• You cannot reply to this topic

Empire Reloader B Piece of junk Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:21 PM

Well, my Ricochet shell broke and I figured it was time to upgrade my loader. I got what I thought was a good loader, and shelled out $108 for an Empire Reloader B. After testing and use, however, I am left somewhat disappointed.

Pro's:

1. Fast. This thing is relatively fast, and can keep up with 15 BPS fairly well.

2. Force Feed. The Reloader B pretensions the balls to ensure the next ball is ready to chamber.

3. Sound-activated. Maintaining an audio sensor in ready mode takes very little power. As a result, the Reloader B uses hardly any power when you're not actually shooting (as opposed to the eyes on a Halo :dodgy:.

4. Quiet. This loader hardly makes any noise.

Con's:

1. Too sensitive. Simply clicking your solenoid or the balls rolling around in the loader may cause it to try to feed.

2. May cause double feeding. Weak detents and double feeding are a known problem with any force-fed loader. However, the extreme sound sensitivity compounds the problem, as the motor attempts to turn and exerts additional force on the paintballs. This can often result in double feeding when you have not been shooting for a while. I was forced to install an extra ball detent in one of my Mag bodies to combat this.

3. Often skips on long strings of paint at high BPS.

4. Heavy. I knew this when I bought it.

5. The shell's shape around the battery compartment should probably have been "fleshed out" a little more. There is a shot trap just behind the battery compartment. It catches shots instead of deflecting them, and, worse, it can be hard to tell it's been hit.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 11 May 2008 - 07:38 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#2 User is offline   junckie25 

• Junckie25
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Junckie25

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:56 PM

Wierd it doesn't do that for me and when I play speedball it can keep up with my 18 bps with ease.
Smile.... tomorrow will be worse.

#3 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:11 AM

That sucks man. To shell out that much money and be disappointed.. Did you call to see if it was defective yet?

#4 User is offline   UWANNAGO 

• Im kind of a big deal, people know me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:UWANNAGO

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:46 AM

Sounds odd...

Try returning it...see if a new one works...I have used reloders forever and never had problems...have you tried turning sensitivity down?

Peace,
Teddy K

#5 User is offline   silent killa 

• Get 0wned Son!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Silent Killa

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

I have that same hopper and i have never had any prblems with it, the only thing i didnt like about it was that the shell of the loader is kinda weak i got hit in the loader and it started to crack and it wasnt even from that close.

#6 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:52 PM

I've decided to sell it. It's just going to create too many problems, and there's another hopper that fits my needs better, the Viewloader VLocity. It has adjustable tension so you can configure it to match your detents.

This post has been edited by WardenWolf: 01 May 2008 - 06:53 PM

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"

#7 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:39 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on May 1 2008, 05:52 PM, said:

I've decided to sell it. It's just going to create too many problems, and there's another hopper that fits my needs better, the Viewloader VLocity. It has adjustable tension so you can configure it to match your detents.

get a board and rechargeble batterie for it

gangstar board

and the realoder is not a piece of junk you just got a lemon
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#8 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:26 PM

Haven't had any problems with mine either. Yours is probably a lemon, but whenever I get a lemon I'm usually not willing to try again either.

#9 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:40 PM

Hey, how much felt recoil does the emag have? I noticed if I tap on the backplate of my reloader B, it easily activates the motor. I can clap right next to it and nothing happens...it needs the gun firing to work. Maybe your marker has a lot of vibration and the reloader just isn't good with a mag?

#10 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:01 PM

Mags have very little recoil due to their blow forward design. When you pull the trigger, the only things that move are the sear and the bolt. It's not that it's not activating. It's that it has too much tension. I managed to get it working by having one of my ULE bodies drilled for a second ball detent. That eliminated the double feeding problem. However, it means I can only use that loader on that one mainbody. I still need another loader that will work with my other guns.

#11 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:06 AM

you could try making noise while you turn it on...makes the sound sensitivity less

#12 User is offline   BlueDragonX 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlueDragonX

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:37 AM

View PostQC MAD KID, on May 6 2008, 10:39 PM, said:

View PostWardenWolf, on May 1 2008, 05:52 PM, said:

get a board and rechargeble batterie for it

gangstar board

and the realoder is not a piece of junk you just got a lemon

You shouldn't have to get a new board to make a $108 loader work. For that amount of cash it should simply work when you take it out of the box.

I have a Halo B that's got its own problems. I have two other loaders, though, so I've shelved it. I much prefer my Torque over my Halo B any day of the week.

Ghost Recon - Chord Mag - E-Mag - Stiffi vs. C-Series
"Smart Parts, Debunking Sir Isaac Newton one paintball at a time." -Arstron (on AO)

#13 User is offline   c_riley5169 

• Hi my name is Cam, and I'm a Lounge-aholic
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CAM51

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:22 PM

hmm.. well good luck with the Vlocity.. the only hopper i've ever used was a reloader (i've had a few) and never had a prob..

#14 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

View PostBlueDragonX, on May 7 2008, 09:37 AM, said:

You shouldn't have to get a new board to make a $108 loader work. For that amount of cash it should simply work when you take it out of the box.

I have a Halo B that's got its own problems. I have two other loaders, though, so I've shelved it. I much prefer my Torque over my Halo B any day of the week.

believe when he said get a gangster board he was speaking of the vlocity board upgrade. Your point is still valid, just thought I'd clear that up.

I used to have problems with the reloader trying to force the balls in too fast, and crushing balls. Thankfully there was a ref at my field who knew how to adjust the force applied each time it activated. haven't had any problems since I had it adjusted. sorry to hear you are having such problems with it
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#15 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:24 PM

Well, the thing seems to be working okay now. I've got dual detents on my centerfeed body and a hopper feed off a warp body. The warp body doesn't double feed, either, even with a single detent. This eliminates the need to use the Powerfeed bodies with their weaker detents. Now that I have no more Powerfeeds in service, I can live with this for a while. I still want a VLocity to replace it. This thing is heavy.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users