Backwards Facing Tank Instructions

#46 User is offline   Drizit 

• Take me to your lizard
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Location:A small planet somewhere in the neighbourhood of Betelgeuse
  • Brigade Name:Drizit

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:36 PM

ahh finaly someone with a pic that I didn't do in paintbrush.  If you get a chance take a pic of the bottem so everyone can see the plumbing... take some of the mistery out of it for people.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs and shoots you at point blank range becuase you thought 20+bps made you good. Pump Gun Pimp #1812
You're never more alive then the first time some one puts a gun to your favorite head and asks you to dance.
There must have been a time
when you could have said no.

#47 User is offline   PTICrawls 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:What?!?

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:09 PM

ok il get a pic tonight

#48 User is offline   P V 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 October 2007 - 11:01 AM

don't mean to nit pick , but you may want to add a note in the t-tape part about not wrapping the t-tape backwards .... backwards wrapped t-tape is very common and doesn't work.

and not everyone knows you can put it on wrong, i've seen plumbers not know. lol

for anyone that is wondering what im talking about, you have to wrap it with the threads (righty-tighty , lefty loosy) you wrap it left it'll just unwrap itself when you screw in the fitting and end up as a blob pinched above the threads, instead of in the threads... it may not leak right away, but give it a minute when you're out on the field and you loose all of your air, and you're left thinking "well i put teflon tape on it!"

i have left these forums do to unequal moderation, please feel free to email/MSN me for all communication

#49 User is offline   paintballinwa 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:PAINTINWA

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:41 AM

Getting a remote is alot easier.

I`m getting one but it`s in the mail right now...

#50 User is offline   trevor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:revortay

Posted 24 January 2008 - 07:06 PM

Thanks very much helps loads...

Tippman owners group #35

#51 User is offline   JBone 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:04 PM

If I buy a female Palmers Regulator for my A-5, would i be able to just instal the regulator backwards so that my tank would be inverted :question:

#52 User is offline   MBPB 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:28 PM

Once I get the cash to do this mod im going to try to do it to a spyder mr1. (though in order to do this mod ill want to switch out the fake mag for something to hold onto.
VL Charger
32 Degrees Icon X
Spyder MR1
14" Spyder VS 2 Piece Aero Twist works on each gun.
The only thing better than women is finding a few pods of good paintballs in your closet.
Dos Games own all. Abandonware for the win.

#53 User is offline   tisk 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:18 PM

As far as I can tell, this mod allows for the CO2 bottle to be reversed from the position of the grip.

But does anyone know of a way to mount the CO2 bottle from beneath the barrel, as if it were a grenade launcher?

#54 User is offline   JNelson4850 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MEDIC48

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:01 PM

I just hooked up a guys 98 at my shop and i think it cost him around $30 installed and out the door.... It was 2 90* elbows, and old style A.S.A. and the stock line, plus the time of me wasting 15 minutes to hook it all up for him.

But another note with teflon tape. Leave 1-2 threads near the end bare so as not to get little pieces torn off and blown down the line into your valve. Or you will be cleaning them out of your cup seal later.... Trust me, I fix a lot of Leaky guns with this problem. Its a simple fix though. That or just use the locktight like what tippmann supplies you with if you don't plan on removing it frequently.....

#55 User is offline   zlayer 7 

• Zlayer VII
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zlayer VII

Posted 07 September 2008 - 12:09 PM

View Postmrcrazyflames, on Nov 27 2005, 03:12 PM, said:

how would you do it for the tippmann 98?
i looked on the specops store and saw that that mount is for the a5
Specops also has pictures of their custom 98s and the 98 04 has the backwards tank
any one know how this works??

Reduced 36%

308 x 231 (23.44k)

Reduced 36%

308 x 231 (18.24k)

Reduced 36%

308 x 231 (20.15k)

Reduced 36%

308 x 231 (21.26k)

Reduced 36%

308 x 231 (19.76k)
[atta
chment=26760:IMG_1141.jpg]
Reduced 36%

308 x 231 (19.67k)

I didn't like the idea of having on-gun air AND having a stock, but I didn't want to go remote. I was browsing through some A5 mods and I came accross the Dagger MKII, with the funky reverse air tank. Wow. That would be cool. A reverse ASA. "reverse ASA" on Google. Nothing related to paintball. Hmm. Now at the conclusion that the reverse ASA is confined to the Special Ops Custom markers, I decided to try to make one myself.

I began to conjur up some ideas. After a while, it came to me. I took my Dead On Pro-Style drop forward that I never really wanted to use, and Disassembled it. What is nice about this particular drop forward is that it can be used as a normal ASA as well as a dropforward if it is taken apart. Tried putting it on backwards. Didn't fit. Even if it did, the front grip would get in the way of the tank.

The garage seemed like a fine place to discover some sort of spacer. I looked for aluminum, plywood, plastic, anything that could act as a spacer to get the ASA further from the rear grip. Finally I found a piece of plywood that was about a half-inch thick. I cut the plywood to match the part of the asa that would be screwed into the gun. Drilled matching holes through the wood, spraypainted it flat black to match the rest of the gun, and screwed it on. The port that the airhose would normally go into is on the side of this particular ASA, so I would need a 90 degree elbow.

I ordered a macroline kit that included a staight end, a 90 degree swivel end, and some macroline. I screwed the 90 degree side into the reverse ASA so that the loctite could seal the threads, and inserted the macroline, giving it a tug to ensure the seal. I needed to disassemble the marker(In my case a 98 Custom, but this can be done to a variety of guns in the same way) so that I could get to the valve inside. once both sides were securely sealed, I gassed up the gun. A small hiss. The ASA that I had was leaking on the side that didn't have the 90 degree elbow, where a small screw was not properly sealed. A few wraps of teflon tape fixed that. Ok. Gas up the gun. Success. The gun shoots. Now I have no need to worry about that tank getting in the way, and the weight is more centered than before. I configured my reverse ASA to be compatible with 9 ounce Co2, but A bigger spacer and more macroline would accomodate a bigger tank to fit your particular needs. Here are some pictures of my finished CQB 98 custom with reverse asa.

Zlayer

see this page in mods and upgrades>Air systems>Reverse ASA

By the way, It's not difficult to do to your 98 at all, and If you wanna see some pics, check out my article.

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=158327
Zlayer VII

The Dagger Creed: If you're not livin' on the edge, you're takin' up too much space!!!

#56 User is offline   zlayer 7 

• Zlayer VII
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Zlayer VII

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=158327

Read the article. I was asking myself the same question when I figured this out. You should have no trouble getting your hands on the necessary supplies, I didn't. If you really want this mod, you should be able to do it. Good Luck.

Zlayer :alien:
Zlayer VII

The Dagger Creed: If you're not livin' on the edge, you're takin' up too much space!!!

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users