• You cannot reply to this topic

Chronograph? Mabye im just crazy but...

#61 User is offline   Wimpy 

• I make stuff up... don't listen.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Wimpy

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:38 AM

First of all, congrats on taking the initiative to get a chrono. I'm afraid there are alot of outlaw games going on out there that are unsafe. Secondly, if you've got the chrono, you might as well use it. Tell your friends to suck it up or go home.

#62 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:17 PM

one of my friends had a 98cp with a modded drivespring, it shot realy fast needless to say. ive seen welts that are permanent from people being shot with it. chrono your marker

#63 User is offline   streetsk8r1119 

• whenever you're out of ammo, just jump around like a maniac&
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:none?

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:13 PM

just tell them if they dont chrono they dont play.... or just tell them to shoot themselves in the foot and if it hurts their velocity is too high.. either that or they chrono... no excuses........ i wasnt serious about the second one

#64 User is offline   thebostinian 

• SOFA Favorite Member Title 2009
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thebostinian

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:18 PM

unfortunately, the outlaw guys i play with don't own a chrono, we're all too poor to get one. instead, we use an old school method: pie pans (the aluminum ones). hold the gun to the pie pan, if your gun punctures the pan, you're hot. also, there's a few guys we've got (including me) who can generally tell from sound if a guy's shooting hot.

as for the fingers breaking thing, i didn't know that, but it makes sense. and considering how often i get hit in the hand, i think i'm gonna make the guys spring for one after all.

"Yeah, but a thread that started out as borderline weird and creepy to begin with has now taken a left turn into 'Deliverance." - Violator
Don't try to pronounce the second "o". Instead, try realize the truth: there is no second "o"

#65 User is offline   T-Rex 

• 68 Kaliber Killer Sabre
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Rex

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:56 AM

View Postwoodsballrules, on Dec 14 2006, 04:10 PM, said:

Yes, I bought the chrono...but they refuse to use it. We have a practice/game saturday so Im gonna make them chrono.

NO CHRONO NO PLAY It's as easy as that

Plus It only takes about a minute
Fire 'Twist' Fire 'Twist' "Thank you ref"
I Have No Signature
OFFICIAL Sabre #56!
LET BEAR THE FURY OF THE WOODS!!!
If you are a christian paintballer add this to your signature
Too much mercy will weigh you down
If We can't do it it doesn't need to be done!

#66 User is offline   Hannabel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:51 PM

Simply tell the guys that it only takes 5 pounds of pressure to pop a testicle (thats right, I said POP, as in, balloon :P ) a hit with a "hot" ball pretty much ensures major pain.

Simply tell them, no chrono, no play, and if they still refuse, tell them to put their mask on and shoot 'em where the sun don't shine (KIDDING)

#67 User is offline   TylerSniper 

• Paintball Coward
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CAT BONE

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:45 PM

PLEASE ANSWER THIS

Sorry just didn't want to make a new thread for this.
I play with FAMILY, we all have never touched our velocity.
We've played twice, we also have never chronoed.
We play normally just with kids, like I said family and by kids I mean 8-9 year old kids, and they don't mind it.
I havn't really thought anything was really bad of a shot though.
We all wear face protection AT ALL TIMES, taking your helmet out is an out for the whole day.
But can not chorning be that bad for us?
We also wear excessive gear (well, like 3-4 layers)
From what I'm reading I'm worried about my hands, that they will break, but these shots don't really hurt.
I would love a chrono but I don't have one, and I pay for my own paintball gear, and don't have the money for this, but maybe If I show them 1-I's medical folder they will get one, but lets say we have a match on saturday which we do, well is it ok for that one day?
I can probably tell them to get a chrono for their sake and mine, after that match.
But anyway, is it safe for that saturday?
"Paintball in the Olympics? F*** no but if it was I'd watch."

#68 User is offline   Flyboy10 

• Oh, I'm Sorry Did I Shoot You?
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Flyboy10

Posted 30 July 2007 - 09:01 PM

I was thinking about getting one but i dont think my pro shop sells them so what do they run for?
End Of Silence Scenario Paintball Squadron: Commander
Christian baller for life!!!!

#69 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:19 AM

normally ~$70.......but it's the best and SAFEST way to enjoy the sport.

Look at it this way:

How bad you wanna feel for the rest of your life...blinding someone for the rest of THEIR life - if you blast through a lense because you didn't get one?
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#70 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:36 PM

It is a good idea to use a chrono of course. But you can usually tell if the velocity of your marker is too high. We usually take a few test shots and compare our markers to one that we know is in check. After you have been playing for three years, you will have watched enough people chrono to be able to tell the difference between 200, 300, and 400 fps.

I write down numbers for everything. I even have a dwell/recharge:ROF chart in my toolbox for on-the-go ROF changes. Every once in a while, I check my velocity, input pressure, temprature, and PSI in my tank and scribble down the numbers on a sheet of paper. I record it a few times on a paintball day and save the sheet of paper. I know that velocity changes constantly, but this way I have an approximate guess for when I am at home changing my velocity. The numbers usually don't change by more than +/-5 fps between two recording dates, and I record about once every six weeks.

See, Ions are consistent even in the long run! :P

#71 User is offline   esperto96 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:esperto96

Posted 02 August 2007 - 12:07 PM

I had an idea to help with the disinterest to chrongraphing. Tell everyone they can set their marker to whatever they want. Then stand in a circle, make everyone pass their gun to the person to their left. Everyone shoot the guy standing to your right at point blank range. If you don't want to be shot with your own gun, chances are nobody else wants to either.

Seriously though, Chronographs hardly cost more than a case of paint. If you can afford a 200 dollar gun, mask, electronic hopper, air or co2 tank, you have no excuse to not pay the little bit extra for a chronograph. Get the chrono before you get the halo. Get the chrono before you upgrade the barrel. Mask and Chronograph should be the highest priority items in your gearbag. Even before the gun itself.

If your friends refuse to chrono, then don't play with them. Safety is too important. 1-Is medical folder, finger bones breaking, masks breaking, and nut shots are all good enough reasons to chrono to safe limits. Whenever I play with new people who don't follow safety rules, I try to educate them and if no improvement happens, I leave and avoid playing with them again. I don't want to be involved in an "incident" that tarnishes our fine sport. I especially don't want to be the one with the broken bones or lost eyesight from the "incident".

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users