My pet peeves. for newbies and not so newbies Rate Topic: ***** 2 Votes

#31 User is offline   T-Rex 

• 68 Kaliber Killer Sabre
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:T-Rex

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:43 PM

View Postgibson0822, on Jun 24 2007, 09:14 PM, said:

If you go to play with a friend and use their equipment, be considerate and clean the gear afterwards. I've had it happen to me and it gets real annoying when your friend uses your gear and when you all go home, you're the one stuck cleaning it all. If you don't know how to disassemble the marker that's fine but at least wipe down the entire marker and make sure any other gear of theirs is clean of paint before returning the equipment.

Yes! I let this kid use one of my masks and he let some kid shoot him from point blanc in the face 200 times!-He wouldn't clean it; he wouldn't pay for a new lens(if you get shot from under 10 feet you are supposed to replace it)-this has happened twice(not as many face shots). plus he thinks he is really good; he has played 5 games and been out every game and got 2 kills.

View PostZombieAtak, on Jun 29 2007, 07:21 AM, said:

View PostHannabel, on Jun 29 2007, 01:26 AM, said:

My paintball pet peeve is those people who freak out if the get shot more than once. You are playing a game which is centered solely around shoot/be shot EXPECT TO BE SHOT. I mean sure completely liting someone up isn't cool and/or necessary but people usually fire in volleys of two or three rounds, don't flip out if you get hit more than once!

On the same note, if you get hit, get the heck out of there! If I see you keep popping your head up with no indication that you are, in fact, out, I'm going to assume you are playing on and i'm going to keep shooting. Let everyone know that you're out, yell, wave your hands in the air, people will give you a second to get out of the way.

Also, people who get mad when they get hit with stray shots while leaving the feild. It happens, it wasn't intentional. It would happen less if you didn't just waltz through the middle a 20 man firefight.

Another thing, I know not all newbies carry a squeegie on the feild, in fact almost none do, but if we are in a bunker and I lend you my squeegie to clean out your barrel, please, hand it back to me, meaning put it in my hand. Don't say thanks, then toss it in the dirt while you go back to making barrel soup.

Some short advice for the new players that will keep the vets from being annoyed with you. Most is just common sense.

1. Say please and thank you.
2. If you don't own it, don't touch it.
3. If you borrow it, take better care of it than you would if you owned it.
4. If you should borrow something, be prepared to pay for it if you break it.
5. Don't ask dumb questions that you'd already know the answer to if you read the rules. Like, "Can we use full-auto?"
6. If a vet takes you under their wing, as many of us do, pay attention, you will learn something.
7. Don't pick up paintballs off of the ground and put them in a borrowed/rental marker. Even if you just dropped them.
8. Bring your own water.
9. Don't EVER give someone lip for telling you to get your mask on. They are telling you for your own good.
10. For pete's sake, bring enough money to cover yourself. We work hard for our cash and we like to help people, but it aint a charity.
11. At the risk of angering some people here: Please don't say something like, "I'm the Sniper" and hang out in the back of the feild waiting for someone to wander your way.
12. If you are just starting out, leave the planning to the experienced players. Chances are your plan won't work and they know this because they have tried it before.
13. Read the instruction manual for your marker before you start fiddling with it. I have spent too many games sitting out because some kid didn't read the manual, didn't oil his marker, and now all the O-rings are shot.
14. In regards to #13, if we are fixing your stuff, don't ask to borrow ours so you can go play while we sit out and work on your stuff for free.
15. If someone gives you a pod of paint because you're empty in a game, find them in the staging area or before the next game and return the pod, with paint to cover the ammo that you borrowed. Paint isn't cheap.
16. Dead men don't talk, except to other dead men.
17. If you are new, and you're talking and no one else is, you are talking too much.
18. Do not mouth off to the reffs, no matter how wrong you think they are. This makes you look like a brat/jerk/sore loser.
19. Teammates do not like to be shot in the back of the head, check your targets.
20. Calm down. Calm down. Calm down.
21. Do not wipe, EVER. We HATE cheaters with a passion.

NUMBER 4
I Have No Signature
OFFICIAL Sabre #56!
LET BEAR THE FURY OF THE WOODS!!!
If you are a christian paintballer add this to your signature
Too much mercy will weigh you down
If We can't do it it doesn't need to be done!

#32 User is offline   maverick33 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:the gunner16

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:52 PM

Here is my 2 cents, Dont hang back and expect your teammate to do all the work for you get to the frontlines and use your gun. I was playing on july 1st in new hampshire and there were me and my 4 friends defending a castle from about 20-25 people and one of my friends sits in the back of the castle and watches the for of us get overwhelmed while he sits there and watches.

#33 User is offline   The Unseen Soldier 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:The Unseen Soldier

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:18 AM

I have to say my top 10 pet peeves are,
1. Wiping. Cheaters never prosper, they get kicked out. (or lit up next time lol)
2. Excessive swearing. you don't have to let off 10 swear words just because you got lit up.
3. Hiding all the way in the far back of the field. (unless its like your 1st time I can understand that)
4. People "borrowing" your equipment and not giving it back.
5. People who are total jerks to the refs and everyone around them. it just makes everyone feel angry or irritated.
6. people who don't keep their mask down on the field. (not mad at them, just don't want to see their eye shot out)
7. people who give bad orders and everyone dies (once again not mad, but would like a more experienced strategist to give orders)
8. when my gun jams (I need a better electronic hopper)
9. Refs who are lazy (not many, but there were some at the last place I was at)
10. Wiping. (DO NOT DO IT!!!)
From the darkness we strike, fast and lethal. And by the time our foes can react... Darkness there and nothing more.

If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done!!!

#34 User is offline   krewboy03 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:krewboy03

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:41 AM

Hey guys, this thread is great! I've played a lot of casual, backyard games (I'm fortunate enough to live on 7 acres of woodland) but will be attending my first actual "event" soon, a charity event for the Make A Wish foundation. Some stuff on here I wouldn't have thought of.

I have just one remaining question. How much do you usually spend in a day, not counting registration fees?
Christian Paintballer
1 Timothy 6:12
"Be fighting the good fight of the faith; take for yourself the life eternal, for which you were marked out, and of which you gave witness in the eyes of all."

#35 User is offline   The Unseen Soldier 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:The Unseen Soldier

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:18 PM

Depends on the feild but most i have been to are a 15.00 field fee and 5.00 for all day air, and if i don't have any paint me and my buddies all pitch in 50.00 to get a case of paint and since there is 4 of us thats about 12.50 each person. my total is about 32.50 when i am with my buddies.
From the darkness we strike, fast and lethal. And by the time our foes can react... Darkness there and nothing more.

If we can't do it, it doesn't need to be done!!!

#36 User is offline   BEBO 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BEBO7154

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:02 PM

thanks guys keep up the good post it helps :happy:

#37 User is offline   Satan Von Chaos 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Satan Von Chaos

Post icon  Posted 20 July 2007 - 03:17 PM

View Postphantom pumper, on Jun 24 2007, 03:40 PM, said:

One of my pet peeves...

People walking up to your gear and using it without permission.

I had a guy walk up to me when I was holding my gun and grab it RIGHT OUT OF MY HANDS AND STARTED WALKING AWAY!!! I asked him nicely why he did it and he said he wanted to try my gun, but said it in a cocky voice. So I said you can ask me if you want to use it but considering you rudeness I am saying no before you even ask. So he runs over and tells his dad I won't let him use my gun, and his dad asks me and I said no (because the game was starting and I didn't feel like using a rental and hes rude) and the dad spazzes, and tells the manager (at this point I'm PERTURBED because they drag me out of the game, causeing us to loose). So I nicely explain that it was my gun and explained the senario, and then the guy was warned not to do it again or hes kicked out, so be spazzes again and gets kicked out.

All due respect, any one snatches anything from my hands is view by me as a sign of assault, thus giving me permission to knock some teeth out. A bit much I understand and I'm working on it (temper-wise). But hey, who told you to be putting your mitts on me anyway?

Other then that, its about respect. You're in a field with loaded and potentially deadly weapons, the last thing you want to do is TINKLE off the wrong person. Dig? The dad spazzing out however dictates the reason for the kids actions...maybe HE needed a time out.
SATAN VON CHAOS

Oh yes, leave whatever soul you have left in the field man, I'll be collecting it along with your pride.

#38 User is offline   Darkstar1117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SpeedSabre

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:42 PM

Great stuff dude. I hate it when i get to a field and in 5 minutes all my stuff is gone because everyone needs to borrow it. Right on.

#39 User is offline   Sp.Ed 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2007 - 01:08 PM

View PostSatan Von Chaos, on Jul 20 2007, 06:17 PM, said:

Other then that, its about respect. You're in a field with loaded and potentially deadly weapons, the last thing you want to do is TINKLE off the wrong person. Dig? The dad spazzing out however dictates the reason for the kids actions...maybe HE needed a time out.

You are absolutely right it is all about respect!

Respect for the game! That means play with integrity.
Respect for the players! That means Golden rule applies.
Respect for the equipment! Wether its yours or not treat it right.
Respect for yourselves! Act in a responsible manner.

Your actions now will affect the future of this game!
The opinions and statements expressed on this site are mine alone and are not sanctioned or approved by my Employer. I also assume all legal liability for those statements.

#40 User is offline   H3 Proto 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2007 - 04:13 PM

View Postkrewboy03, on Jul 20 2007, 07:41 AM, said:

I have just one remaining question. How much do you usually spend in a day, not counting registration fees?

Exactly $51.

Season pass get me in free, $6 air, $45 for a case of Midnight.

-Warrior

#41 User is offline   Darkstar1117 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SpeedSabre

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:23 PM

1.Show up to the field early.

2.dont borrow everyone elses stuff. get your own. no money? get a job, hippie.

3.safety first. dont be a butt hole and shoot people without a mask

4.AIM! dont spray and pray. aim at your target. you might shoot 98bps, but if u cant hit the broad side of a barn its no use.

5.keep your arms and legs tucked in. people can shoot your flailing appendages.

6.move. dont stay still behind your little bunker, evenntually the enemy will find you, walk up and shoot you. keep moving and the enemy will have no freakin idea where u are.

#42 User is offline   Xgrunt2 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Xgrunt2

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:12 PM

When a player is walking off the field, with Barrel Condom on, hands in the air, he's out don't shoot him for fun..........it's not!
Xgrunt2
USMC - 1981 to 1991
USNR - 2003 to Present

#43 User is offline   A5117 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:54 AM

View PostThe Unseen Soldier, on Jul 19 2007, 10:18 AM, said:

I have to say my top 10 pet peeves are,
1. Wiping. Cheaters never prosper, they get kicked out. (or lit up next time lol)
2. Excessive swearing. you don't have to let off 10 swear words just because you got lit up.
3. Hiding all the way in the far back of the field. (unless its like your 1st time I can understand that)
4. People "borrowing" your equipment and not giving it back.
5. People who are total jerks to the refs and everyone around them. it just makes everyone feel angry or irritated.
6. people who don't keep their mask down on the field. (not mad at them, just don't want to see their eye shot out)
7. people who give bad orders and everyone dies (once again not mad, but would like a more experienced strategist to give orders)
8. when my gun jams (I need a better electronic hopper)
9. Refs who are lazy (not many, but there were some at the last place I was at)
10. Wiping. (DO NOT DO IT!!!)

Number 7.
The last night game i played i got an order (which in retrospect seems completly ludacris but i dont really question what im told to do at the time) to take two guys and charge a bunker shrouded in trees at night uphill. I got hit in the neck, luckily it didnt break, but nonethelless..

Also, i dont like the new players who dont hide but go to the other extreme and Rambo their way 10 yards and get annihilated. just move with the force.

#44 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 29 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

One thing that really bugs me is when players shoot their markers just to shoot. I can understand one or two shots at the ground just before the game starts. I can also understand people who are giving cover fire. What I don't understand is why players feel they need to shoot 10 or more rounds before the start of the game. Especially ones who do not carry a pod pack.

Another thing I noticed is that some players will shoot a few rounds every few feet at a scenario game. There is nothing to shoot at and yet they are shooting. Again these are players without a pod pack and a small air tank. They always run out of paint and/or air right in the middle of a firefight.

No matter how many times you tell them why they run out of paint/air they won;t listen.

#45 User is offline   knitemare 

• Baller for Christ, the real sin savior
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:knitemare

Posted 31 July 2007 - 01:45 PM

View PostZombieAtak, on Jun 29 2007, 09:21 AM, said:

21. Do not wipe, EVER. We HATE cheaters with a passion.

hate isn a strong enough word,

mine is kids who brag and brag for hours about how good they are then get lit up by a first timer
I am a Christian Baller
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!!

Addicted To Facebook Member #1

Share this topic:

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users