• You cannot reply to this topic

Air tank and stock? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ctm 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:05 PM

hi

Im considering make my 98 custom look like a m4 or something like that, but is it stupid to use when i get the stock on and the tank is under? I vant find any pics of guns with stock and tank on ar the same picture. And is it possible to sight when i get the stock on?

#2 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:50 PM

You can always go remote. A remote is a long coiled pressure-ready hose that leads from the threads for the air tank on your marker to the air tank itself. You can then relocate the air tank to a pouch on your belt or even on the back of a vest. This way, the tank is virtually off of the marker's body, making it look a little more authentic.

To sight with a stock, I suggest a sight riser/rail. It will raise your scope or red dot at least another inch off the marker's body, allowing you to rest your mask against the stock and still use the sight. Without it, however, you gotta tilt your head at a virtual 90 degree angle to even come close to using your sight with a stock. Sometimes that won't even work. Get a sight riser and you won't be disappointed.

A note about remotes- These coils come in variants, some can handle 3000psi, some handle 4500psi. Make sure you buy the appropriate one for your air tank.

did I die for a second there?...

#3 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

If you want it to look like an M4, the cheapest solution is to purchase an Alpha Black Tactical. Putting all those mods on the 98 would get stupidly expensive.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 03 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#4 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:37 PM

View PostTREE FITTY, on Aug 3 2008, 09:50 PM, said:

A note about remotes- These coils come in variants, some can handle 3000psi, some handle 4500psi. Make sure you buy the appropriate one for your air tank.

All you need is a remote rated for 3K PSI. HPA tanks are regged and output less than 1000 PSI, and CO2 tanks have a 3K burst disk, so no tank should ever output more than 3000 PSI.

Also, I have never seen the hose rating listed in a listing for remotes. The only way to find out is to look on the printing on the hose itself.

This post has been edited by slowerpig81: 07 August 2008 - 10:39 PM

#5 User is offline   Ctm 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:07 PM

Okay. Im thinking going remote, that looks nice. ;) Thanks for the help guys

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic