• This topic is locked

Cinema You know, movies.

#1 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:21 PM

A friend of mine asked me about an up coming theatrical release, the name of which had slipped his mind. It was one of those, "It has that guy from that other movie where he did that thing" things.... I hate them.

So I take a peek at one of my favorite sites and look for titles I think he'd watch. The two that caught his interest were Iron Man 2 and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (no accounting for some tastes).

But I did notice quite a few movies that I'm now looking forward too.

May 7 - Iron Man 2

May 28 - George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (previews look good anyway)

June 11 - The A-Team (sadly, no Mr. T)

June 18 - Jonah Hex

July 2 - the Last Air Bender

July 7 - Predators

Sept 10 - Resident Evil: Afterlife 3-D

Nov 24 - Red Dawn (Yup, it's a remake)

Dec 17 - Tron: Legacy

Dec 22 - The Green Hornet

May 6 - Thor

May 20 - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

June 17 - Green Lantern

July 1 - Transformers 3

July 22 - Captain America

Sept 23 - Underworld 4

and some time in December The Hobbit

Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Anything you're looking forward too?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#2 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 13 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Apr 13 2010, 08:21 PM, said:

May 7 - Iron Man 2 - YES

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (previews look good anyway) - Hopefully it's good. The concept behind it is cool. I never played the game though.

June 11 - The A-Team (sadly, no Mr. T) - Need to see previews of this... (!)

July 2 - the Last Air Bender - BETTER be good. The series is one of the few cartoons worth watching these days... or so my little brother tells me... :unsure:

May 20 - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - Didn't know they were making another. Hopefully it's more like Curse of the Black Pearl and less like At World's End. But that's just my opinion - and the title isn't encouraging in that regard.

July 1 - Transformers 3 - Makes me nervous, but should be entertaining regardless.

July 22 - Captain America - Has a lot of potential from what I've heard of the comic... no idea about the movie itself. But it better be good for the reason below...

and some time in December The Hobbit - YES YES YES

I haven't heard a release date for quite a while, but at one point the Avengers movie was supposed to follow very very closely on the heels of Captain America. For those who don't know, this is the movie where Iron Man, the Hulk, Captain America, Thor, and a believe a few others team up. This is why Tony Stark appears at the end of The Incredible Hulk, why Nick Fury shows up after the credits of Iron Man, and what I presume a number of other things in Iron Man 2 will point to. Keep your fingers crossed for this one!

EDIT: Well, IMDB slates The Avengers for May 2012. So yeah, that's later than I had last heard. I'm still hopeful that it'll be good though...

This post has been edited by Silent-7: 13 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Mudbucket 

• Shigiddywhat?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mudbucket

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

June 4th- Splice

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dor/objects/...rlr_1_480P.html

Looks kinda like Species, but only a little.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result.” - Sir Winston Churchill

“Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever. ” - Baron Munchausen

#4 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:07 PM

The Avengers is slated for May 4 2012. I missed putting it in my list.

I've been waiting for Marvel to redo Captain America for a VERY long time. The one released in 1990 sucked. Cap's hood/mask had RUBBER EARS built into it. What the hell?!?!? It's as bad as Dolph Lundgren in the 1989 Punisher with fake stubble half way up his ears. Don't get me started on the 1994 unreleased Fantastic 4..... Yeah, I've seen it. I cried, it was so bad.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#5 User is offline   kage83 

• KaGe
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:kage83

Posted 14 April 2010 - 02:48 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Apr 13 2010, 10:21 PM, said:

May 7 - Iron Man 2 Hopefully they don't crap it up like most sequels. Although lately anything Robert Downey Jr has touched has been gold.
June 11 - The A-Team (sadly, no Mr. T)Because of this fact, i'm thinking it raises its suck factor. Although Liam Neeson is in it.

Dec 17 - Tron: Legacy It has potential, PLUS the Dude returns for the sequel.

May 20 - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides As long as they get Johnny Depp back, I'll watch it.

Another one I'm really looking forward to is the next Narnia movie coming this December. I'm a CS Lewis fan and don't think the first two movies were horrible. So The Voyage of the Dawn Treader should be at least acceptable.

Also, a little known indie film, The Living Wake is coming out in May. It was actually released in 2007 and hopped around various film festivals and only now is being released nationally. Dang thing looks hilarious!
If you are a Christian paintballer, put this in your sig

#6 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 14 April 2010 - 03:02 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Apr 13 2010, 10:21 PM, said:

A friend of mine asked me about an up coming theatrical release, the name of which had slipped his mind. It was one of those, "It has that guy from that other movie where he did that thing" things.... I hate them.

So I take a peek at one of my favorite sites and look for titles I think he'd watch. The two that caught his interest were Iron Man 2 and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (no accounting for some tastes).

But I did notice quite a few movies that I'm now looking forward too.

May 28 - George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead This

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (previews look good anyway) This

June 11 - The A-Team (sadly, no Mr. T) This

July 2 - the Last Air Bender this

July 7 - Predators This!!!

Sept 10 - Resident Evil: Afterlife 3-D This

Nov 24 - Red Dawn (Yup, it's a remake) OH YEA

May 20 - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides I cannot wait for this one! hope its a mix between the Curse of the Black Pearl and At worlds End

July 1 - Transformers 3 Should be good

and some time in December The Hobbit Koolio

Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Anything you're looking forward too?

Excited for Predators, Survival of the living dead, Pirates, and Red Dawn
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#7 User is offline   Silent-7 

• Christian Paintballer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent-7

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

View Postkage83, on Apr 14 2010, 02:48 PM, said:

Another one I'm really looking forward to is the next Narnia movie coming this December. I'm a CS Lewis fan and don't think the first two movies were horrible. So The Voyage of the Dawn Treader should be at least acceptable.

YES! I totally forgot about this! The Voyage of the Dawn Treader was one of my favorites of the Chronicles of Narnia, so I'm definitely looking forward to the movie. It'll be interesting to see how much they stick to the story. Prince Caspian, while not a major departure from the book, took a lot more liberties than The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe did. Hopefully they don't continue in that direction too far... though I'm fairly sure I'll enjoy it regardless. :tup:
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

A-Team with Rampage is gonna kick ass. Kickass might kick ass. Iron Man 2 might be good..... however, I am both shocked and appalled that nobody yet has mentioned this.

Oh, I forgot, Airbender = movie of the summer, probably.

This post has been edited by MurderDeathKill: 14 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#9 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:12 AM

A-team trailer!!!

z93AADd2Dpo
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:42 AM

^^^ I like that they kept the characters the same. I hope they also have the same amazing roll-over van. You know the one that has square headlights when driving down the road but suddenly it gets round headlights when crashing.

#11 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:32 PM

I'm looking forward to most of that list, especially Airbender & Green Hornet (if only to see how Seth Rogen plays it). Not really sure how I feel about the Red Dawn remake though... it's not like remaking The Godfather or anything, but it's still a classic. We are having a Red Dawn themed scenario this fall, I can't wait to here all the young kids say "It's China w/ Russia, there's no Cuba in Red Dawn! Stoopid." :thanks:

View Postslinkyaroo, on Apr 15 2010, 01:42 PM, said:

You know the one that has square headlights when driving down the road but suddenly it gets round headlights when crashing.

That would be great if they threw that in, minor details do make or break a movie :Help:

This post has been edited by ger: 15 April 2010 - 12:32 PM

ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#12 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:23 PM

C6RU5y2fU6s
Jet Li, Jason Statham, Randy Couture, Sly Stallone, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Governator.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#13 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 18 April 2010 - 06:28 PM

View PostPuzuma, on Apr 13 2010, 08:21 PM, said:

May 7 - Iron Man 2 Seeing that first showing.

May 28 - George A. Romero's Survival of the Dead
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (previews look good anyway) I'll rent both of these. PoP looks good, but as is par with video game movies, they look good, then suck. SotD I'll rent and watch with a bunch of friends.

June 11 - The A-Team (sadly, no Mr. T) Still sad that Common isn't playing B.A. Barrachus. Though Rampage Jackson seems pretty good. Definitely gonna see this.

June 18 - Jonah Hex What's that? I've heard the name before, but that's it...

July 2 - the Last Air Bender Looks good. I've been a quiet fan of the TV show since it came out. This looks Avatar-esque (in that you need to see it on a big screen)

July 7 - Predators Like, AH-nold Predator? But with more of them? Niiiice. I'll probably see that.

Sept 10 - Resident Evil: Afterlife 3-D Meh. I'm not big on the whole 3-D thing. It worked for Avatar...not sure on this.

Nov 24 - Red Dawn (Yup, it's a remake) I'll probably rent this one. The first movie was good, but I'm just not feeling the remake.

Dec 17 - Tron: Legacy Haha, nerd love here.

Dec 22 - The Green Hornet Is Seth Rogan still supposed to play the dude? I haven't kept up with this one, but I'll probably go see it.

The movie you're missing on this list is "The Other Guys". Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrel. As well as Dwayne Johnson and Samuel L. Jackson. http://www.imdb.com/...b/vi1018955545/

May 6 - Thor Definitely gonna see it. Marvel Studios is killing it right now.

May 20 - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Still mad I didn't get a call back from my audition tape...but you know I'll be seeing this one a few times.

June 17 - Green Lantern Green Lantern is one of my more favorite super heroes. He's a normal dude, but he's got a magic ring that makes him awesome.

July 1 - Transformers 3 I'll see it, if only for 2 reasons. 1: Megan Fox. 2: Megan Fox. 3: Explosions.

July 22 - Captain America Again, Marvel Studios are doing work. I think this will be the lead in to the Avengers movie, and as such I will see it. I will see it 9 times.

Sept 23 - Underworld 4 Is Kate Beckinsale back? Cause then I'll see it. I didn't see the 3rd one...

and some time in December The Hobbit Del Toro is friggin' awesome. He's gonna make a pretty sweet version of this, and I will see it.

Also, +2 for the Expendables. If only it had Vinnie Jones! But Terry Crews is good too. Glad to see him in a "normal" role, and not in some Black Comedy like White Girls or Soul Plane.
My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#14 User is offline   Pirate 

• I aim to misbehave.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PirateCaptain

Posted 19 April 2010 - 01:03 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Apr 15 2010, 10:12 AM, said:

A-team trailer!!!

z93AADd2Dpo

That was pretty much amazing. I know I'm going to see that one a few times too.
Liam Neeson as Hannibal is epic win.

Also, Dirk Bennedict cameo FTW

My job is to be an asshole. I excel at the position.
We put our glass to the sky and lift up. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya. So raise a pint for the people that aren't with us. And live tonight 'cause you can't take it with ya...
Austin Michelle Cloyd, Forever in my heart. We love you, Ayesha! Rest in Peace Tyler Hackett
Rest in Peace, Dave Brockie! Cam Cam #83

#15 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:36 PM

fdut8tSkE5g
I gotta say, I'm VERY excited for this. I hope it comes to the theater I work at, they might let me wear a Raccoon City Police Dep pin on my apron...
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users