can give teams a tactical advantage by instantly resurrecting eliminated players, calling in airstrikes or obtaining intelligence via the referees.

The Smart Corps Factory Team, consisting of employees working in Smart Parts' Pennsylvania office and factory, has not only risen to the top in the SPPL, they have had a great time doing it.

While several team members have played tournament paintball in years gone by – when big national tournaments were still played in the woods – most of their games today, consist of taking a break for some walk-on games at the All-American Paintball Park.

“You have to realize that we play the SPPL because we love the woods, love the format, love the stand up play, and love the sportsmanship,” said team member Sean Scott, a Smart Parts dealer sales representative. “We are pretty much rec ball players, since the only competitive league we play in is the SPPL,” Scott continued, noting that the team has seen their participation in the league as a chance to help grow the teams they have been playing alongside. “This year, the day before the finals, Smart Corps member Darryl Trent put on a free player's clinic where were more than sixty players players received tips and guidance to improve their playing skills.”

The SPPL finals also served as a trial by fire for Smart Parts new SP-1 Tactical Marker. Smart Parts president Bill Gardner, Jr. found it no surprise that the new marker was up to the task.

“If you look at what the winning teams are shooting in professional tournaments, you'll find Smart Parts markers more than any other brand. I'm excited to say that our new SP-1 has become a part of that tradition.”

The compact milsim-oriented electropneumatic paintball marker will have its official public debut at the 2007 PSP Paintball World Cup.

Smart Parts, Inc., is a leading developer and manufacturer of equipment and accessories for the sport of paintball. For more information, visit www.SmartParts.com.
http://smartcorps.smartparts.com
sscott@smartparts.com

Captain of Smart Corps Factory Team

#186 User is offline   Sean@Smartparts 

• Smart Parts - Director of Promotions and Public Relations
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:sean@smartparts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 07:46 AM

I personally would like to thank Jayson, The D-Day staff and Refs, Cafe D-Day for having food available, and the air guys. The play was awesome and I loved the layout of the fields with the change up on the Swing Base. We hated the rocks.. but thankfully none of us were hurt. Just have to remember to always tape your ankles! To all the people that were injured, I wish you guys well for a speedy recovery. The Sportsmanship in the SPPL is SECOND TO NONE! That is one of the reasons we play. Also for the finals, we did not have 1 single pro on the roster since they were all in Paris playing the Millenium Series. We had some great games over the weekend and enjoyed testing out the new guns. They truly did shoot amazing. We hope to see you all next year. I look forward to what Jayson has cooked up for us all next year.
http://smartcorps.smartparts.com
sscott@smartparts.com

Captain of Smart Corps Factory Team

#187 User is offline   skiddz1706 

• Skiddz
  • PipPip

Posted 18 October 2007 - 08:32 AM

you guys did great sean and to have attained the championship twice really shows that you guys are truly some of the best woodsballers out there.

Glad to have helped your team and every other team in their finals games get ready.
user posted image

Light Rifleman -| S.T.A.R.S.|- Scenario Team
-| S.T.A.R.S. |- Scenario paintball website

#188 User is offline   alex45 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 21 July 2008 - 07:54 AM

Hey... there...
I'm new to this community...
Could you please tell me the registering process and schedules...?

I believe I'll get answer.

Thanks,

=============
AleX

Addiction Recovery Oklahoma

#189 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:20 PM

http://www.playsppl.com