Special Ops Paintball: Look, Confidence, Respect - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Look, Confidence, Respect What you need to do to get walk on players to follow you in to it. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

I recently did a game a extreme rage in Hollywood and I have the full scale mil-sim set up and my brother runs a similar set up and when we got to the field I quickly stepped up to be a team leader in several games that day and I will say that many of the walk on players that were using rentals and a minimum of either Speedball or mil-sim gear were receptive to what I had to say and were I positioned them and when I got shot out, my brother assumed command and got the win for our team.

A lot of the younger players first thought I was actually military but I explained that I wasn't and after the game plans I used slowed the other team down it was no problem to get them to work with me a little further yet you should also hear what they say about the plan because they my know something you don't.

Get in it: In a lot of games it's common for a commander to remain in base and give orders over a radio. That's not bad but you get more respect from the underlings if your out there in the thick of it with them and that's been proven in real world combat through the decades. You also have to foster the confidence of your team and be firm when you say that your confident in your plan.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#2 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

Once I went to a walk-on game wearing my ACUs. I had a speedball-style pod pack and I had no other mods on my A-5 other than a new barrel. Still two kids around 10-11 come up to me before the ref blow the horn and say "Wow, look at him, let's follow him." Then another guy walks up with a SP-8, a tactical vest, kitted out in MULTICAM and the two kids say "Oh, never mind, let's follow him."

I donno, I guess other players will respect you if you look like you know what you are doing. And it is a good idea to listen to what other teammates have to say, especially if they know the field better than you.

Though I agree with you on the principle of commanders working up front, I must admit I've never actually seen the opposite of that outside of the general in scenario games. And in that case, eliminating him is often an enemy objective. But for the normal squad commander that sounds awfully boring. You might as well stay home and play Company of Heroes if you're going to direct your squad/team via radio the entire game.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#3 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:59 PM

looks are usually enough to get the newbies attention, but it's the experienced players that know just cause you dress like gi joe, doesnt mean you are. one of the best ways to get players to follow you is to get one or two to stick with you, and over the course of a game or two, leap frog with them and stay close knit. once they get your tempo of play and see that it works, they'll gain confidence and start learning how to actually play instead of just bunker camp and sweat.

another good trick is that if you bring someone with you, like the topic poster did, and work with them, they'll pay more attention because it gives them a feeling of a unit, instead of a lone ranger.
Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#4 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

they also listened to me because my brother and I had the radios and my brother was posted in the tower and provided sniper support and observation as to enemy moments. So, gear dose come into consideration especially when you and at least one other on your team have gear the others don't.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users