• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AGD RT CUSTOM I think im in love Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 February 2011 - 10:30 AM

While browsing AGD's website I came across their RT custom, and I think im in love. I'm going to save and get it within the next month or two I hope, eventually pick up a deadly wind barrel and I will get an empire smoke/blue prophecy loader.

Anyone have experience with this marker? Or any ups/rants about it?

#2 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 21 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

Haha didn't you just get a new marker? I still feel a bit guilty even though I picked up the used Longbow (AGD Tac One) in October but I ordered my Super Stocker...

I haven't been able to get out with mine yet (been tuning) but everyone raves about them - the Tac One is the same marker, just with a MilSim body. The RT effect is basically the pin behind the trigger bouncing the trigger back into place - if you hold it halfway it will bounce itself and go full auto. Cool thing is, the XValve is rated to 3000 psi, and I have a custom Ninja reg set to output 1200, it RIPS. Probably 20-25bps no electronics. Its mechanical Level 10 antichop bolt is amazing also (if tuned properly, it is PHYSICALLY impossible to chop). There's a video on youtube of a guy that hooked his up to a scuba tank at 3000 psi... got it going at 34.5 bps (yes, with paint).

Original blow-forward marker, from what I know (Tiberius uses similar now) - very consistent design (regulator built in to gun). Only issue is level 10 takes some tuning out of the factory, and after break in. It's easy if you do a little research, there are plenty of threads.

You can also upgrade with the ULT trigger, which keeps it mechanical but reduces pull to 15 oz - walkable mech! Other mods include Pneumatics (make an electronic light pull as far as I can tell). There are plenty of mods out there - essentially, Automags are the original competing design vs. Autocockers. Don't ask which is better, or fanboys may flame you.

So far, my experience with the Tac One has been good (test purposes only, so far) - other than the tuning, as the fellow I got it from really messed with stuff (tried to get his ULT to go full auto but didn't understand how he could - it's designed to be tourney legal. It's really easy to do actually, just put in too many shims...).

The RT Custom isn't sold with that rail on top anymore, btw. You can still buy them, but not sure if you need a special body to accommodate them - you might be able to get one here, for example: http://www.tunamart.....php?c=27&p=418

BEWARE: From what I can tell you may need a "Twist-lock" barrel for this marker - not many made now-a-days... the Tac One uses Autococker threads, so it's easier.

I believe Palmers makes twist-locks still, but I remember a thread about Flasc possibly doing some.

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 21 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

#3 User is offline   maniacmechanic 

• maniacmechanic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MANIAC MECHANIC

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:03 PM

cdrinkh20 hits most of it , if your ordering one just get the ULE body , its cocker threaded

For real fun just go here ; http://www.automags.org/ , buy nice used stuff & build it just the way you want it
Watch though Mags have a tendency to be addictive ; ( don't pay attention to the AKA's )

Posted Image
Hank Emery aka maniacmechanic
Team MIXXED BREED
port st. lucie fla originally from West (BG) Virginia
ALL I own are MAG'S , AKA's & a Pump or 2

#4 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

I don't want a rail...they just seem silly tbh, and no I havent gotten a new marker in 3 years ive just been getting that one up to snuff, which will be finished as soon as my new frame arrives tomorrow :P I don't believe the RT comes with the lvl 10 built in so I may have to just buy it extra and install myself. Im really llooking forward to this marker.

#5 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:48 AM

RT ULE Custom does indeed come with X Valve and Level 10 :) mmmmm....

And the rail is just sexy, IMO... wouldn't think of using it for a sight.

Posted Image
http://image30.websh...22cfjUGq_ph.jpg

It just works.

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 22 February 2011 - 11:16 AM

#6 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:48 AM

The only drawback is how friggin expensive it is >.> with all the necessary upgrades, im looking at like 560 for just the marker with no barrel and then add on a 100 dollarish barrel and nice hopper and this thing turns into a big investment very fast :dodgy: but, I will happily pay for quality

#7 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:16 AM

Unless you are set on new (I know the feeling - I went to Krazy8 for my Phantom and do NOT regret it) you could probably find a used one for $300-$400 :) But yes, you will still need to add stuff.

#8 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

heres a overview of the tac one i did for techpb and spec ops, The spec ops one on here is slightly smaller due to picture restrictions

http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=48488

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 22 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

#9 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:07 PM

I should thank you, that was one of the good posts I found :)

#10 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

yea im set on new, I like being the first owner of my markers so I don't pay for other peoples bad handling later (like I am now with my sniper).

#11 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

View PostLocknpump, on 22 February 2011 - 04:31 PM, said:

yea im set on new, I like being the first owner of my markers so I don't pay for other peoples bad handling later (like I am now with my sniper).

True - I did with the Longbow I picked up...

But then again I got it all for $450 (with Qloader too).

#12 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:25 PM

eh, I see q-loaders go for 100$ for a full setup, however buying an already set up longbow IS a good deal :P AGD's site is down for me :dodgy: I NEED MY DROOL TIME OVER THAT RT

#13 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:43 PM

Also came with a 68/4500, a pile of various drop forwards, etc....

It was quite the package but the tank fill nipple started leaking and standard ones wouldn't fit it for some reason... so I got my custom Ninja tank ($200 CAD :( ). Used Christmas money to pick up an Empire Proph, ASA, feedneck, etc for ease of use (haven't been out to test the Qloader yet, but it has been well short of reliable for many people).

I'll probably use the Longbow for mostly non-scenario games - the hopper will help with big games, and it's easier if I lend it out to my girlfriend ;) LOL I got her the 280 ball nosecone - it's a blimp.

#14 User is offline   Locknpump 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

Yea I'm not sure how I am going to go about buying everything, either wait to get it all at once, the marker first then hopper, tank and barrel or vice versa.

#15 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

Generally mags are much more cost efficient to buy used. the re-sale of them drops very little. and even normally used mags which sell for 50$ less then the person purchased them for 2 years ago. all you need to buy is a new main spring after all those shots and maybe a new detent. after that it performs the same as when it comes right out of the factory.

So why did I just say buy used if possible, because generally people have extra stuff with it they want to get rid of lol.
If your dead set on buying new, well i can't really stop you.

Get the barrel last, the stock RT barrel is pretty good.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 24 February 2011 - 07:05 PM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users