#16 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• Colonel, Team Slack Attack
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:prophet_subgenius

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:03 PM

View Postb_soukup, on May 8 2008, 01:17 PM, said:

View PostIonShot, on Apr 1 2008, 08:56 AM, said:

In June of '07 myself and three other friends formed a small 4-man squad, to compete at a local Scenario game in August. The days slowly ended, and before I knew it, the Scenario Game had arrived, and we had no practice in. All we did during those few months, was play skirmish matches agains each other.

Now we tore apart our old squad, and came up with a new team: Echo 4-19. This year I plan on it being different, with drills, practice, and movment formations.

This is where I need help, I need to learn the following:

- Shooting Drills
- Movement Drills
- Formations
- Tactics
- Radio Chatter
- How to stay alive

In general, I need to know what actions are needed to be performed as a commander, and how to keep my team together at a scenario game.

All intel dealing with this situation would be greatly appriciated

P.S. - I have visited many of the forum threads and links dealing with my ordeal, but I want info from experienced team commanders.

since your only a 4 man team i think it would be best for if you trained primarily in gurilla warfare tactics until you get more members then start training with conventional tactics. :rolleyes:

Not nessisarily true. If his opforce is small, conventional tactics are still in play.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#17 User is offline   cowcow2831 

• ME
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cowcow2831

Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:15 AM

ok well i'm in the same problem starting a team, only me and a friend but i want to build it up slowly, So I'm not all alone training the new people, granted i'm new also lol. But what like Uber basic, first thing, skills do you guys think should be mastered, both as individuals and as an entire team.
L.I.P Matt

#18 User is offline   Ace-014 

• Back From Life (FCSN)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace-014

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:20 AM

View Postcowcow2831, on Jun 2 2008, 11:15 PM, said:

ok well i'm in the same problem starting a team, only me and a friend but i want to build it up slowly, So I'm not all alone training the new people, granted i'm new also lol. But what like Uber basic, first thing, skills do you guys think should be mastered, both as individuals and as an entire team.

Indivual:
-Work on ability to function calmly under stress (not panick when under fire)
-Snap Shooting
-Learn to effectively use cover

Team:
-COMMUNICATION
-Flanking manuevers
-Cover fire

Just a few things you guys should work on.
Official SpecOps FC

#19 User is offline   ColonelD 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ColonelD

Posted 06 June 2008 - 02:23 PM

I know exactely what you mean. Four friends and I have been playing for about 2 years just running around on our farms shotting at eachother. Just early last month did we look into playing in woodsball tournies and secnario's. But before we did we really wanted to focus on practicing first. We knew that we had some of the movement down, as we spent days on end running through forests and up creek beds as groups and individuals, thought not to say we coudln't improve on it. So on thing we did is we had three people lay on a hill at the end of a field we had setup barricades on. Then, the 5 of us (we used others for the shooters) would try and advance up the field in a certain amount of time (without getting hit of course :rolleyes: ). We did this just so we coul get "used to" the idea of advancing up an area well under constant fire. We found that it really helped us co-ordinate cover fire as well as get over the initital fear some people get when first running out between barricades well paint fills the air.

A few other things are like the one forementioned here. The running and shooting one we found wasespicially good, as well as playing tight to the bunker to practice shooting well minimizing your visible profile. Also, do to current budget constraints, we don;t have a full set of walkies, so we made sure we had a rudimentary set of hand signals well organised.

I hope that helps a bit!

#20 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:06 PM

View PostColonelD, on Jun 6 2008, 05:23 PM, said:

I know exactely what you mean. Four friends and I have been playing for about 2 years just running around on our farms shotting at eachother. Just early last month did we look into playing in woodsball tournies and secnario's. But before we did we really wanted to focus on practicing first. We knew that we had some of the movement down, as we spent days on end running through forests and up creek beds as groups and individuals, thought not to say we coudln't improve on it. So on thing we did is we had three people lay on a hill at the end of a field we had setup barricades on. Then, the 5 of us (we used others for the shooters) would try and advance up the field in a certain amount of time (without getting hit of course :laugh: ). We did this just so we coul get "used to" the idea of advancing up an area well under constant fire. We found that it really helped us co-ordinate cover fire as well as get over the initital fear some people get when first running out between barricades well paint fills the air.

A few other things are like the one forementioned here. The running and shooting one we found wasespicially good, as well as playing tight to the bunker to practice shooting well minimizing your visible profile. Also, do to current budget constraints, we don;t have a full set of walkies, so we made sure we had a rudimentary set of hand signals well organised.

I hope that helps a bit!

Shop around, you can really find some radios for a decent price. Some of the cheaper ones sell between $20-$30 for a set.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#21 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 08 June 2008 - 09:18 PM

The biggest problem I encounter is my men refuse to move so the best way I see to train for that is you put a stationary guy at an advantageous point to shoot from and make your guys run to bunkers in his firing lane until they get all the way across. It helped me learn to move more :laugh:
THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#22 User is offline   WolfPackColonel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:WolfPackColonel

Posted 17 June 2008 - 10:43 PM

I'm starting a new team and everyone has played a least a little. We have fun but I don't know how to keep them under control. What I mean by that is when under fire some will try to fall back instead of holding their position and a couple others will rush in like they are going to bunker the shooter. This has become a major problem because we loose orginization and round half them team is lost in the first couple minutes of a fire fight. We've gotten good at fighting retreats but I would like some advice on how to calm them during a fire fight.

#23 User is offline   WolfPackColonel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:32 PM

View PostWolfPackColonel, on Jun 18 2008, 01:43 AM, said:

I'm starting a new team and everyone has played a least a little. We have fun but I don't know how to keep them under control. What I mean by that is when under fire some will try to fall back instead of holding their position and a couple others will rush in like they are going to bunker the shooter. This has become a major problem because we loose orginization and round half them team is lost in the first couple minutes of a fire fight. We've gotten good at fighting retreats but I would like some advice on how to calm them during a fire fight.

I've tried talking to them but it has not work, any suggestions.

#24 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:50 PM

Shoot at them when they do that. :D
JK that wont work.
First off do they respect you because of how you play or some other reason if they dont its harder to get them to listen to you.
Thats why I changed my style of play
THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

#25 User is offline   WolfPackColonel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:17 PM

I know they respect me, they want me to be the leader. I think the problem is they don't want to get hit, and they know if they stick with my plan someone is going to get hit. They are new to paintball so they are still scared of getting hit, and to them its better to run than stay in the firefight. I know its not my plans because when they are followed we win.

#26 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 01 July 2008 - 02:44 PM

Its a lot easier to hit a stationary target than one that is running. I played this past weekend at a scenario game and the 3 times I was hit was when I was not moving. I was never hit while I was running
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#27 User is offline   WolfPackColonel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:12 PM

View PostKnightwolf16, on Jul 1 2008, 05:44 PM, said:

Its a lot easier to hit a stationary target than one that is running. I played this past weekend at a scenario game and the 3 times I was hit was when I was not moving. I was never hit while I was running

When they run, they run away from the fire fight. They don't run to flank or to stay mobile its to get away from the other team. They don't engage the enemies they high tail it to where they are not being shot at.

#28 User is offline   chappy350 

• The General
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chappy350

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:17 AM

The best things i can tell you about being a good commander is this.

1. No battle plan survives contact with the enemy. be ready to adapt and overcome, what you want the enemy to do will not always be what he does.

2. You can't push a rope, lead from the front and don't order anybody to do anything your not willing to do yourself. Be adept at every role.

3. Never stop learning, you will never be the best commander in the world, you will never know every trick and strategy for as long as you play paintball, somebody is always coming up with something new and you should learn from them.

4. Sometimes you have to survive, being a commander means you cannot put yourself first into every firefight, be there with your guys but let the daggers punch holes, let the snipers take flanks, your kill numbers will be low, but your the brain, let your guys be the arms.
www.Arctrooperspaintball.com
Scenario Team Supply
www.battlefrontpaintball.com

#29 User is offline   WolfPackColonel 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:22 AM

View Postchappy350, on Jul 2 2008, 10:17 AM, said:

The best things i can tell you about being a good commander is this.

1. No battle plan survives contact with the enemy. be ready to adapt and overcome, what you want the enemy to do will not always be what he does.

2. You can't push a rope, lead from the front and don't order anybody to do anything your not willing to do yourself. Be adept at every role.

3. Never stop learning, you will never be the best commander in the world, you will never know every trick and strategy for as long as you play paintball, somebody is always coming up with something new and you should learn from them.

4. Sometimes you have to survive, being a commander means you cannot put yourself first into every firefight, be there with your guys but let the daggers punch holes, let the snipers take flanks, your kill numbers will be low, but your the brain, let your guys be the arms.

Thanks!

#30 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:00 PM

You were asking how to advance instead of retreating? just remember that if your guys duck when under fire, so will the opfor. the trick is snap shooting and suppressive fire. Retake the initiative and put the opfor in their bunkers with snapshooting, and keep up the suppressive fire while you advance.

The trick to getting your team to retake the initiative is have them run some speedball. Make them play the frontman and run through lanes of fire to get to their bunkers. Yes, they'll get hit. Yes, it'll hurt a little. But little by little they get that mentality of not being afraid to run through fire and that it doesn't hurt that much. Now you have a team of crazy SOB's who will go where you tell them.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users