Page 1 of 1

Qloader Problem Feeding Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   wico90 

• Wico90
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WICO90/SNIPER90

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:59 AM

So i have a brand new 500 round Qloader setup and everything works fine untill i connect the pod to the feed housing. The spring does what it should spinning the paint into the feed tube but all it does is break paint and cause a mushy mess

Any ideas?

#2 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 21 January 2009 - 11:53 AM

Does it do it on all your pods? It sounds like the spring in the pod is wound too much.

#3 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 21 January 2009 - 12:21 PM

Are they breaking in the hose, or in the QPod or the receiver?

Are you feeding extra paintballs into the hose before attaching the first QPod?
e.g. load 100 paintballs into a QPod, and put paintballs into the Qreceiver by hand to fill the feedtube.

Did you adjust pre-winds? You should not need to since the first generation design was changed, but some people still tell starters to do it

Remove the QLoader receiver from the marker

Try it with just the QPod into the Qreceiver and no feed hose - but only a small number of paintballs.
The paintballs should fly out (So aim it at a bag)

Next try a full QPod the same way
The paintballs should still fly out (So aim it at a bag)

Then fit the feed hose to the QLoader but not to the marker (have the hose straight)
The paintballs should still fly out (So aim it at a bag)

Now keep the QLoader off the marker but attach the feedhose to the marker, keeping it straight
This time the paintballs should load and stop (If they break now the spring pressure is too tight)

If all of the above work then it is likely to be angles of the feed hose.
Try it with a long feed hose in a gentle curve

See also here http://www.qloader.c...oubleshoot.html

#4 User is offline   wico90 

• Wico90
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:17 PM

im doing everything like the directions say...theyre breaking in the pod....but if its brand new i shouldnt have to fix the tension right?

#5 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2009 - 11:38 AM

View Postwico90, on Jan 21 2009, 08:17 PM, said:

im doing everything like the directions say...theyre breaking in the pod....but if its brand new i shouldnt have to fix the tension right?

Yes, you should not need to change tension.
It can be adjusted, but if you have breaks from the beginning in the pod then something else is wrong.

With the balls in the pod there is no pressure on them as the ratchet holds the spring and each ball is sat in its own 'slot'
When the QPod is released in the QReceiver the ratchet unlocks and the spring should push until the balls stop with pressure, (eg you attach the QPod but do not fire paint)

Does it break in the pod even if you just let the receiver release the balls out but not into the marker? (So there is no pressure on the balls, other than them being pushed out)

Does it also affect every pod?

Paint could be sensitive if fragile, so if it affects every pod it may be the paint.
If its a specific pod then you can dismantle it and reassemble. You can take the spring out but don't adjust the nut on the spring.

There were reputably big changes in the company, and rumours that the pods will now be inferior. Either way you should be able to get support or relpacement as it is new. There used to be a support forum, but I believe the website now refers to an area of PBNation.

#6 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:26 PM

What paint are you using and how old is it? I would think that the thinner/more brittle the shell the more likely it is to break under the tension of the spring. Have you done a bounce test on your paint?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#7 User is offline   wico90 

• Wico90
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:00 PM

I thought it was the paint and went to my Gander Mtn and bought brand new paint and it still doesnt work. As soon as the spring is engaged paint gets broken and i believe it is in every pod. I bought it from ~REAPER~ on here and i dont believe he had any problems with it.

#8 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:27 PM

the spring is probably too tight. If you have the directions, it tells you how to take it apart and adjust the prewinds. Let the spring go down to no tension, and then wind it a few times and put it back together.

if you dont have the manual, I believe theres one on the Qloader website.

#9 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

View Postwico90, on Jan 22 2009, 08:00 PM, said:

I thought it was the paint and went to my Gander Mtn and bought brand new paint and it still doesnt work. As soon as the spring is engaged paint gets broken and i believe it is in every pod. I bought it from ~REAPER~ on here and i dont believe he had any problems with it.

I would normally advise against adjusting the spring, but as you have said you got it from REAPER rather than new from QLoader it could be the spring pressure.

Take one pod apart and adjust the spring. Just count the number of turns you make and see if that improves.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users