• This topic is locked

Need help,i'm starting Need to find a good mechanical marker Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Stealth961 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:34 PM

Hi all.
I'm new on the forum and I need advices to get my own marker.
First of all:i'm on a very thight budget,230$ for all my stuff(marker,pellets,co2 and mask)
After,I only purchase mechanical marker,because i dont really trust electronical with CO2(HPA cost too munch for me)
3rd,I live in Canada,so if you tell me a marker and his price,put the price in CA $ please.
and at last,I dont like to shoot fast,i'm a king of sniper that like to take down others whit 3 bullet max.

So here is what I want:
precise,reliable,cheap and effective.
weight dont really care because I can play whit a 3.5Lb gun(putted additionnal weight on a marker to check how heavy i can easily fire and travel.
and for the mask,pellets and CO2 i'm goin to check out that.
I aleardy got a look on 98Custom,Piranha GTI,Sonix and Vector.
Spyders don't bother me,until they're good.
Hope for an answer soon.

MAJOR EDIT: please note before posting that my marker is aleardy brought.

This post has been edited by Stealth961: 25 August 2009 - 08:53 AM

Newbie in the sport,i'm just trying to dont make most newb's mistakes.

Marker setup:
Tippman Bravo One
12 Oz CO2 tank
GXG 200 rounds hooper
And a homemade Guillie camo kit

#2 User is offline   Malu 

• VSC Phantom Owner
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:AutomagSniper

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

View PostStealth961, on Aug 3 2009, 04:34 PM, said:

Hi all.
First of all:i'm on a very thight budget,230$ for all my stuff(marker,pellets,co2 and mask)
After,I only purchase mechanical marker,because i dont really trust electronical with CO2(HPA cost too munch for me)
3rd,I live in Canada,so if you tell me a marker and his price,put the price in CA $ please.
and at last,I dont like to shoot fast,i'm a king of sniper that like to take down others whit 3 bullet max.

So here is what I want:
weight dont really care because I can play whit a 3.5Lb gun(putted additionnal weight on a marker to check how heavy i can easily fire and travel.
Hope for an answer soon.

Oh the irony. A topic originally posted in the Sniper area moved to the newbies corner! Lol.

Hey man, 98 Customs are very tough markers. Out of the options listed it's probably your best choice. But for $230, why not an A-5? I don't know what $230 is converted to USD, but for $216 shipped you can get a full Tippmann A-5 (the 98 Customs big brother). Here's a link. Here are some review on the Tippmann A-5.

This post has been edited by SEAL: 03 August 2009 - 04:49 PM

#3 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:38 PM

You should also consider a quality mask to in the purchase.

#4 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:57 PM

For starters, paintball markers shoot paint, paintballs, or balls. NOT bullets. Please do not use that term again.

Anyway, your accuracy actually comes from two things -- your paint to barrel match, and your air source's consistency. I do think some markers are more accurate than others, but only because they're held to tighter tolerances... what I mean is a high end marker like a Mag or Borg is inherently more accurate than something like a Spyder. That said, you won't get anywhere in terms of accuracy unless you have a good paint to barrel match, especially with co2.

As for what to buy, buy a good mask. So many people make the mistake of putting like $250 into their first marker, but play with $20 goggles, and it ruins their day because they can't see. I would look into some nice masks, like Vforce, some JT masks, and Proto masks. I would spend at least $60 on a mask.

As for the marker, 98 Customs aren't that bad, but Tippmann has taken a nose dive these past few years. After reading about the cracked 98C frame on MCB, I can no longer suggest them to anyone.

If you like the Tippmann idea, buy a BT-4. It's basically a hybrid of the A-5 and 98C, which makes a lot of sense, really. They run about $110, and can handle a gravity hopper fine. That would be what I suggest, unless you are interested in Automags, but that might raise your budget a little. I WOULD NOT buy an A-5 (or a 98C) but especially not an A-5. It is exactly the same as a 98C, but with a different shell... it's just bulkier.

Finally, buy a 20oz co2 tank. Should be more than sufficient.

Also, anything I listed is in USD.

This post has been edited by StealingYerMail: 03 August 2009 - 05:57 PM

Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

#5 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:38 PM

View PostSEAL, on Aug 3 2009, 06:49 PM, said:

View PostStealth961, on Aug 3 2009, 04:34 PM, said:

Hi all.

So here is what I want:
Hope for an answer soon.

Oh the irony. A topic originally posted in the Sniper area moved to the newbies corner! Lol.

Hey man, 98 Customs are very tough markers. Out of the options listed it's probably your best choice. But for $230, why not an A-5? I don't know what $230 is converted to USD, but for $216 shipped you can get a full Tippmann A-5 (the 98 Customs big brother). Here's a link. Here are some review on the Tippmann A-5.

Because an A5 isn't actually any better than a 98? I'm selling a 98c for $60 USD in the B/S/T right now. For $10 more I'll throw a mask and CO2 tank in there for you. PM if interested.

#6 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:46 PM

Before a marker I would focus on a mask. The masks that come with starter packs or are sold for ~$20 are cheap. They work for a day or few of playing, but in general are uncomfortable, restrict your viewing angle, and are difficult to breathe in. They may not fog the first couple times you play, but after a few washings their anti-fog coating wears off. I personally recommend JT Spectra's if you're on a budget. VForce Shields are a nice alternative. You don't have to spend a whole lot to get a good mask design, just don't go cheap.

As for a marker, I recommend looking at a few used markers. That way you get out of the beginner marker segment and find something that will last and is built more a serious-minded player. I recommend looking at finding used Classic Automags on eBay/craigslist. Tippmann Pro/Carbines are another great option. Pro/Carbines are built levels better than the currently produced Tippmann models, and even BT markers. They're both markers that hold their value, are built solid, and don't fall into the abyss of mass produced beginner markers currently made. Used markers are really nothing to fear so long as you get a good marker design, and can save you a great deal of money.

As for the size of a tank, It depends on how much you shoot. I would try to buy a tank size that you feel will cover what you will be shooting for a whole day. I personally get by with a 9oz and love it. The smaller, slimmer, 9-12oz tank sizes are much more comfortable to wield around.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#7 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:50 PM

Check your local pro shops, Toronto has several. They may carry used gear on consignment.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#8 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:58 PM

Also look in the B/S/T's for older used mech blowbacks. The older Tippmann Pro-Series or the older Spyder Classics are waaaaaaaaaay nicer than anything put out today.
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#9 User is offline   Stealth961 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:38 AM

I,m goin to look at those suggestions today.The BT4 look like what I would need(and it dont have the handling handle isnt curved,what i hated from the 98c)
but for the marker,175$ is thew avg. max of the purshace.I usually clean my mask whit rubbing alcool 45% and after a no-fog treatment.
gona update soon.

PS:sry for the use of bullet,i'll tell pellet now(i'm french,so my secondary 3 english is a bit bad).

Marker setup:
Tippman Bravo One
12 Oz CO2 tank
GXG 200 rounds hooper

#10 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:55 AM

I'm not sure if Bronson and Bronson offer any other packages besides the one on their main page: http://bronsonandbro...ntball/catalog/ but contact them and see.
Sunday, August 23, 2009 B&B is having a Survivor game, winner gets a BT Delta($400.00 cdn). You could always try your luck.

Check out Badlands: http://www.badlandsp...m/packages.html

BT4 package ( Includes: Ben Tippmann BT 4 Combat, Pure Energy 12oz tank, JT Radar Mask, Flex Squeegee, 200 round loader, ER Oil, and Barrel Sleeve.) is $185.00
They are located at:
35 Stoffel Drive Etobicoke, ON
1170 Sheppard Ave W., Unit 43 Toronto, ON
1660 Upper James St. Hamilton, ON
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#11 User is offline   Stealth961 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:03 AM

btw im from quebec,so I dont plan to buy a marker in Ontario.Sorry for telling it a bit late.

Marker setup:
Tippman Bravo One
12 Oz CO2 tank
GXG 200 rounds hooper

#12 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:05 AM

They do mail order as well. I'm not familiar with Quebec paintball sites.
Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Stealth961 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:19 AM

anyway i'm goin to BX paintball,the nearest pb shop I found.I really think that i'm goin to buy a bt-4.It look like what I really need.

Marker setup:
Tippman Bravo One
12 Oz CO2 tank
GXG 200 rounds hooper

#14 User is offline   Stealth961 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:30 PM

Well,my purchase is done:Tippmann Alpha Black Bravo One,cheap viewloader,VForce Shield mask,12Oz CO2 tank and 1000 Draxxus Bronze pellet. all cost me avg. 320$.
Didn't fire it but tomorow gona look more closelly at my beast.Look is simply too munch amazing.

Marker setup:
Tippman Bravo One
12 Oz CO2 tank
GXG 200 rounds hooper

#15 User is offline   StealingYerMail 

• always throwin bass
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:StealingYerMail

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:50 PM

Yeah, I've seen Alpha Blacks at my local store, they do actually look pretty beast. It will shoot/operate the exact same as a 98C or A-5. As long as you dig the make-up, it seems like a solid choice.
Maggot #53
MacDev 06 Cyborg, AGD Tac-One
Death before Smart Parts Feedback

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users