• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

pistol cool to carry one? Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:05 PM

do yall think it would be cool for a ref to carry a pistol on the feild so if you see someone cheating or should be eliminated instead of yelling at him over everything eles you can just pop him with a paintball. or if he wipes you can shoot him again and make sure he leaves...just an idea to enforce the rules though dunno what the ethics would say

#2 User is offline   Apathy 

• Only my twisted perception keeps me company.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Apathy

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:38 PM

Sounds perfectly acceptable to me but I have only played outlaw fields. What warrants being shot by a Ref might vary though as most things can easily be taken care of without it as it stands.

This post has been edited by Apathy: 21 February 2007 - 09:39 PM

"A mind without purpose will wander in dark places"
"Man - a creature made at the end of the week's work when God was tired." -Mark Twain-
"Celibacy is the worst form of self-abuse."-Peter De Vries- The only field at which I excel and hold no equal.

#3 User is offline   PliskinAJ 

• ^^ i got dirt on my face ^^
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PliskinAJ

Posted 21 February 2007 - 09:55 PM

LOL that would be awesome. I just see alot of fights starting from refs shooting players.

#4 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:51 AM

no worse than a player shooting a player. though would work better when some twit decides to argue about being hit you can just pop em and say your hit now :laugh:

#5 User is offline   JesterTLS 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:08 AM

That would be funny. Pop them in the butt.

Dont think it is a good ideal, but it would be funny.
Team ODX (Operational Detachment X-Ray)
OSF Operator's Strike Force
www.scenariosupply.com www.cdpaintball.com

#6 Guest_Dream of Nullification_*

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:18 AM

lol id find it really funny if a ref popped em and he still decided to wipe. id be freakin hurling him outta there lol

#7 User is offline   RogueShooter 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:roguefaktion

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:04 AM

it would probably cause more problems than it would solve... for one, with the way people get up in a ref's face over a call nowadays, i highly doubt a pistol is going to do anything but incite things further... secondly, this is assuming the ref is actually trying to do his job to begin with.
"Use humility to make the enemy haughty. Tire them by flight. Cause division among them. When they are unprepared, attack and make your move when they do not expect it." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Jay, AKA Rogue... Chairman, Imminent Threat Scenario Paintball Team Proudly Sponsored By Urban Ops Paintball and Cousin's Paintball NJ

#8 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2007 - 01:09 PM

i dont know about that cause personally if i were to be shot by a ref for doin somehting that i could change, i would be whooping some serious DUMPER...i would be TORKED OFF at that...i wouldnt like that and the same as my team
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#9 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2007 - 01:27 PM

I used to do it all the time way back when. We'd carry PGP's to cover our... and we'd pop people cheating or trying to mow people.

#10 User is offline   ZombieAtak 

• Settle it the old fasioned way, first guy to die LOSES!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ZombieAtak

Posted 22 February 2007 - 01:32 PM

View PostDream of Nullification, on Feb 22 2007, 01:05 AM, said:

do yall think it would be cool for a ref to carry a pistol on the feild so if you see someone cheating or should be eliminated instead of yelling at him over everything eles you can just pop him with a paintball. or if he wipes you can shoot him again and make sure he leaves...just an idea to enforce the rules though dunno what the ethics would say

I do that when I reff.

But I also threaten to pistol whip wipers sooooo.....
ZombieAtak's Feedback
2nd Place: Outdoor Adventures AFFM Tournament 10/19/2008
Most Valuable Team: OA, Bowie, MD; Battle of the Bulge V 12/14/2008; Kobra Kommand II 3/15/09; Coffee Wars III 6/14/09

#11 User is offline   Lament 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lament

Posted 22 February 2007 - 02:48 PM

View PostDream of Nullification, on Feb 21 2007, 08:05 PM, said:

View PostDream of Nullification, on Feb 21 2007, 11:51 PM, said:

no worse than a player shooting a player. though would work better when some twit decides to argue about being hit you can just pop em and say your hit now :D

View PostDream of Nullification, on Feb 22 2007, 02:18 AM, said:

lol id find it really funny if a ref popped em and he still decided to wipe. id be freakin hurling him outta there lol

Just me, but I am there to ref. Taking a pistol out on the field so that I can shoot someone that is breaking the rules, to me, means that I am not in control of the situation enough. If I catch someone wiping, then I go over and pull that player, not shoot them. If they choose to argue with me, then I end up letting the people that are running the shack know what is up so that they can deal with the situation while I get the next game going. Afterall, the other people that paid money to play paintball don't want to see a "my ego is bigger than yours" contest, they want to play paintball. And if a person does wipe a hit from a player, what makes you think that they are not going to wipe a hit from "lowly" ref?

Shooting like there is no tomorrow. For all we know, there is no tomorrow.

Team ForestFire!!!

Team Forest Demons!!!

#12 User is offline   joepain 

• NEXT GAME:...??????
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:702Recon~LasVegas Player's Assc

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:52 PM

not a thing i like to see happen at a game ...more harm then good ...would most likey insue...

.... if you as a ref were to shoot a player....then they would most likely hunt you .... the next time....how are you to do your responsibility to the other players/game if you getting shot up?..

#13 User is offline   TREE FITTY 

• Time to get to business...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TIPPMANN6791

Posted 22 February 2007 - 03:56 PM

I second this idea, haha. I don't know, PA 'ballers (around harrisburg), there is some bad, bad refs. Especially at WannaPlay. Me and my friend were within the surrender zone -5 feet for this game- and this guy blindshot us around a corner using full auto and hit each of us about 10 times. We had to yell at him to stop. The ref said "just let it go. Not a big deal." Bull.

I want a ref who enforces, a pistol would be awesome. I can see it now, it happens... ref goes to the guy who blindshot me and my friend... pops him once in the neck and says to leave the field... I'd cherish that ref and praise him for life.

did I die for a second there?...

#14 User is offline   Dr. Wiggy 

• "God. Duty. Honor. Country."
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dr. Wiggy

Post icon  Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:18 PM

I do not think it would be wise.......

If you want to carry one to keep the fear in the noobs, sure, why not? But, if you actually plan on using it, I'd say no.

Besides, when you're running a business, if you tick off your customers, you won't have a business anymore........

I wouldn't allow it on any field of mine.

God Bless,
Doc

The honorable freak of nature; Dr. Wiggy presiding.
Posted Image
The "Suicidal Ref"

Become Elite. Don't Cheat.

#15 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 22 February 2007 - 05:39 PM

I second that, a ref carring a pistol is just asking for trouble. A ref with any type of paintball marker is dumb. You are not there to shoot people you are there to ref. If a player whipes make them sit out. If they don't get out or do it again kick them off the field for the day. Any player that argues with the ref during a game should be sat out regardless...

Don't get this confused with a player coming up to you after the game and holding a conversation. I know when I head ref I'm more than happy to explain rules, calls, and saftey concerns its what I'm getting paid for.

As soon as you haf ref's shooting people problems are being created. I say leave your markers where they belong when your not playing. All the scenarios given so far (nor do any) warrent a ref to shoot a player... Think about this

An already ticked player is shot by the ref, the ticked off player shoots you , so you shoot him back. The player than shoots you 100 times and the result is a verbal battle which turns into a fight.... You have that scenario versus a ticked player comes up and argues with him and you say "all of my calls are final" end of story.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users