#1 User is offline   SN toter 

• Yes, I had a Super Nova
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SN TOTER

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:52 PM

Attached File  apache.jpg (152.35K)
Number of downloads: 3

The Ricochet Apache is the lightest of all the super fast loaders weighing in at only 16oz with batteries.

Features:

Capacity: 190 paintballs and is rated 17-20 balls per second
Spring loaded clear lid
EZ View windows on both sides
EZ load battery magazine
Auto shut off after 20 minutes
Low battery indicator
Uses two 9 volt batteries (not included)
The Apache is the only high-speed loader that will still function as a gravity feed hopper in the event of a dead battery situation or malfunction.

Just wanted to post some thoughts on the Riccochet Apache LED hopper. I used to use one with an Ion when they first came out and I played a lot of speedball at AAPP. I just bought a few in a bulk order and am keeping one for use on my G3.

Materials/Craftmanship - The Apache is very well constructed and made of a durable composite. The molding lines are very clean and and on this particular model, the camo imprint, color is very nice and crisp.

Ease of Use - I prefer the LED model to the LCD as I do not need all the bells and whistles and game timers, ect... There is one button to push to turn it one and off. easy as pie, nuff said.

Looks - I like em, you may hate em. They are very angular and a little on the tall side, but are also thinner than a lot of other hoppers. This is purely based on preference

Feed - The Apache feeds very nice and consistantly while the hooper is full. As it gets down to about 20 or less balls though is slows down a little. I did a pod test and linked it below, it emptied 140 rounds in 8 seconds feeding at an average rate of 17.5 bps - so Riccochets claim of 17-20 bps is pretty accurate. It'll keep up with all legal ramping modes and what 95% of us can do in Semi automatic.

Overall - It's faster than an Egg and slower than a Vlocity. It's lighter than most all other hoppers I've ever used. It's fairly tall, but also pretty thin. Easy to use and has a nice ball count(190 rounds). I like several hoppers on the market(including Eggs and Halos), and the Apache is one of them. It's an overall good, quality hopper.

Youtube pod speed test:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VbbB_czxzJI

This post has been edited by SN toter: 15 November 2008 - 04:53 PM

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:26 PM

A good and honest review.

I've got the LCD version and while I'll admit I don't need or use the timer, I must say it's been a pretty decent hopper. I also have an AK which I really liked until I got my first electric marker, then it just wasn't fast enough as it only feeds 10 or 11BPS.

#3 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 November 2008 - 08:26 PM

A good and honest review.

I've got the LCD version and while I'll admit I don't need or use the timer, I must say it's been a pretty decent hopper. I also have an AK which I really liked until I got my first electric marker, then it just wasn't fast enough as it only feeds 10 or 11BPS.

Edit.

Nooo, I double posted.

This post has been edited by Weigel21: 15 November 2008 - 08:48 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users