• You cannot reply to this topic

Autocockers Are regs required? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Schwimmy 

• Yes, that is my Phantom on my back.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Schwimmy

Posted 22 June 2009 - 07:56 PM

As above, do I need a regulator on a pump Autococker? I'm not talking about the frontblock one.
Triad Infinite Scenario Squad

Sponsored by www.ANSgear.com

#2 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 22 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

Depends. On Pre-2k's they're unnecessary, but on post-2k's they're recommended. I run my 95 sniper on 12ies or a 3.5 straight into the vert. ASA. It isn't the best for 2k+ snipers, they prefer 200-600 PSI input.

Not sure about Cockers though, it might play havoc with the LPR. It shouldn't, but I'm not positive.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#3 User is offline   Schwimmy 

• Yes, that is my Phantom on my back.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Schwimmy

Posted 22 June 2009 - 09:28 PM

It'd be on a pump, so I'm not worrying about that.
Triad Infinite Scenario Squad

Sponsored by www.ANSgear.com

#4 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:31 AM

View Postthisissparta, on Jun 22 2009, 11:06 PM, said:

Depends. On Pre-2k's they're unnecessary, but on post-2k's they're recommended. I run my 95 sniper on 12ies or a 3.5 straight into the vert. ASA. It isn't the best for 2k+ snipers, they prefer 200-600 PSI input.

that covers it. If it's Pre-2k, it is sprung to run on high pressure tanks and 12 grams. So adding a reg, you will need to mess with your springs a little to get it perfect.

Post 2k don't need a reg, but without one, you need to drastically re spring it so that it will fire. If not, the 800 psi from the tank will hold the valve tightly shut and you wont be able to get your shots up to speed. The hammer spring is much weaker, so it can't pound against 800 psi and win.

So if pre 2k, no reg needed. Can run on 12ies and tanks.
Post 2k, reg highly recomended unless you plan on playing the spring changing game for a day or two til you get it right.

This post has been edited by Legato: 23 June 2009 - 01:32 AM

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users