• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Camelbak Questions Please help!

#1 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:21 PM

After playing a long 8 hour day of paintball, my 2+1 Special Ops Pod pack was killing me. I came home with a huge bruise on my spine from where the tank stuck out and attached to my remote. I saw one guy out on the field with a camelbak. I thought I would try and give one of those a try, though I have a few questions.

1) Can any camelbak open up to allow a paintball tank to fit inside?

2) Can any camlebak have the remote come up in the center of the back? I have seen one, but the only ones that I can find for sale are ones that the remote would have to come out of the shoulder.

I want a small one, that will not get in the way. I found the Thermobak 3L and it looks like what I need. But I need to know if it will allow me to do what I asked in question 1 and 2.

What I am trying to say, has anyone found a great camelbak for carrying your air tank?

If you do, please give me a few suggestions of what you reccommend.

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 26 March 2009 - 06:42 PM

I can answer question 1. Yes.

Oh, you want more info? :dry: I have a look-alike that I got from [Wal-Mart], and it has a pouch for water, but also another large pouch where you could fit an air tank.

As for question 2, mine has a hole in the center for the straw/tube to come out of, so I'm sure you could find a model like that. But wouldn't you want your remote to feed UNDER your arm? For that, you'd need scissors, needle, thread.
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#3 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:39 PM

View PostI.K.E., on Mar 26 2009, 08:42 PM, said:

I can answer question 1. Yes.

Oh, you want more info? :laugh: I have a look-alike that I got from [Wal-Mart], and it has a pouch for water, but also another large pouch where you could fit an air tank.

As for question 2, mine has a hole in the center for the straw/tube to come out of, so I'm sure you could find a model like that. But wouldn't you want your remote to feed UNDER your arm? For that, you'd need scissors, needle, thread.

Ok thanks. Yea I want the remote to go under my arm. But the Camelbak I am looking at has it running out of the shoulders so it would be right next to my neck.

Do you get what I am saying,

Thanks for the help.

#4 User is offline   Mech CB 

• Warn: (50%)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mechanical CB

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:42 PM

I have been through many a camelbak. I am familiar with very many different sized/shaped models of the camelbak system. Is it possible to get what you want from camelbak? Yes-but it's gonna cost you a little. As long as you don't mind payin up, you should have no problem getting what you need. What size tank do you carry?

#5 User is offline   Mech CB 

• Warn: (50%)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mechanical CB

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

I went to www.camelbak.com and was gonna grab a pic or two of a camelbak that would work, but there's so many you'd be better just going and looking for yourself. Once you find one you like, go to www.froogle.com and search for it.

#6 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:30 AM

View PostMech CB, on Mar 26 2009, 09:42 PM, said:

I have been through many a camelbak. I am familiar with very many different sized/shaped models of the camelbak system. Is it possible to get what you want from camelbak? Yes-but it's gonna cost you a little. As long as you don't mind payin up, you should have no problem getting what you need. What size tank do you carry?

I was looking at the Thermonbak 3L. And I will most likely just be using my little 48/3000 tank. Do you know if the Thermobak 3L will work? Thanks.

#7 User is offline   Slivers 

• The charred ghost of Slivers
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Slivers

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:29 AM

The Mini Ambush style camelback should fit your needs. I was looking into this with the same criteria before I just got a vest.
Posted Image
Flying straight above the steady stream of stars.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users