Special Ops Paintball: ALIEN vs PREDATOR: Total Carnage by Mission Masters - Special Ops Paintball

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ALIEN vs PREDATOR: Total Carnage by Mission Masters Three Rivers Paintball - June 20, 2009 Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#196 User is offline   SN toter 

• Yes, I had a Super Nova
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:SN TOTER

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:42 PM

View PostDrothghight, on Jun 23 2009, 10:33 AM, said:

I one-ball people constantly and conserve tons of paint. I move around all the time, too. I don't really understand the point that pump forces you to move and shoot better when a good player can do that with any kind of gun. Honestly, that's my belief. I don't overshoot, I don't coat people down, I always move around, and I one-ball people in the gogs at least one out of every two eliminations. Playing paintball in general forces you to move. LOL I agree that many players believe that their guns can replace their brains and common sense, but it's not true for all players.

Maybe I should have phrased it different. I'll give you that a good player will always play and move smart with any gun, that's skills and experience. But more firepowerpower gives you mroe options, you can't argue that. Maybe I shouldn't have said move 'smarter' - I should have said 'move more'. You have to be more careful when picking your shots, especially if you know you are going to give away your position. There is just more consideration and on the fly decisions that you have to make. Just play one full day with a pump, just one, and you'll know what I mean.

One thing that I believe pump absolutely, without a doubt helps you hone is snap-shooting. I mean, when you snap out, you've got one shot. Semis can toss out two-four balls sometimes when they snap, but with a pump you're definitely forced to train your eye and hands to be spot on because you're outgunned. In these types of instances, I can agree that a pump would hone your skills.

Very true :) When I played speedball tourneys back in the day we would practice snapshootining in the offseasion(1v1 - one pump/one semi) to do that.

Jason, in all fairness, that pump isn't what made you a good player. :) Come on, it's not like you played like crap BEFORE you picked up your pump and then all of a sudden were uber with it. You were good before the pump, so it works for you.

I agree. I have 15 years of playing, multiple tournaments, reffing, etc.. - that's all experience and skill building. I'm not saying that pump made me a good player, playing paintball made me a good player. I will say that playing pump has helped me do certain things on the field better though(regardless of what marker I'm shooting) - and that's all I was trying to say. Take my word for it BT, spend a summer playing with a limited paint/air marker(pump or pistol), and you will see what I'm talking about.
Posted Image

#197 User is offline   Drothghight 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:45 PM

I see what you're saying. Problem is, I don't have a pump and just bought that Tac-8. I would say that playing with the T8 or any pistol is still very limiting, even though it's semi. 8 shots with CO2 is very limiting. I guess when I'm ready for a new challenge, I'll try it. I promise that I will try it sometime, I'm just not at that level as I haven't been playing for 15 years. I've been playing for 3. LOL
B.T. "Hollywood" Robertson
Mission Masters Design Mercenary and Scribe
Posted Image

#198 User is offline   Crimson.Soldier 

• Cheaters Suck
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Crimson.Soldier

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:53 PM

View PostDrothghight, on Jun 23 2009, 04:45 PM, said:

I see what you're saying. Problem is, I don't have a pump and just bought that Tac-8. I would say that playing with the T8 or any pistol is still very limiting, even though it's semi. 8 shots with CO2 is very limiting. I guess when I'm ready for a new challenge, I'll try it. I promise that I will try it sometime, I'm just not at that level as I haven't been playing for 15 years. I've been playing for 3. LOL

I've only been playing for 2. Just need to go out there and do it really. Thats what I did. I went out on the field with my ACP and only my ACP on time and I was hooked. It was such a rush being in scramble mode all the time (it was a rec day, small field lots of people, it was crazy :) )

I did really well too. Just cover and fire when I had the opportunity. Just had to remember that it only took one ball to eliminate a player.

AVP sounded like it was a lot of fun for FEAR and the pistols. Wish I could've played :)

#199 User is offline   SN toter 

• Yes, I had a Super Nova
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SN TOTER

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:56 PM

View PostDrothghight, on Jun 23 2009, 02:45 PM, said:

I promise that I will try it sometime, I'm just not at that level as I haven't been playing for 15 years. I've been playing for 3. LOL

Lol, I was just saying that for me, it was time that made me a good player. I can tell you right now BT, that 3 years for you has done at least what 15 did for me, you're a hell of a 'baller :) I can't wait to run belisde you when you're rocking that Tac 8.
Posted Image

#200 User is offline   Drothghight 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

Thanks Jason. :) I've run with FEAR the last two MM games. Perhaps it's time I join BoB because I haven't run with you guys for quite some time. Gotta make my rounds because there's only one Hollywood baby!!!! LOL!!!! :)

But yeah, I defintely wanna try it. I need some more mags, a nifty holster rig, and some other minor things before I can rock the pistol/pump. But my goal is just that this year.
Posted Image

#201 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:47 PM

View PostDrothghight, on Jun 23 2009, 05:57 PM, said:

Thanks Jason. :P I've run with FEAR the last two MM games. Perhaps it's time I join BoB because I haven't run with you guys for quite some time. Gotta make my rounds because there's only one Hollywood baby!!!! LOL!!!! :P

But yeah, I defintely wanna try it. I need some more mags, a nifty holster rig, and some other minor things before I can rock the pistol/pump. But my goal is just that this year.

If I'm not using my stuff you are more than welcome to use it. Mags, holster, pouches, etc. Maybe you can get a day before 'NAM to play some rec ball and break yourself into the pistol scene.

You just have to jump in head first and say "I'm probably going to get lit up a bunch of times until I get the hang of this, but I don't care!" And you will probably feel like a total noob out there. Getting shot a lot, always out gunned, making moves that your pistol can't support you in. Then once you've realized that you need to start at the basics and work from there, then you start improving. You look at your available moves and evaluate them, pick out the one that offers the best cover or the best angles. It might take you a while, but your decision making process becomes better, faster, and eventually nearly subconscious. You already have great snapshooting skills, so you just need to learn the feel of your pistol and you'll be top notch there.

Really, choosing your moves and planning ahead subconsciously are the biggest things I've learned. Now I rarely find myself in a bad spot. I find those bunkers that give me that angle. I just know on the spot when I need to run. Take the dummy run I attempted. Given the information I had (little resistance in the immediate area) I was the first to recognize that and the first to make a run. Yeah, FEAR ended up being right over the ridge, but my gutsy run inspired my teammates to try as well. You just get a feel for when you need to push and when you need to stay put. You just think more without realizing you are thinking.

#202 User is offline   Drothghight 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:47 AM

Very good points. I have two weeks of vacation before 'Nam in July, so I should definitely get out there once with my pistol to get used to it. Using it at the 'Nam game for the first time will likely frustrate me, but I don't know. I'd rather not risk that kind of shelling, so I may just do that.

I'm picking up one magazine shortly here (thanks Brad via Karl) and if I could borrow your gear, Jackson, that would be awesome. But, I want to try to get some of that gear here soon if I can find something that works well. Ideally, I want four magazines total, a 3-mag pouch, and a holster, all of which is secured to my hip rather than my thigh. I have 3 paint tubes, but probably need more than that and also some type of tube holder for the field as well.
Posted Image

#203 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:31 PM

HC Vid guys!
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=oH3nn0m6YDQ

Sorry it took so long, been really busy

#204 User is offline   Varnel 

• Team F.E.A.R Co-Captain
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Varnel

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:59 PM

Amazing stuff from such a fun day! Just wish I got better footage of the three people I got behind the same house. As it is you can see the first really good, the second about half, and the third ou couldn't even tell what I was doing.

Ohh and Jackson, you are fast son!

#205 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:02 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MEMRRaR6xt0

Game play video. Please note this is all live action stuff...no staged filming

#206 User is offline   Varnel 

• Team F.E.A.R Co-Captain
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Varnel

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:23 AM

Nice stuff man! :dodgy:

#207 User is offline   DeadEye93 

• Total Resistance Paintball
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DEADEYE93

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:34 PM

Oh em gee....deadeye is still alive? what? :dry:
Total Resistance Scenario Paintball. Sponsored by Mission Masters.
http://www.trpb.net http://www.missionmasters.com
You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, or that you didnt get the girl... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it.

46% of teens engage in pre-marital sex. 89% drink before the age of 21. Put this in ur sig if you think that pandas are the chillest animal alive.

Share this topic:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users