Special Ops Paintball: New Propper MARPAT ACU cut review.. pics - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Propper MARPAT ACU cut review.. pics

#16 User is offline   Duran 

• "Hey, can I borrow five paintballs?"
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Duran

Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:36 AM

View PostGhostduck, on Feb 9 2007, 12:46 AM, said:

First thing is first.. After two washes they fade... DRASTICLY. My official issue MARPAT has maintained its color for over a year, and already the Proppers are DRASTICLY lighter in color than the official.

Next thing is weight. The Propper has to use a fabric that is strongly similar in durability to that of the Official MARPAT as the officials have not only a patent on the pattern, but the fabric as well. However... This means that the Proper MARPAT needs to use a HEAVIER fabric to get the same durability. This in turn spells HOT HOT HOT in the summer.

While the Proppers are okay.. they just don't last like I feel they should...

Spend the extra money and get the REAL THING.

Propper is the real thing. They manufacture MCCUUs for the Marine Corps. I've been using my MCCUU (top American Apparel, bottom Propper) for 8 months now, and neither have faded drastically. I'm sure the sets you ordered were falsely advertised, and are knock-offs.

#17 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 04 April 2007 - 12:58 PM

so i got the real deal and the EGA logo are at interval and they didnt fade

lil 'C how many uniform do you have (like the trouser and the blouse )

This post has been edited by QC MAD KID: 04 April 2007 - 01:00 PM

INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#18 User is offline   GBones 

• strapped with gats when you were cuddle'n a cabbage patch
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Gbones

Posted 04 April 2007 - 03:43 PM

So after seeing this I bought a set of the propper ACU cut. I have used them once and am very happy with them. They didnt seem to fade when i washed them but i have only washed them once so we'll see. I love the features in this style of cut, hella pockets, the front zipper is wicked nice to have and the collar was nice at keeping my sling not digging into my neck( I use a single point sling). All in all I think it was $50 well spent..

Oh and the pattern worked hella hella well. I had someone walk within 12 or so feet of me and not see me, I was right out in the open crouched down too.

This post has been edited by SGT.GRIMM: 04 April 2007 - 03:43 PM

Tippmann M98C *sold*
Tippmann A5w/RT *sold*
Smart Parts Ion w/Q-lock,Hybrid rail,Hybrid ASA (work in progress...)
Planet Eclipse '05 EGO w/Virtue board *Traded*
Tippmann A5 (too much to list)
Tiberious Tac8 SOCOM (sidearm)

#19 User is offline   Raziel66 

• What would Chesty do?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Raziel66

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:33 PM

Thought I'd add this, for anyone wondering how to tell official issue from other brands, check out these pics:

http://www.civiliang...ARPAT/index.htm

#20 User is offline   French 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:35 PM

View PostRaziel66, on Apr 8 2007, 05:33 PM, said:

Thought I'd add this, for anyone wondering how to tell official issue from other brands, check out these pics:

http://www.civiliang...ARPAT/index.htm

nice find

#21 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 12 April 2007 - 08:30 PM

Hehe. Trust me. People are gonna hate on these things becuase they are only 25 bucks. Most people here, including myself, spent well over 100 bucks for BDUs. In my experience, BDUs are BDUs, only some cost more than others. If you got those for 25 bucks you are a wise individual.

When those come out in Multicam I garuntee Ill be getting a set. The ACU cut is currently the worlds best pattern (great pockets, mandarin collar, etc.), and it is VERY hard to find woodland marpat in the ACU cut. Proper rules.

If anyone claims that stuff fades more quickly than a more expensive variety then they should learn how to wash their stuff in cold water and let it air dry on a hanger. You do that with the expensive stuff, and guess what... you do that with the cheap stuff too!

Thanks for the review. Paintballers get gouged by almost every company out there. Its nice to find a great deal now and then.
- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

#22 User is offline   French 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:49 PM

Gamer i found mine for 36$ usd but shipping killed it ,but it was torn

#23 User is offline   USMC-Scout/Sniper 

• I'm supposed to put a vitty saying here, Ja?
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

Do not buy 'MARPat' with the black going vertical. Look in the picks provided, all the colors go horizontal. If the black is vertical, it means its a Chinese reproduction, and incredibly cheap because they do that to get around all license fees.

And all Ive heard about the ACU (actual issue) is how badly its made. Crotches rip, velcro wears out quickly or falls off, the cargo pockets cant hold anything with out it falling out. Trust me, this is from real US Soldiers in the US, Iraq and Afghanistan. They also say the camo pattern was flop, the Army spent so much developing it, only to end up with a mediocre pattern that 'really only blends in when up against a concrete wall', as one soldier put it. I have no idea why the Army decided on ArPat or ended up making it so bad. Theyre are plenty of all terrain camos out there that work great, like MultiCam, why would the fruit of this massive Army project be so.... half DUMPER?

I'll link an article about what Soldiers want done to make the ACU better. (Sorry, will find it later, my email's down)

#24 User is offline   gamer 

• Yes.... it hurts
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHADOWOPS

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:45 PM

That sucks about the ripped BDUs QC.

I also agree with what you are saying about the knock-off pattern not being as effective USMC.

Id agree with you there. But for 25 bucks... Id be cool with that. I still cant find woodland Marpat in the ACU cut anywhere. I just hope that when they come out with the Multicam knock off that it stands up to the original fairly closley.
- I am Jack's complete lack of suprise. -

#25 User is offline   French 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:44 AM

but multicam is pretty expensive this is why in Iraq soldiers still have the old desert camo

#26 User is offline   Mulletar 

• Emasculator of the puerile
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mulletar

Posted 14 April 2007 - 01:56 PM

The ACU cut is currently the worlds best pattern (great pockets, mandarin collar, etc.), and it is VERY hard to find woodland marpat in the ACU cut. Proper rules.

Impossible actually.

And all Ive heard about the ACU (actual issue) is how badly its made. Crotches rip, velcro wears out quickly or falls off, the cargo pockets cant hold anything with out it falling out. Trust me, this is from real US Soldiers in the US, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Actually, word from the majority of soldiers is that the uniform is fantastic (except some problems with the velcro) but the pattern is awful. Some people even like ARPAT after it gets dirty. The design of ARPAT kind of depends on you getting dirty in it and picking up the ambient colors of the environment you're in.

They also say the camo pattern was flop, the Army spent so much developing it, only to end up with a mediocre pattern that 'really only blends in when up against a concrete wall', as one soldier put it. I have no idea why the Army decided on ArPat or ended up making it so bad. Theyre are plenty of all terrain camos out there that work great, like MultiCam, why would the fruit of this massive Army project be so.... half DUMPER?

Actually, they spent a lot of time looking but tested ARPAT very little at all. There's a possibility of a digitized MultiCam replacing ARPAT, but that depends on whether our government feels like dishing out the dough again.

I'll link an article about what Soldiers want done to make the ACU better. (Sorry, will find it later, my email's down)

I'm pretty sure I know what article you're talking about and a lot of servicemen think it's bollocks in some spots. Most agree that the uniform is fine. The pattern is the biggest problem.

but multicam is pretty expensive this is why in Iraq soldiers still have the old desert camo

I don't think anyone outside of the Air Force and maybe a few units in the Army still have the old 3 colors.

And Multicam isn't more expensive than ACUs from the Governmen't standpoint. It's just a pattern on cloth. It would be less expensive if it was being produced the way ARPAT is.

94% of the people on this forum have an annoying statistic in their signature. If you think that's ridiculously stupid, or even if you're a part of the 0.5% that couldn't care less, put this in your sig.

#27 User is offline   French 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:46 PM

look on TV roanke the soldiers that are infantry have SHIZZLY [NOT ONLY CAN I NOT SPELL I DON'T WASH MY HANDS AFTER I PEE] equipment

#28 User is offline   Mulletar 

• Emasculator of the puerile
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mulletar

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:09 PM

They do?

Since when, what planet do you live on, and what does that have to do with anything?

My goodness, you're right! I can tell right now that my good friend in Iraq and his unit are poorly equipped! I mean... man... the quality of the gear they give our guys isn't even sufficient for them to take on an Army of fuzzy kittens!

This post has been edited by Roanoke: 14 April 2007 - 10:09 PM

94% of the people on this forum have an annoying statistic in their signature. If you think that's ridiculously stupid, or even if you're a part of the 0.5% that couldn't care less, put this in your sig.

#29 User is offline   French 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2007 - 10:56 PM

not the air force the normal infantry

#30 User is offline   SpartanWarrior 

• Enomotarch (Captain)
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Young

Posted 15 April 2007 - 12:38 AM

View PostBassAckwardz, on Feb 8 2007, 11:29 PM, said:

View Postring, on Jan 31 2007, 09:22 PM, said:

New Propper MARPAT ACU cut review.. pics

im a camo LADY OF THE NIGHT WHO TAKES MY PAYCHECK BECAUSE I CAN'T GET A GIRLFRIEND

anyway, just got these in the mail today, and im vary impressed so far.. they came treated with DuPont Teflon, not sure how many washes it will last, but its nice.

they dont come with the upper arm Velcro or name tag Velcro []

they are 65% Poly / 35% Cotton Battle Ripstop, they are not heavy like the winter weight camo twill. they feel a "little" heavier then standard all cotton ripstop.

the color under standard lighting is the same as the issue USMC marpat, but under the flash the brown looks a bit lighter, but that can also be caused by the fabric differences between the USMC twill and the battle rip.

the pattern of the camp is the same as USMC

and at the cost of 25$, they are OUTSTANDING..

and with Propper soon to be offering a ACU in official multicam, i cant Wait

when summer rolls around, ill do pics of all of these in the woods..

65% Poly / 35% Cotton Battle Rip - $24.99

www.bdu.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=ACUCOATS

All I can say is wow...I cannot wait, I wont have to spend $350 on a set of BDU's anymore.

Wherever you're shopping for cammies, DON'T! How are you paying $350.00?! I paid $40 for a complete set of MARPAT straight from the Marine Corps warehouse. Did you pay $25 for just the top or bottom also? Either way, you can spend a tad more for an Official set from the Marine Corps which looks a LOT nicer. Not to mention it has the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor.

Honor, Courage, and Strength - The Spartan Elite Core Values
"To brave men, the prizes that war offers are liberty and fame" -Lycurgus of Sparta

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users