• You cannot reply to this topic

New guys read Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ben_davis1386 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:ben_davis1386

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:15 PM

Hey guys I know I haven't posted much on this forum but I have been a paintball sniper for quite a while now (about 6 years). I was looking through the posts and I see where a lot of people ask which setup is best for a paintball sniper. To clear this up, and this is only my opinion but I think others will back me, the setup doesn't matter at all. The only thing that matters as far as setup is color of your equipment. You don't want any flashy silver or chrome stuff. For example, I have a SP Ion that I use for speedball, recball, and scenario. It has the speed I need to get out of tight situations, but yet it is accurate and quiet enough that I can make those tight one shot one kills. I play as an ambush sniper btw, so when I say osok I mean let the enemy walk just past your position and pick them off from the back to the front one at a time, taking one shot per player. The key to being a sniper is skill and patience. You have to be able to wait for hours at a time for that perfect shot, and if it doesn't happen, oh well, there will be more games. Anyways just my 2cents

#2 User is offline   The Shepherd 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Shepherd

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:45 PM

You and the rest of the forum. Who chromes their marker in the woods anyway? But I agree with what you are saying. "The only things needed for playing sniper are a marker and a mentality, the rest is optional" -HeadShotPhantom. However, a player brand new to paintball dosen't need to be a sniper. Sniper's have patience and experience. Unlike me. Practice is the best thing I can recommend to a new sniper. I play "sniper" if ever I did, with an X7. So you can imagine how fast I have to move. So to all you new snipers, good luck! :ghillie:

#3 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:27 PM

Well I'm sort of new as a paintball player as a whole. I only started 2 years ago. It doesn't mean I'm not paying attention. :D

I try to add what I know might be relevant. I have helped my friends pick the best colors for certain markers given that certain speedball colors were only available in the marker of their choice.

never chrome. I don't care what woodsball position you play. But opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one.

But I always look forward to new information to help make myself a better sniper. I will now quote the famous sentence upon a trainee receiving his issued sniper rifle.

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine. Without my rifle, I am nothing. Without me, my rifle is nothing. -USMC Scout Sniper School Quantico, VA

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#4 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

My Automag is polished stainless steel, and my Houndstooth is nickel plated. Both of which were successful woodsball markers back before there ever was speedball.

Camouflage is nice in the have, and ideally everything would be a subdued color, but it's more about how you use something than what you use.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#5 User is offline   Fontain 

• I am every where and no where
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fontain

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:49 PM

U dont really need a certin gear criteria to play a position or to play paitnabll in general.I played against a sniper, who i think was the best i have yet to play against, and guess what?He wore a red t-shirt,blue shorts he had a yellow ion and a mask with a fan in it.Its all about the player and their style and skill level.I play dagger and i have a close to 3 foot long milsim gun and a heavy set up.I also seen hammers playing with pistols.The positions r just ways to classify ur playing style.U dont have to follow them and u shouldnt try to follow them uber closely.

And like Marine Scout Sniper said;

View PostMarine Scout Sniper, on Jan 17 2008, 02:27 AM, said:

But opinions are like buttholes, everybody has one.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users