• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

stupid mistakes daggers make Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Enleft 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:03 AM

just wanted to ask you guys what you thought the stupidist mistakes daggers make are.

One that i see a lot of people make is to move too far ahead, when they're not really sure what they're going to do. Then they get stuck out there because they thought they'd look cool. The only real advice i have for people like that is to know where the enemy is, and don't be stupid.

Another i see alot, is people trying to bunker without support. This is the stupidest thing one could possibly do. Unless you've got cover and your taking the enemy by surprise, don't bunker.

Another i see alot is people going out there with the wrong equipment. DO NOT try to play dagger with the wrong equipment. This means attacking too heavy or too light. Im not saying that you should let your gear decide your position, but do not play dagger with a pump, or a gun thats too heavy for you (literally, too heavy, not speed wise) or with a pistol, or with equipment that doesn't help you. Don't wear a huge pod pack, or use a barrel thats so short that it does't help you. A 3in barrel only hurts your accuracy guys, and it doesn't help you move faster. Also dont go crazy with milsim stuff that limits your ammo or anything else.

The final and stupidist thing i see happening is people who are either pushed into becoming a dagger, or who want to be a dagger, but don't really play like a dagger. DONT LET PEOPLE TELL YOU YOUR TOO TALL OR FAT TO PLAY DAGGER!!!! Its a style, not a shape. vice versa, dont try to be a dagger if you don't play like one. Saying your a dagger and then buying all the gear is okay, but only if your going to be up there bustin butt in the front lines. IF YOU CANT STAND THE HEAT, GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!

#2 User is offline   The Stuntman 

• I feel like I'm taking Crazy Pills!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:The Stuntman

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:35 AM

Another i see alot is people going out there with the wrong equipment. DO NOT try to play dagger with the wrong equipment. This means attacking too heavy or too light. Im not saying that you should let your gear decide your position, but do not play dagger with a pump, or a gun thats too heavy for you (literally, too heavy, not speed wise) or with a pistol, or with equipment that doesn't help you. Don't wear a huge pod pack, or use a barrel thats so short that it does't help you. A 3in barrel only hurts your accuracy guys, and it doesn't help you move faster. Also dont go crazy with milsim stuff that limits your ammo or anything else.

Overall a good post, but I disagree with this part.
Equipment has little or nothing to do with how you play this position - its 100% attitude.
I routinely play Dagger with a pump or even just a couple of pistols and do just fine.

#3 User is offline   Bielerga 

• The Chemist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Seaspray

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:21 AM

I think that you can play dagger with almost any equipment, however there is equipment that will help you perform better and refine your skills. I've always been an advocate of specialization. However, I use a 5.5'' barrel and I can tell you it does help with maneuverability and its just as consistent as a 14'' at all the ranges I play at.
I am an arms dealer, fitting you with weapons in the form of words

BLOOD FEST OCT 27TH HALLOWEEN BIG GAME Oh,IN,KY Teams

#4 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:26 AM

I biggest mistake a dagger can make is lossing track of his paintball and air supply. True daggers always top up when they get a chance and try to keep a full hopper ready.

This post has been edited by slinkyaroo: 13 December 2007 - 11:28 AM

#5 User is offline   CrAzEd pumpkin 

• asian balla
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ROK

Posted 13 December 2007 - 12:35 PM

i agree with stuntman cause i think french toast uses a pump in dagger.
and youve mentioned something i do a lot whiec is move up to far and cant move back cause of all the heat.
but overall good post
-i got my avatar changed :(
-spyder owners club 115
-if you dont believe in paintball ''snipers'' or have never been shoot by a person in a ghillie put this in your sig
-98% of this forum this tippmann pwns all, if you are the 2% that disagree put this in your sig
-if your favorite fodd is peas put his in your sig :)

#6 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:24 PM

I'll probably take flak for this but, the stupidest mistake any player can do is try to pigeon-hole themselves into playing a certain position. Being a Dagger is great until you flank wide and the rest of your team gets ambushed, in which case, you'd better be able to switch to Sniper real quick. The different positions are great but, if you can't play all positions reasonably well (with the exception of Hammer), then you are a detriment to your team.

#7 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:36 PM

Don't play Dagger with a pump... ha! That's probably the "position" pumps are best suited to!

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#8 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:42 PM

View PostZ3R0, on Dec 13 2007, 02:36 PM, said:

Don't play Dagger with a pump... ha! That's probably the "position" pumps are best suited to!

-Z3R0

i agree. pumps are perfect for dagger.

but i also don't believe in the specialops positions. I think it's more of a marketing ploy honestly. I'd rather have a team of well rounded players who can adapt to any situation.

#9 User is offline   SwampThing 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mach1muscle351

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:34 PM

I think pistols are better suited for the daggers play style then a pump.

#10 User is offline   toxic t0ast 

• If I cant dance, I dont want to be apart of your revolution.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:french t0ast

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:47 PM

I got my [ELITE] while playing pump.
I have now picked up a semi for a game in almost a year
Well at EW, I started a game with a borg, never even got to shoot it before I got out :\
Lame semis :D
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Representing the Hate five oh! (850-Ska-core)<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/thespanx" target="_blank">The Spanx (Our folk/indie band)</a></div>
<div align="center"></div>

#11 User is offline   Fashion assasin 

• rock me Amadeus^ OMG! i have 2 blockies!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:fashion assasin

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:51 PM

I agree with the thing that you shouldnt tell peaple what they cant do , because a 250lbs dagger would probably scare the living poo out of the guy your bunkering and the round would bounce of him. (hope this wasnt insulting, i just have an odd sense of humor)

anyway, I might be diggin myself in ahole, but i do any position with my generally speaking ..ghuillie-MP5-Machie gun. I might just be saying im a sbre , but sabres are daggers too, there everything.

I do not read the specops dagger thing beacause after reading it, it doesnt help you tactic wise, because a newb knows this stuff off playing Halo. Its just to make you buy the guns. it irritates me. they dont even come up with any new tactics to help us like they claim to do so much.

Amen, my sermon is done.

I have 20% warn , im such a rebel!

#12 User is offline   QUEEG 

• QUEEG 500/Scott Grieger/Z-Barf
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QUEEG 500

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

Well, I've learned to seriously scope things out before making a mad dash. Overall, I've done much better because of it. Just don't be too quick to act, look before you leap, and you'll be great.
As far as equipment goes, it doesn't matter. I can think of a few guns that would seriously cause a detriment to your skills as a dagger.
For example, a marker with a long stock and a 22-inch barrel. Maybe even an A5 made to look like a saw,(box full of pods, a bipod, etc.). In most cases, you'll be good to go.

This post has been edited by QUEEG: 13 December 2007 - 08:08 PM

This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.
PM Me if you want to know why my signature is legal...Its actually the most reported thing on the forum these days -Tenacious

#13 User is offline   EPIC_Fox 

• filth.fm
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EPIC_Fox

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:34 AM

Most "daggers" here do or have played pump on a regular basis. I know im one of them that does.
Boss Paintball

#14 User is offline   P V 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:46 AM

i play pistols when i play dagger .. i've got a electro mokal set up for dagger (reverse asa) but i only ever use it if someone wants me to play sabre.

.. i suppose it depends on what style of player you are in general... a sprayer or a player :D

i have left these forums do to unequal moderation, please feel free to email/MSN me for all communication

#15 User is offline   Mitch Force 

• [l__(CRAYOLA)__l]>
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 December 2007 - 09:29 AM

I play with pump or electro, the only difference is I have to really challenge myself if I play pump. I have to make my shots count, because I only have 10 shots then I need to reload. I usually play with an electro more though, because I'm used to the feel of it, and I can put out more paint if I need to.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users