Special Ops Paintball: Vault Commercial - speak out against it on youtube - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vault Commercial - speak out against it on youtube

#16 User is offline   Phantom Flanker 

• 10% warn for a year can't remember why
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:phantom flanker

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:25 PM

i said the same thing when i saw the commercial on web dog radio with bud light. But you cant help it... nows there a need a painter? one where a guy tries to paint his house with a paintball gun.
coming soon flashy graphics

#17 User is offline   Falconsfight 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Falconsfight

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:30 PM

Its just a commercial. I winced at some parts and laughed at others. Shows and commercial r going to use any sports product to help their ratings or sell their wares. Unfortunately shows and commercials will keep this trend up no matter who it might offend, but that is the way it is sometimes. Its worth mentioning that nobody seams to bothered by the lack of goggles used on most youtube videos. Unfortunately that trend may never change also.

#18 User is offline   weldonl 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:weldonl

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:40 PM

View PostTu_Padre, on Nov 1 2007, 04:29 PM, said:

The chicken part was great.

I was crying laughing during that part... is baiting illeagle in paintball :dry:.

Honestly I didn't think the vault commercial was that bad..

The only thing I worry about is people watching those, then going out and playing
outlaw ball with other non experienced players.. and thinking its OK to lift your
mask with live markes around.. then if someone gets hurt.. that gives paintball
a bad name.
GO-Rillas paintball

#19 User is offline   Huff n Puff 

• Elite Sabre
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HUFF N PUFF

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:08 PM

No commercial, movie, TV show that I've seen has shown paintball properly. This vault commercial obviously horribly represents paintball. I'm disgusted by it, but that's how they want to show it and there's nothing I can do about it now (I can't even boycott the stuff cause I hate the drink and only bought one about a year ago).
Elite Team 6 Rocks
Fire? Yes Please

#20 User is offline   QUEEG 

• QUEEG 500/Scott Grieger/Z-Barf
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUEEG 500

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:16 AM

Well, I thought it was freaking stupid. Not funny at all. However, I don't have a problem with it. There are bigger threats against our sport right now, so I wouldn't get concerned with a soda commercial.

BTW, I like how all the shirts said, "PAINTBALL".

This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.
PM Me if you want to know why my signature is legal...Its actually the most reported thing on the forum these days -Tenacious

#21 User is offline   Factor 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Factor

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:30 AM

glad to at least have some people see my point instead of busting my chops for sticking up for the sport

maybe the people that took ME too seriously need more time in the real world because the fact it for me this was a quick post - i'm not trying to be Hillary Clinton

fact is fact - it's an unsafe portrayal
Digitally Dangerous: Factor this ...

#22 User is offline   Delta Force Zero 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta Force Zero

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:38 AM

View PostFactor, on Oct 30 2007, 09:37 PM, said:

You Tube Vault Commercial URL

it clearly shows scenes of players lifting their eye protection and no barrel bags

i made this comment

"this is FILTER DODGE because it portrays the sport of paintball in an unsafe way. anyone removing their eye protection around live paintball markers would be ejected from the field"

to which some dude replied

"OMG need to get a life...it's a commercial not a personal assault .....you really took offense to a commercial?...oh im sorry are you retarded? dude sorry i didnt know."

Everyone post on youtube and make a statement about how strongly we feel about the safety and the image of our sport!

Sad thing is, I've actually seen this on T.V. over here in Ohio...
MY SALE M4A1 CARBINE FOR SALE: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...=0#entry1763291
You could be really nice and sign our guestbook so we can get 1000 signatures, and get our site for free!

.:DECC PAINTBALL:.
DECC PAINTBALL: Dangerously Effective Combat Controllers
www.freewebs.com/gapaintball

#23 User is offline   SHRIMPED! 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SHRIMPED!

Posted 04 November 2007 - 02:00 AM

Hah. If you think that's bad...

link removed because of language

This post has been edited by 1-I: 05 November 2007 - 02:31 PM

#24 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:01 AM

View PostSHRIMPED!, on Nov 4 2007, 09:00 AM, said:

link removed

Why would the Spaced version be worse than the Vault commercial?

The main objection to the commercial is the lifting of masks mid game.

In the Spaced episode there is only one point where the mask is removed in the field - and in the 'dramatic affect' of the death scene.

They wear Scott goggles only/no face mask - This is TV and it allows for the characters to be recognised
They over do paint splats - it is tv
In the duel scene they warn against the danger of a close proximity/shot in back of the head
In the death scene he takes off his goggles, in Vault there are at least 4 occasions that goggles are lifted mid play.

In Spaced it is taken too seriously - there is the war element and the rivalry element. But people sometimes do take it to seriously.

Finally Spaced paintball is taken into context of the series and the people who watch that series.

In Vault it is a commercial, so is open to all viewers depending on when and between which programmes it is shown.

This post has been edited by 1-I: 05 November 2007 - 02:30 PM

#25 User is offline   GHOSTRECON12 

• is an alaskin with night vision goggles
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GHOSTRECON12

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:16 AM

its a VAULT commercial. theyre not made to be taken seriously. really dude..he chucks a squirrel. come on. im not gonna go try that later and definatly not gonna play paintball with my mask lifted up for a half second. no biggie.
We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender--Winston Churchill

#26 User is offline   GHOSTRECON12 

• is an alaskin with night vision goggles
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:GHOSTRECON12

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:19 AM

View PostSHRIMPED!, on Nov 4 2007, 02:00 AM, said:

how many times do i need to kill this link

simon pegg and nick frost are the funniest team alive. nuff said.

This post has been edited by 1-I: 05 November 2007 - 02:33 PM

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender--Winston Churchill

#27 User is offline   1-I 

• Creator of the number 7
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:1-I

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:38 PM

now i liked that vault commercial, i even know a couple of kids who started playing paintball this year because of it.
you know what the first thing they said to me in the store, "those guys are idiots for taking off their masks"

this tells me one simple thing,
WE ARE NOT DOOMED BECAUSE OF FICTIONAL PICTURES ON A GLASS BOX!

now im happy that so many people are all for the safe portrail of paintball but lets all keep in mind what is suppose to be a silly joke and what is a bad showing of paintball (8-mile, vandals, and poor sportsmanship)

by the way the link that i killed was because of language, not because of how they were playing.
Posted Image

Glory is for the weak.

#28 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:24 PM

I don't know, I thought it was kind of stupid. Nothing to get upset about; the only thing I'm complaining about is the lack of real facial protection. They could at least have used some real goggles, which would have made it a batter commercial that is more viewer friendly.

#29 User is offline   MidnightShadows 

• I am wery wery sneaky sir!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:MIDNIGHT SHADOWS

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:14 PM

Although it does show people playing paintball in what all of us know to be an unsafe mannor... I think it's pretty obvious that the commercial was made "tongue in cheek" as it were.

I work in radio as a Production Manager and make commercials that "bend reality" all the time. No, it's not lying. But tell me, how many folks OUTSIDE of paintball would find that commercial interesting if it just showed one guy destroying another team in a "normal" game of paintball? Sure, to us it would look great, but the rest of the world just wouldn't care, because it wouldn't be funny and they probably wouldn't be able to follow what's going on.

On the flip side of this, I recently saw a CSI: New York which started out with a game of night paintball in an alley... two speedballers going one on one with each other. Of course, it ends with one of them getting shot with a real gun.... but it was still cool to see that paintball has become a big enough sport to make it into something as "prime time" as CSI.

#30 User is offline   tnert 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:tnert

Posted 01 December 2007 - 05:36 PM

ya thats comercial people for you but just cause of a inaccurate commercial wont make me stop drinking vault. although i dont know how they came up with him throwing a squrrre?.

if we cant do it. it doesent need to be done
official sabre #132
Team Evasive Action
my amazing sponser pbsports.com

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users