Special Ops Paintball: My "marksman" marker (longbow/qbow) - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

My "marksman" marker (longbow/qbow) Beware of falling bombs... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   CatharsisEGR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:CatharsisEGR

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:31 PM

Greets, so I'll be posting updates and info on my marker here. I posted my first FPS video and folks wanted more info on my marker, so here we go... Perhaps check out the FPS video as well:
First FPS Video - Blackcat scenario - Farewell '07, Fort Ord, Monterey CA
FPS - 01 - Paintball Jungle - 2.17.08

My goal is to create a marker that is reliable, has repeatable results in regard to accuracy, and is somewhat milspec oriented. I'll also share whatever tricks I come up with regarding this kind of configuration.

Reliable -- it must work well in bad conditions (rain and worse) since I play scenario and it's rain or shine with this class of events and I'm not putting a plastic bag over my marker.

Accuracy -- I am working towards ambush/marksman skills (sniper what have you); I prefer marksman though as for now I'm working on squad tactics where I can be called over for accurate shots; IE I don't shoot a ton of paint and break balls and thus usually my marker shoots straight. This can really be dependent on say the paint provided by a scenario producer too; if the electros are busting balls often like what went down at the Blackcat game and I'm not (simply less rate of fire w/ mediocre paint) then chances are I'll get a straighter shot at any given moment.

Milspec -- I just like the look of my marker and the EOTech sight adds to it, but it really functions quite well compared to a red dot especially for CQB / speedball; I attached extra weaver rails to the sides of the longbow shroud that can accept attachments (lights, etc.)

Right now I'm maxing out my "sabre skills" and slowly getting a really good feel for this marker as it is still changing. Once it stops changing (one more major upgrade soon; GForce pneumatic frame) it will take a month or two of playing before I'd even consider getting into a ghillie and going "sniper". For now digital woodland camo is great.. Last time I played rec I maneuvered around some folks and their response when hit, "wow that digital camo actually works". I'll also Duracoat my marker once things settle down w/ a digital woodland pattern.

Ahhh.. pneumatic frame / sniper.. hmm.. I've been using the qbow setup and like it a lot. It is hard for me to imagine the practicality of playing with the longbow outside of a challenge and/or playing with all newbs. It would have to be strictly an outdoor field as I have a strong preference for a barrel length of 14" or less in CQB situations. Anyway. I want to be able to dish out paint when needed to get out of sticky situations, not "snipe" w/ 16+bps, so the GForce frame will be a welcome upgrade and still keep things mech and reliable in the rain. I mount the qloader to the bottom of the frame and it provides great balance and clearance for the barrel to get into tight shooting positions that positioning the qloader up front prevents.

So lets get to it.. The marker:
AGD Tac-1
Longbow attachment / shroud
Qbow adapter
Qloader; bottom mounted
Custom stock drop by Pablo Hambly (excellent job following the contours of the longbow stock; it also is custom fit for my natural shooting position with great clearance while wearing a mask.)
EOTech 551 sight
Dye Boomstick w/ 18", 14", 10" tips (also looking at a Lapco 14")
Soon (GForce pneumatic frame)

Some picts of the qbow config (The middle one; 14" tip for the barrel is my favorite; well balanced for distance and short enough for maneuvering):
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Some longbow picts... including some perspective shots:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

A few shots in my kitchen through the EOTech sight (I'll replace these with better ones soon!):
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now for a little trick I've picked up from using this setup in the rain. Once water gets in the barrel and internals accuracy is out the window. First if you have a ported barrel try camo wrap around the barrel to reduce water getting in the barrel. Unfortunately with the longbow there is a small gap between the longbow attachment and the marker. if you get hit there paint can get inside and of course water can get inside at this point. I found that slightly unscrewing the longbow feeder adapter will provide just enough room to get a large o-ring in place. This provides a proper seal at this point. Lucky enough the qloader setup comes with large o-rings and I had a spare one. Here are some picts:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Again to check out a video of this in use check this topic:
First FPS Video - Blackcat scenario - Farewell '07, Fort Ord, Monterey CA

Edit: for update in pictures & videos.

This post has been edited by CatharsisEGR: 18 February 2008 - 02:35 AM

#2 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:43 PM

I like it. Tyger had a similar configuration, using a warp feed insted of a Q-loader.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#3 User is offline   lin214wolf 

• mmmmm....paintball
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:lin214wolf

Posted 12 December 2007 - 07:45 PM

Thats a sweet setup
move along, nothing to see here

#4 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 12 December 2007 - 08:48 PM

pretty neafty how do you like the stock like that
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#5 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:28 PM

Nice, I like it.

#6 User is offline   CatharsisEGR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 12 December 2007 - 09:29 PM

View PostQC MAD KID, on Dec 12 2007, 07:48 PM, said:

pretty neafty how do you like the stock like that

I like it quite a bit. I'm fairly tall and have long arms and the basic longbow setup is unusable for me especially with a mask. The great thing about having the custom stock drop is that I measured exactly how far back/down it needed to be for a very natural shooting position. With the marker griped in my hand the stock butt ends right at the inside of my elbow which is about where you want it. Basically it fits like a glove so to speak. I have a SO harness vest and use just one point on the sling and that provides plenty of free hand mobility when not engaged in playing/running. I could use 2 points, but that reduces shooting angles. Also this marker is reasonably light weight, but very balanced. The friend that made the stock drop originally made an aluminum one and that didn't work well regarding balance, so the final one is made of delrin.

#7 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:54 PM

That drop is sick...Aluminum or plastic I hope...

-Tenacious

#8 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 12 December 2007 - 10:56 PM

Dang bro, you really dished out THAT much for a EOtech? Your crazy......
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#9 User is offline   Ragga 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Ragga

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:05 AM

View Postleft handed, on Dec 13 2007, 05:56 AM, said:

Dang bro, you really dished out THAT much for a EOtech? Your crazy......

Yeah thats what I thought when I Googled it $400! :D
and I like the gun to good work

#10 User is offline   russc 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:11 AM

Looks great! If it were my gun I'd replace the Intelliframe with an AGD Carbon Fiber single trigger frame with some nice rubber grips. That would be more comfortable, and would add to your military look. Also, you probably don't need a double trigger if you're playing a single shot game.

#11 User is offline   russc 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:13 AM

double post

This post has been edited by russc: 13 December 2007 - 11:14 AM

#12 User is offline   the hittmann 

• I'm watching you
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:the hittmann

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:44 PM

That is what my uncle uses for the swat team on his mp5, m4, and launcher. It is amazing. he(catharsis) might have alot of money, is in law enforcement, or got a good deal. Those are the most likely.

This post has been edited by the hittmann: 13 December 2007 - 01:45 PM

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. if you're one of the ones that stays true to proggressive metal/classic rock,put this in your sig.
My favorite mode on a smart parts gun is OFF!!
Save a rock throw an ion.

#13 User is offline   CatharsisEGR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:57 PM

Tenacious221:
>That drop is sick...Aluminum or plastic I hope...

Delrin -- http://en.wikipedia....olyoxymethylene

Scanning the article comes up with this section:
"It is also used extensively in paintball markers, where it is used to make bolts, pump handles and many other parts. Its low cost, adequate strength, light weight and self lubricating properties make it ideal for markers. The other material commonly used for markers, Nylatron, while slightly lighter, is more prone to swelling. A swelled part can make the mechanism impossible to operate and sometimes even damages the marker. Nylon-based products such as Nylatron have better wear-resistance than Delrin, but do not have good moisture-resistance, and are therefore not suitable to high-humidity or underwater applications."

russc:
>Looks great! If it were my gun I'd replace the Intelliframe with an AGD Carbon Fiber single trigger frame with some nice rubber grips. That would be more comfortable, and would add to your military look. Also, you probably don't need a double trigger if you're playing a single shot game.

I'm getting in the GForce pneumatic assist frame in next week or so.. I'd like to find some rubber grips besides the Dye stickies (branded ones). I'd be glad to get a few tips there / links.. Soon enough the only single shot game I'll be playing is mental mind control over pulling that trigger. :D

the hittmann:
>That is what my uncle uses for the swat team on his mp5, m4, and launcher. It is amazing. he(catharsis) might have alot of money, is in law enforcement, or got a good deal. Those are the most likely.

Yep.. I've got a professional career in tech (2D/3D graphics & audio) and worked hard to where I'm running my own company; I just haven't had much luck pushing my music/cultural interests here in the US yet.

#14 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:10 PM

great great setup. I am on the verge of buying a tac 1 and plan to do something kinda close to yours.
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#15 User is offline   Jago 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Jago

Posted 10 January 2008 - 10:27 AM

where can I get one of those stock drops?
user posted image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users