• You cannot reply to this topic

San Diego Paintballers where y'all at? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:alexspawn3000

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:42 AM

I am in the US Navy, stationed here in San Diego. I haven't played in 2-3 years due to being busy and deployments, but I'm ready to get back out there soon. I need to clean up my gear and buy a few things.

Anybody play in the Miramar, camp Pendleton fields? Camp Pendleton is about an hour away, Miramar is closer for me. I have several guys i work with that are new and want to get into some good woodsball/scenario ball. I am a several year player (since about 2005) and I love to have a good time on the field.

Any decent teams out here? we might be forming our own team, but i would love to find some people to meet up with.

let me know,

AleX
Posted Image
"The gun doesn't MAKE the player, it ENHANCES the player!"
~AleX~

#2 User is offline   Gadget Soldier 

• SoCal Event Poster
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gadget Soldier

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:04 PM

View Postalexspawn3000, on 03 July 2011 - 06:42 AM, said:

I am in the US Navy, stationed here in San Diego. I haven't played in 2-3 years due to being busy and deployments, but I'm ready to get back out there soon. I need to clean up my gear and buy a few things.

Anybody play in the Miramar, camp Pendleton fields? Camp Pendleton is about an hour away, Miramar is closer for me. I have several guys i work with that are new and want to get into some good woodsball/scenario ball. I am a several year player (since about 2005) and I love to have a good time on the field.

Any decent teams out here? we might be forming our own team, but i would love to find some people to meet up with.

let me know,

AleX

Hey Alex, first of all, thank you for your service to our country!

I can tell you that there are a few scenario teams that call the San Diego area home:

SoCal Ghosts: www.socalghosts.com

SoCal Outlaws: no website ... that I know of, but they make paintball4all.com their home.

Independent Contractors have players that are located in the San Diego area, they don't have a website as well, but you can find them on facebook and myspace.

Lakeside Mercs: they also don't have a website, but have a presence on facebook as well.

I know that it is just under 2 months away, have you considered going to the Decay of Nations scenario in late August. The majority of the scenario teams in Southern California will be there for the weekend.
Posted Image
South Western Scenario Forum: http://www.paintball4all.com
Team Knuckle Draggerz proudly sponsored by:
Paintballphotography.com / Paintball Gateway Online Store / Tippmannparts.com / Pinokio Hoppers

#3 User is offline   sapper96 

• 1371 combat engineer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sapper96

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

Team Outlaw is based in el cajon and we have a member in riverside were usually at velocity in ramona but we play anywhere as long as the game sounds like fun and we can afford to make it Were all about Having fun and playing with honor you can find us on paintball4all.com as well as pm us here for more info.
Captain of Team Outlaw a San Diego, california based scenario team

#4 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for the info guys,

I am more specifically in Lakeside.

No, I haven't heard of that scenario, but I will check it out.

I have about 7-8+ sailors i work with looknig to get into paintball. Being a 6 year player, I am doing the research and trying to build somewhat of a team with everyone. We have enough to make a squad. Currently I have 2 guys that like to be up front, "daggers" and the rest are thinking "saber". I personally love to run around in my ghillie suit, but I can play anything. I'm working on gettign a broadsword setup so I can hang back and let the newer guys get in the action.

I want to get a Miramar game going maybe next month. I have to see how everyone's duty rotation is looking.

Right now I am cleaning and oiling my guns and getting all my gear ready. I need new CO2 tanks, and a few things for my setup.
Posted Image
~AleX~

#5 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

Oh wow,

The Giant paintball LAkeside is 12 miles north of me, that looks like where I will be playing :). I had no idea it was there!
Posted Image
~AleX~

#6 User is offline   Gadget Soldier 

• SoCal Event Poster
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:33 AM

View Postalexspawn3000, on 05 July 2011 - 04:35 PM, said:

No, I haven't heard of that scenario, but I will check it out.

I have about 7-8+ sailors i work with looking to get into paintball. Being a 6 year player, I am doing the research and trying to build somewhat of a team with everyone. We have enough to make a squad. Currently I have 2 guys that like to be up front, "daggers" and the rest are thinking "saber". I personally love to run around in my ghillie suit, but I can play anything. I'm working on gettign a broadsword setup so I can hang back and let the newer guys get in the action.

Well if your fellow sailors like paintball enough, you could encourage them to also give Decay a try. 2 days of paintball in one of the largest parks in Southern California. Plus, Giant Paintball is running a program for groups that have 7+ players. Just give them a call and they will give you more details on it.

And just to help you out, here is the thread I posted in this forum: http://forum.special...howtopic=184657
Posted Image
Paintballphotography.com / Paintball Gateway Online Store / Tippmannparts.com / Pinokio Hoppers

#7 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

Thanks Gadget,

I have a bunch of guys interested right now, but they are all gearless and have yet to taste any paintball action. I am going to plan a game next Saturday at GIANT Lakeside to get the guys hooked on phonics! I know it will only take 1 game to get them going.

I am doing all the research on different gun packages for them, and it looks like everyone is going to be buying some Alpha Black markers. A few are looking at project Salvo as well.

I Told a few of them about the Big game and how it will be over 1,000 players, and their eyes lit up! O.o! The biggest game i have attended was roughly 420+ players in Agate, Colorado. Hosted by Fledgling Scenarios. If you were there, i was the guy who won the TAC8 in the pistol tourny. 1st place out of 36 players.

Gosh i want to play so bad! I've been getting my gear ready, and i have to tell you, i am anxious to get out there!
Posted Image
~AleX~

#8 User is offline   Gadget Soldier 

• SoCal Event Poster
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:00 AM

View Postalexspawn3000, on 06 July 2011 - 04:37 PM, said:

Thanks Gadget,

I have a bunch of guys interested right now, but they are all gearless and have yet to taste any paintball action. I am going to plan a game next Saturday at GIANT Lakeside to get the guys hooked on phonics! I know it will only take 1 game to get them going.

I am doing all the research on different gun packages for them, and it looks like everyone is going to be buying some Alpha Black markers. A few are looking at project Salvo as well.

I Told a few of them about the Big game and how it will be over 1,000 players, and their eyes lit up! O.o! The biggest game i have attended was roughly 420+ players in Agate, Colorado. Hosted by Fledgling Scenarios. If you were there, i was the guy who won the TAC8 in the pistol tourny. 1st place out of 36 players.

Gosh i want to play so bad! I've been getting my gear ready, and i have to tell you, i am anxious to get out there!

No problem Alex, it's great to hear that they are really interested in playing and I hope that when you take them to the private at Lakeside, that they will enjoy it because it's paintball. Quite honestly, I wish I could join you, but I have plans that weekend :( (yes I saw the separate thread invite)

I do want to say congrats on winning the Tac8 and I know this year at Decay, there is a sharpshooter contest.

Here is what is posted on www.decayofnations.com:

Tiberius Arms First Strike Accuracy Contest

When: Saturday, August 27th
Entry: $10 per player
Format: Solo Competition

Details: Think you got the best shot on the West Coast? Prove it during the Tiberius Arms First Strike Accuracy Contest. Use the provided specially customized sniper rifle with First Strike rounds and try for the top score in our target gallery shootout.

Last year, the winner won a T9.1 :)

Anyways, if you get a team together and play Decay, regardless of which side you are on, stop by and say hello!
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

Sorry to hear you are busy that weekend. I happen to not have duty t hat weekend, and i really want to get out there ASAP. I am busy this weekend, so i chose next. We will def be playing at least 1/month if not twice or more. We will see how it goes.

I am going to try to make Decay Of Nations, but can't make any promises. It is only about 2 hours north of here, so yeah. We shall see.

Well let me know if your organizign anything locally.

Alex
Posted Image
~AleX~

#10 User is offline   Gadget Soldier 

• SoCal Event Poster
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:39 AM

View Postalexspawn3000, on 07 July 2011 - 06:54 PM, said:

Sorry to hear you are busy that weekend. I happen to not have duty t hat weekend, and i really want to get out there ASAP. I am busy this weekend, so i chose next. We will def be playing at least 1/month if not twice or more. We will see how it goes.

I am going to try to make Decay Of Nations, but can't make any promises. It is only about 2 hours north of here, so yeah. We shall see.

Well let me know if your organizign anything locally.

Alex

It's all good Alex, I normally play once a month if anything, but it's more like a big game or scenario that is put on by either the Giant Paintball parks or the ones in Jungle Island. I have heard that there will be a scenario at Giant Lakeside later this year (not entirely sure when, but will post up when I find out) and one at Giant Alpine early next year, so more than likely I will be there.

But then again, those fields are a 2 hour plus drive for me as well! lol Local to me is like the LA/Orange County area and SC Village is like a 30-40 min drive for me.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   alexspawn3000 

• †defender of mankind†
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:10 PM

Yeah. A 2 hour drive is a bit far for some recball. Giant lakeside is close for me. Im trying to see if I can make decay of nations. Gotta look up my schedule.
Posted Image
~AleX~

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users