• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Pump Discussion Thread V.1 Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:11 PM

take the thing apart and see if your missing anything, or if the cupseal is worn out. its pretty easy to take the beast apart, pics!!!! or you could send it to me and i can work on it? :D
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#32 User is offline   protocoach 

• Is there redemption? No. No there is not.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:PROTOCOACH

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:15 PM

View PostLomarandil, on Oct 31 2007, 09:11 PM, said:

Seriously, what is the big deal about pump stroke... well, if you were autotriggering, I could see it leading to less motion and steadier shots, but especially for stock class players who are rocking between shots anyways, does a smoother pump stroke really make all that much of a difference for yall? I know for me it doesnt.. and the larger profile of the sniper-style pumps was far more irritating than the slightly lighter pump stroke warranted.

Lo

It's nice to have a smooth pump stroke. It's not maybe completely necessary, but it's just a nice thing to have.

View PostStang, on Oct 31 2007, 10:00 PM, said:

I'm not feeling the new Palmer's pump, it looks desperate for originality in my opinion.

Same here. I've never really liked the Blazer, but I always figured, hey, if it's going to be cluttered up with an ugly hopper and tank, it doesn't matter if the gun ain't all that pretty, but on a pump...you gotta have style.

And off other topic, anybody heard anything about when Have Blue is going to have K-frames back in stock? He's been emailing me sporadically, but I'd like to know if anyone has any other info. The lack of a K-frame is the only thing keeping me from sending the P68 into Palmer's to get prettied up.
Oklahoma D-Day '05 (352nd ID), '06 (352nd PJ), '07 (352nd PJ), '08 (352nd PJ), '09 (352nd PJ). It was a good run.

#33 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:20 PM

View PostCamoDeafie, on Oct 31 2007, 11:42 PM, said:

i'd tell you to pump quicker, but man, with these sharks (i had 2 lol) its never the same story depending on the paintball....but i can say this, practice practice practice! did i mention, PRACTICE!?

I was pumping as quickly as I could (not easy with a rough, heavy stroke). I had used the same paint in it plenty of times before without double feeding. That day it decided to be a pain in the arse. I decided to quit fighting it. Plus I like to mod.

I wish I could get more practice. I don't play all that often, and I'm at college so I can't even go in the back yard to target shoot. It was tough with the double feeds because the first ball would get pushed past the wedgits and start rolling out only to be smacked in the back by the second ball resulting in a wonderful spew of shell and paint. So far I've only really played once with a pump, and that was an all-pump day at a nearby field. We had guys from all over come (Canada, Detroit, Maryland, Virginia, etc). So I got owned all day. I tried playing at a scenario game in Sept but it rained all day and shooting unregged CO2... yeah, big clouds out front, you can't see where the paint is going and I'm not very familiar with the flight path, so I need to see the ball. And then I tried on the "double-feed" day with no success.

November 23. Black Friday, they use frozen turkeys instead of flags. :D I'll be playing again.

#34 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:33 PM

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA ever considered polishing everything to a mirror shine and then see if you can get a smoother stroke? i believe the tigershark;s spring maybe a bit STRONG
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach

#35 User is offline   xkpxfattyxx 

• Say WHAT?!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:47 PM

So those anyone have an answer to my question?

Having a smooth pump stroke is a nice touch. Not a necessity, but a preference. I'd rather have a super smooth stroke then a horrible rough one. Maybe you don't care, but i do.

#36 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:55 PM

pump blazer.... linky to the one you speak of? it makes me think of the PPS blazer converted to a pump, sort of like a typhoon from a stroker
ex-gunwhore

#37 User is offline   Jackson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:00 PM

View PostCamoDeafie, on Nov 1 2007, 12:33 AM, said:

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA ever considered polishing everything to a mirror shine and then see if you can get a smoother stroke? i believe the tigershark;s spring maybe a bit STRONG

Well, I've taken steel wool to the internals to clean them up. A Dremel polishing wheel is the next step. The plastic body is still rough inside and needs cleaned up. So I know it can be better. The spring is a bit strong... but stock most only shot around 250. I made some shims to boost that to the 300 I'm shooting now. :D Only adds to the stiffness.

View Postsnipa fo life, on Nov 1 2007, 12:47 AM, said:

So those anyone have an answer to my question?

Having a smooth pump stroke is a nice touch. Not a necessity, but a preference. I'd rather have a super smooth stroke then a horrible rough one. Maybe you don't care, but i do.

I can deal with my Tiger Shark now. Smooth stroke isn't a necessity. It's a nice feature, but not a make-or-break aspect for me.

View PostCamoDeafie, on Nov 1 2007, 12:55 AM, said:

pump blazer.... linky to the one you speak of? it makes me think of the PPS blazer converted to a pump, sort of like a typhoon from a stroker

The Blazer pump kit? It's been out for a long time. Shut the LPR off and manually pump the Blazer. I've heard the pump stroke is decent but nothing to rave about. The new PPS pump is supposed to be godly buttery smooth. And there's pump kits for Typhoons, possibly for Strokers too. (I think you have your names mixed up. Typhoon is a scratch-built PPS semi, Stroker is a Sheridan style pump converted to semi)

This post has been edited by Jackson: 31 October 2007 - 10:01 PM

#38 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:17 PM

pdt ftw!!!
I've sold my other pumps and my Outkast sniper is looking better and better :D I'm really getting good now too, I played some guys who played XPSL and sent a few to the dead box against their electros. one wiped though :/ i don't know what else to get for my Outkast now though, i have a reg, on/off, and slider any suggestions?
edit:I think the pps pump would look good if it didnt have that big ugly stock

This post has been edited by Mighty Mike: 31 October 2007 - 10:19 PM

#39 User is offline   Custom Cowboy 

• Heavy Gunner in a Kilt
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Custom Cowboy

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:41 PM

And as for a double barrel lever action, it would be single lever, single trigger. Two sears connected to one trigger. If Saber can do it with one trracer, I'm sure we can figure out how to do it with two eventually. I need a CNC machine. Anybody have one for $50 or less? I've bought too many guns and can't afford anything serious.
Orange Duckslide and Superstocker due in the next couple days. Nasty Houndstooth due next week!!!
That will make 8 pumps. I live a sad and lonely life off the paintball field.
www.shatteredangelspaintball.com

#40 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:04 PM

well i dont think theres a cnc machine for $50 or less. but you could try renting one?? :ghillie: :) ive some designs somewhere on how to effectively make it work, and as for trigger set-up, im not quite sure yet, but ive an idea on how to do it so that you;d have a long linkage arm to the trigger itself. it'd have to have a direct feed set up, no 10 rd tubes, unless you wanna try that? and CC, i do too, i do too, i buy too many pb markers and not sure what to do with them all muwahahahahahahaa :D
ex-gunwhore

#41 User is offline   Pwnt 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Pwnt

Posted 01 November 2007 - 03:09 AM

Hang them up on your wall, and take one down each night to sleep with beside your pillow. Thats what I do. Congrats on your incoming nasty CC. Which of your new pumps will you use first?!
How much do CNC machines range from anyway?
So is it just me or does the new pump look JUST like a blazer? Down to regulator placement and (im assuming) the lpr? Or whatever that happens to be on the left side? I hope Palmer makes a SC-Feed for it. I'd like it to rock back. Theres definately enough clearance over that barrel!

And smooth pump strokes are definately good/necessary to a point. Between a phantom and a sniper? I'd say the difference is negligible. Between a phantom and a PGP? Dear god, give me the phantom. With the PGP, you can literally feel each and every portion of the action. If you've never pumped a PGP before, you'll think it was broken. You sorta have to SLAM the arm back to cock it quickly! But the pgp has its quirks I <3 it.

#42 User is offline   Jackson 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:04 AM

View PostPwnt, on Nov 1 2007, 06:09 AM, said:

So is it just me or does the new pump look JUST like a blazer? Down to regulator placement and (im assuming) the lpr? Or whatever that happens to be on the left side? I hope Palmer makes a SC-Feed for it. I'd like it to rock back. Theres definately enough clearance over that barrel!

Looks, yes. Is it? No. It is made from the same extrusion as the Blazer, but there are distinct differences. The "lpr" is not a LPR. Why would you need one on a pump (unless it's PA)? It is in fact a Stabilizer. It is in the same place, but longer. The "ram" is not a ram, but a pump guide. It adds stability to the pump and allows for the easily removable Blazer bolt.

I would have liked to see the pump arm connect through the "ram" instead of having two rods... I'm sure Craig tried this and didn't like something about its performance.

#43 User is offline   Erndogg 

• Team Suburban Support
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Erndogg

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:21 AM

Ok, what is the the faded out yellow thing under the pump arm in the pic of the new PPS pump? I am going to laugh if its something blatently obvious and I cant think atm ><

I miss my stocker >< I really need to have that sent in and get fixed

edit: is there a price yet?

This post has been edited by Erndogg: 01 November 2007 - 07:22 AM

#44 User is offline   Custom Cowboy 

• Heavy Gunner in a Kilt
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:28 AM

I will probably start with the nasty and then go to the Duckslide.
And PGP strokes are smoothed out somewhat with a Cooper T delrin bolt. I'm not sure why but my stock PGP is way harder to cock than the one with a cooper T.
Also, my guns are already on the wall, but I won't have one next to me when I sleep. I would end up with paint on my ceiling because I already play paintball in my dreams. I don't need an actual marker in my hands.
One more thing; the new pump, I'm not diggin it. Its too mainstream looking. It needs some crazy new look to it. Or why not just build in stabs and other stuff on the sides of a houndstooth?

#45 User is offline   Custom Cowboy 

• Heavy Gunner in a Kilt
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2007 - 07:30 AM

It looks like a vertical grip for the pump arm, but I wondered that myself because it looked weird. And I think they said $600-$800

Share this topic:

• (1001 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users