• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hammerhead Barrel Review... Hammerhead Barrel Review... Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:57 AM

are the shark tooth barrles any good , how is their accurcy?
Hello everybody. Im back.

#47 User is offline   Kmart Shoppr 

• Yankees Suck.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:K_mart_Shoppr

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:25 PM

i talked to a hammerhead owner who said that the fins are too short to guide the ball and that it is better to match the ball to the actual barrel than the fin because only the barrely is rifled... agree? disagree? im thinking of buying the barrel from him- what do you think?

#48 User is offline   Sir Brass 

• He who bears the mark of those infected with Palmeritis
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sir Brass

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:13 PM

View PostKmart Shoppr, on Jul 24 2006, 06:25 PM, said:

i talked to a hammerhead owner who said that the fins are too short to guide the ball and that it is better to match the ball to the actual barrel than the fin because only the barrely is rifled... agree? disagree? im thinking of buying the barrel from him- what do you think?

I'd disagree with that. Hammerhead's thesis that the fin is to create the seal, then let the ball expand some and catch the rifling is theoretically sound, IMO. Hammerhead has a STATEMENT as to why their fins are the way they are.

IIRC, the actual barrel is .690. I was shooting .686 paint out of it today and it was shooting tighter groups than my PPS Brass barrel B) :blink: :blink: , believe it or not! Now, if what that owner says is true, then I would NOT have been shooting as tight a grouping! From what my own tests can tell, Hammerhead's argument for their short fins and their claims of extreme accuracy are quite true. Haven't been able to conduct true range tests yet, so their claims on that have yet to be validated, but yeah.

That owner was probably using poor paint, or inconsistant air, or something. I've heard too many opposing claims, all actually holding true with each other though each was independantly tested, and I've seen for myself the accuracy of the barrel.

Yeah, the barrel kit works as advertised. If you have the $$, I'd advise you to pick up a 3 or 5 fin kit for yourself.
PPS Blazer (BZ2431): Veera, CCM SS-25: Emily
CPPA Member 1334
Famous last words: "Aw, crap." ~ Jake

#49 User is offline   Epic Change 

• XAPB.com
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:49 AM

id u buy it from spec ops does it need a fin to use it on ur gun?
Hello everybody. Im back.

#50 User is offline   Sir Brass 

• He who bears the mark of those infected with Palmeritis
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sir Brass

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

Yes. The fin is what other barrel kits call the "back". You match your paint to the correct back piece (fin), screw the hammerhead barrel into the fin, and then screw the assembled barrel into the marker.

You might consider buying from ebay, unless you really want the brigade points. I essentially got the same thing SpecOps is selling (except I got a pro series barrel, not a battle stix barrel.....only difference is the looks on the outside....battlestix is straight till the porting, and the pro series is ribbed....everything else, including the inside of the barrels is the exact same, and it came with cocker threads and a cocker barrel to A-5 adapter), which is the 5-fin kit, for $100 less by finding a deal on ebay.

Or consider buying directly from hammerhead if you want to get just a 3-fin kit (save money), and simply just select what 3 fins you think you'll be most likely to use.

I'd advise buying from specops if you can't find a decent deal on ebay and want to buy a full fin kit.
PPS Blazer (BZ2431): Veera, CCM SS-25: Emily
CPPA Member 1334
Famous last words: "Aw, crap." ~ Jake

#51 User is offline   volume 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:48 PM

After reading everything everyone has said I am really thinking about getting a HH! Even though I have read everything here I am still a little doughtfull if it works as advertized.Just a natural thing when everyone says there stuff is the best.I just wanted to say, the riffled barrel really works as shown on the web site?!It just looks so good but I also know a company can show you anything they want in an add to look good.THIS BARREL REALLY WORKS AS SHOWN IN ACCURACY AND RANGE?!?!?!Thats all I would like to know.

Thanks for you help and replies!

#52 User is offline   DEADRED 

• DEADRED
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:red9860

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:34 PM

my brother played a tournament in germany with his C/O and got the chance to use the hammerhead battle stixx barrel and he said it was more accurate than his freak kit
couldnt the mod just remove the part related to outward comment???
whata nuisance

#53 User is offline   redarmy27 

• Get a good look now, you won't see me later.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:redarmy27

Posted 06 October 2006 - 07:05 PM

Great review man! I saw your pic on Hammerheadpaintball.com before I read your article here! Kinda funny. I ordered my kit for my A-5 about 5 days ago, the battlestixx and I'm excited!!!
"I think I'm going to make a broad patent on "crap". Then SP will have to pay me royalties for every marker they make." -JerseyPaint

98% of Teens today have smoked Pot. Only 2% have not. If you are one of the 1% that think these Statistics are bogus... put this in your signature!
9 out of 10 teens listen to rap. If you're one of the few that stay true to progressive metal/classic rock, put this in your signature!
~~Put this in your sig if you are a christian baller~~

My feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...'s+feedback

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users