Special Ops Paintball: what is a good sniper marker for $140-$230 bucks - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

what is a good sniper marker for $140-$230 bucks Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   crazymerc547 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:crazymerc

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:16 PM

Hey i am looking for a sniper marker for 140-230 dollars because i am tight on money, and i was wonderin what if anyone had any ideas?

#2 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:24 PM

Welcome to the Forums..there arent any "Sniper" markers..do you want something that looks like a Real Sniper gun? or a Marker that is Quiet, Accurate, Light, and low Profile? if thats the case than a Black CCI Phantom is your best bet

This post has been edited by T-Freak: 26 August 2008 - 04:52 PM

Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:34 PM

as previously stated there is no such thing as a sniper marker. We can point you in the right direction to a solid marker if you can get beyond the positions concept. You dont have to play a position, just play paintball.

If you have HPA i would advise you to get a proto slg or if you have Co2 to get an automag. I would rather you get the automag so you dont have a ridiculous rof ,becuase when just starting out you dont need any of that, you need to learn skills not to fall back on fire power > skill.
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#4 User is offline   SFC. Connell 

• *Extreme Strategist*
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SFC. Connell

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:34 PM

well t freak like your sig btw haha but anyways i believe that a phantom yes is an awesome and accurate marker BUT sometimes pump arent the perfect marker for the player. So to me for your price range...I've heard nothing but good things about the SP-1, if not the SP-1 you can find a pretty cheap Ion on these forums and those are extremely quiet, compact, light, and upgradable...and even when stock they look more like a speedball marker they have bodykits to make them more "tactical" or MilSim. Thats my personal opinion. But otherwise the phantom...if pump is your style is a great marker as well.
Feedback

She faked a funeral so people would come visit?
ROFLMAO That's both terrible and hilarious at the same time.-Pirate

#5 User is offline   crazymerc547 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:08 PM

while this is my first forum i have been playing for 2 years and own a spyder sonix, but yeah i know what u guys mean as in there is no "sniper marker" i did'nt phrase it quite right i kinda ment a gun for the sniper position. i have never played with a pump gun but it sounds interesting but not my kinda style.

#6 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:31 PM

When asking about markers you should state if you are using HPA or CO2.

#7 User is offline   crazymerc547 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:22 PM

i also get what you mean by not falling back on firepower vs. skill cause i meet noobs who buy markers like mr2s and suck terribly, while i can easily beat the with just a sonix, and i use c02

#8 User is offline   Kontract Killa 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kontract Killa

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:38 PM

do you want amarker that looks like a sniper's rifle ( God, it feels so innapropriate to use it in paintball context!!!) or a marker that will have accuracy, low noise, and be low profile?

like T- Freak said, a black Phantom would be good, but if you are not the kind of guy that likes pump lay, thats is fine. a Tippmann is a good gun in that range, though some on the forum will disagree. you can make them look like anything, but they are a bit on the loud side. an automag can be fitted and fabrict=ated to look like a real gun, but you will have to custom make most of the parts. other thatn that, the SP1 is a great marker, and if you want a functional gun, id say Mag, SP1, or even a tippmann with the right upgrades.

oh, and welcome to the forums.
The Free 19th.

#9 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:51 PM

cough pump sniper cough (yea its an actual gun)
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#10 User is offline   EthanB08 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ETHANB

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:46 PM

Sling shot, silent, limited ammo, easy to move with, easy to conceal, it is a small target, good co2 and air effeciency, it has a universal bore match, usually cheap, and relativly easy to find. Other than that I got an MR1 with a red/green dot and it is just lovely to snipe with, and its quieter than my friends tippmann.
Spetsnaz, When the only way to kill a terrorist is by a backflipping hatchet attack.

#11 User is offline   ilerman 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 26 August 2008 - 11:14 PM

I personally would recommend an Automag. They are a little more complicated than your Spyder, but not to horrible. Also after you get the mag, you can save some cash and have Noxx55 place it in a wood stock for you and voila! a low profile rifle that could easily be used for a sniper role esp. with one of his springfeeds instead of a hopper. I believe there is one for sale in the mechanical markers B/S/T section right now as well.

A phantom is also a nice choice for pump play. I personally loved mine but couldn't find enough interest in pump play.

Either way you choose, go with what you like and don't let people on here influence you in a negative way. Afterall everyone on here can simply give you their opinions!

This post has been edited by ilerman: 26 August 2008 - 11:15 PM

If any of your gear uses batteries than you have already lost!!

#12 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 28 August 2008 - 06:47 AM

automag, phantom, sp1, 98 custom (it's what I used for a while), idk, there are others, find one that fits you... *cough* automag *cough*

#13 User is offline   Steed 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:29 AM

Spyder, doesn't really matter which kind but since the marker is about 20% of the player, if not less. All you need is something reliable, dependable and simple to maintain and that's a Spyder. I'd say go with an E-Spyder for the simple fact that mech Spyder triggers frames have a pull like a car door and not nearly as many options for changing that with all the new options. Tippmanns are nice but over priced and too expensive in the long run with upgrades.
I don't recommend a pump unless you're willing to loose, ALOT. The learning curve for pump play is alot steaper then playing with a semi, yes your skills will be more honed but that's a long road to learn on when you're going out with 3 bps (that's really your fastest average) against 12-15 easy.

#14 User is offline   crazymerc547 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

thnx all of you, i am thinking aobut getting either an mr1 to snipe or getting an ion and saving up money for a longbow upgrade

#15 User is offline   Arian57 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:arian57

Posted 30 August 2008 - 02:11 PM

Sling shot, silent, limited ammo, easy to move with, easy to conceal, it is a small target, good co2 and air efficiency, it has a universal bore match, usually cheap, and relativly[sic] easy to find.

Best. Idea. Ever.

Now to start practicing...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users