Special Ops Paintball: Smoking on fields - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Smoking on fields

Poll: Smoking on the fields (39 member(s) have cast votes)

How often do you see someone smoking with their mask off on the field

1. Never (32 votes [82.05%])

Percentage of vote: 82.05%

2. All the time (2 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

3. once in a while (5 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:45 AM

Something i notice on larger fields, where there is around 4-5 refs for 80 or so players in an open game..

i always find players.. on separate fields that dont have games running on, smoking inside structures...

what people do not realize is.. some players.. tend to shoot their markers in what ever direction when they are walking back.. i was even shot walking down the trail heading back to the lot one time by some kid who thought it would be a good idea to shoot where he THOUGHT there was no 1...

if someone were to get the bright idea.. to shoot at a bunker/structure.. you might get shot in the face.. it can happen..

i have yet to go to a field where i did not see smoking is prohibited on fields..
smoking on the field means taking off your goggles..
you might think you are safe because you are surrounded by walls.. about 90% of the structures at the field i usually go to.. do not have roof tops, and last i checked people could not see through walls with their own bare naked eyes..
that being said.. ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA.. smoke in the lot or in the staging area before you head out, and light another one up once you walk off the field/into the safe zone.. (aka where you are not required to wear your goggles..) not only are you breaking at least 2 posted field rules, but you are putting yourself in a position to lose an eye.

now for some of you smokers who are getting ready to troll me for what ever reason you think justifies taking off your mask and smoking ON THE FIELD..

i am a smoker too, not some anti smoker bleeding heart liberal trying to tell you how to live your life..

that being said, for the love of god, keep your freaking mask on at all times on the field, and save the butt sucking for the lot.

This post has been edited by Thumper113: 12 April 2010 - 01:49 AM

Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#2 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:25 AM

When the field is open for business I never see anyone taking their mask off on the courses to smoke. Now when we are there to do maintenance on the field I will smoke on the field and so will a few others. But that is non business days and no one playing on the field. The only time I ever see someone smoking on the field during business hours is when the guys from the loca airsoft event producer are working on their section of the field. When they are there we close off that portion for their safety.

Over the years I did learn that you can smoke with some JT goggles on. I know for a fact you can do so with the Flex 8 and the Flex 7. You can probably do so with any other flex series. One can learn a lot when they wear their paintball gear to a Halloween party at a bar.

#3 User is offline   ger 

• Shine
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:53 AM

Removing the mask for any reason is greatly frowned upon. Most of the time during a scenario I find a handful of guys getting their nicotine fix in the deadbox. On regular I know of has used a cigarette holder mounted in his mask & smoked while in play. That's serious addiction... or just pretty funny.
ger
You bought the brand, not my allegiance.

#4 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:04 AM

Well......since this is in the safety section....I'm gonna go ahead and be that guy.

Smoking is not safe! Doesn't matter where or when. Each and every time you light up, you injure yourself and put yourself in danger. You also endanger and injure those around you.

"Surgeon General Warning: Smoking while paintballing has been shown to cause Emphysema."

Cigarettes are drugs. Drugs are bad. Don't do drugs. /drugtalk
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#5 User is offline   Thumper113 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ace0rz

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

View PostI.K.E., on Apr 12 2010, 11:04 AM, said:

Well......since this is in the safety section....I'm gonna go ahead and be that guy.

Smoking is not safe! Doesn't matter where or when. Each and every time you light up, you injure yourself and put yourself in danger. You also endanger and injure those around you.

"Surgeon General Warning: Smoking while paintballing has been shown to cause Emphysema."

Cigarettes are drugs. Drugs are bad. Don't do drugs. /drugtalk

*sigh* teachers..... :)
Special Ops Paintball Elite - Earned at Living Legends 3
Paintball Explosion
FTP inc.

#6 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

I've never seen anyone smoke while playing, for that matter, no one at the fields smoke even during the off time.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#7 User is offline   Bloody Beetroot 

• Destroooooooooy!!!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Toad24.5

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:43 PM

Bigblue 202 and I always light up a nice cigar AFTER playing paintball :) But during play, I've never seen a smoker smoking.

#8 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:56 PM

Never seen it, but the cig holder through the front of the mask would be epic! It would have me thinking about the original penguin.
Who flung poo?

#9 User is offline   Soyeahwatsup 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SGTWHITEY

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:21 PM

I've seen an old fat guy blatantly smoke a blunt right before he played. He was all over the place. lol

#10 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:46 PM

I saw a ghillie suit smoking on the field once...but I think it was on fire...
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

Normally I see people smoking in the parking lot, haven't seen it much on the field. One neat trick I saw was to use a flexy mask, forget what make it was, and roll the mouthguard up. That lets you smoke, drink (water, of course...), breathe, whatever while still covering your squishy eyeballs. Another trick was to raise the mask so the mouthguard covered your eyes and face, while leaving a gap at the bottom that you could smoke through. So long as you're in a low-risk zone, like a post-game or out-of-play area, I won't scream and holler at you for doing either of those -- I mean, so long as your eyes are covered, you're not going to get mortally wounded.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#12 User is offline   Dark Shadow Hunter 

• Screwball, one each.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dark Shadow Hunter

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:08 AM

MDK that would be a JT Pro-flex more than likely.

#13 User is offline   spartan_666 

• SPARTAN LEADER 666
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:666spartan666

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:43 PM

i have a grove about the diameter of a smoke cut in to my mask so i can smoke with out taking it off.
"GIVE THEM NOTHING BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERY THING"

#14 User is offline   chasbronson 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:chasbronson

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:39 PM

Some people get mad about it ,but we do not allow smoking past the parking lot at our field.The lot is stone so it won't burn. the woodsball field and bunkers will.The people staged next to them and ,or their kids won't have to choke on your second hand smoke.I won't have to go around picking up the cigarette butts and ten people ,to one smoker will be happier for it.I wouldn't spit my red man silver on anyone. Why are most smokers inconsiderate like they are?Thanks to those of you who are considerate.Our lot is 150-200 ft from the staging area ,but some people still moan.

#15 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:24 AM

The automatic response to seeing any removed goggles in the field is to shout 'Goggles !! Put your goggles on', no matter whether you are a marshall or player.

I would equate this with lifting goggles so that the chin area is in front of the face, as a hit will dislodge the goggles.

This post has been edited by Tommikka: 18 July 2010 - 05:25 AM

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users