Special Ops Paintball: Limited Ammo Recreational Paintball or L.A.R.P. - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Limited Ammo Recreational Paintball or L.A.R.P. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Tripwire 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Tripwire

Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:55 PM

I am considering starting up a limited paint recreational leage in the Ontario (GTA/ Durham) area. Right now it is just a idea that myself and a couple of other player tossed around. We thought it would be fun to get into the wood and play with a little more stelth and strategie then fire power. We would play one or two days a mounth at a commercial field. The topic of gun restrictions have come up, so any input on that or other suggestions would be great. All the rules have not been hummered out. I just trying to get a feel for the number of players that would be interested and then I can approch a field or two with the idea. This is not going to be a tournement league, just people who like to creep and crawl and make their shots count. :(

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:35 PM

I really like the idea, but I think that adding marker restrictions isnt the best idea, anyone who wants to join up would be in for the idea of usuing less paint, so instead of them going out a buying a small hopper or a tac-cap just for thier marker it would be easy-er for them to just play hopper ball.

As far as teams go you would want even teams, regardless of numbers ( 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, 5 vs 5, 10 vs 10, ect ect)
So basically I think that if you approched this idea as more of a challange to players in Ontario then a full blown leauge you may have better luck, Plus this also allows everyone to join in on the challange regardless of commitment, if you find people are really getting into it, Start up a leauge.

I just recieved my winchester hopper so im treading the waters of low capacity games.

#3 User is offline   Yakkers 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:41 PM

First I'd like to point out that the acronym "L.A.R.P." is already in common use, it stands for Live Action Role Playing. Pretty funny actually.
http://en.wikipedia....le-playing_game

More on topic, I'm nowhere near Ontario, but I think it sounds like a great idea. It would make players play like pump, but without actually using pump guns. This would also be great for players who want to try a more stealthy game but don't have pump guns. I think this would balance out pretty well, since most of the gameplay would be using shots only when necessary, but in the event that a player needs to shoot fast, he is able to as long as he doesn't mind wasting too much of his limited paint supply.

#4 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

I saw Larp and was like lols :)

Intense :unsure:

I did not read the actual post.. Just the title.

#5 User is offline   Lao Yan Qiang 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

I have been involved in promoting limited paint usage for over 3 years now. Having explored many different options at many different fields, the best format I have experienced so far is the Platoon Leader rule set created by Andrew Ferguson at Command Decisions Wargames Center near Hickory, NC. A modified version of the Platoon Leader rule set was recently used at Veckring, France with over 200 players.

It is however, not the only limited paint format out there. Strategy Plus in CT and Tim Schloss (anybody remember Tigerstripe) in MO have both been running limited paint formats for a while. One of the most unique limited paint fields is CQB in Toronto. There is a limited paint conference next week in Vancouver where yet another limited paint format is going to be revealed. Seems limited paint ideas are being used everywhere these days.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users