Etek 2 Planet Eclipse next etek line

#1 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:37 AM

Okies we've all heard the rumors, but for those of you who haven't

here they are, next line of eteks following up this basic designs and functions of the egos

Posted Image

it carries out the same specs of the ego with a few twinks

so far 3 color schemes have been released

all black
Posted Image

brown
Posted Image

and ice
Posted Image

p.s. i did search before posting

This post has been edited by DZ Unit-1: 29 November 2007 - 01:03 AM

Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#2 User is offline   blackraven64 

• What more do you want?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackRaven

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:48 AM

Here's the writeup from Pbnation.

So that is exactly what you get with the new Etek2. You still get all the great benefits of the original Etek but combined with a whole host of advancements passed down from its big brother, the Ego8 range. For example: both the LPR and HPR regulator sport the exact same internals as both the Ego8 and SL74. New lightweight hard anodized aluminium pistons, durable captured regulator seal and coil spring construction give the regulators high flow rates, improved shot-to-shot consistency and quicker recovery times. But not only have these changes improved the performance of the Etek2, but they also reduce the weight of each part as well as make maintenance a far simpler task. No more Bellville shim stacks to drop, count and arrange each time you lube and re-build your reg.

Then there is the new OOPS (On/Off/Purge) system with the integrated T-Rail mounting. The T-Rail offers the sturdiest possible connection between the OOPS and frame, yet still allows the positioning of the tank with over 1” of lateral adjustment. The new OOPS internals offer effortless operation, even under pressure from the air tank, yet durability has been improved and can be serviced without the need of tools.

The area of the Etek2 that has seen one of the most radical changes is the frame assembly. Inside the frame, under the grips, the circuit board has been re-orientated to allow quick and easy removal, again without the use of tools. In addition to this the design has become more modular allowing, for example, the plug-n-play installation of different weights of micro-switch that will allow the player to tune the trigger feel to their personal preference. And to save any kind of confusion there is no way to accidentally plug the wrong device into the wrong socket on the board. Each socket and plug has a unique pin number that makes incorrect connection impossible.

Running down the rear you will find a new moulded rubber console that is flanged to lock into undercuts in the frame so that it can’t be accidentally removed or fall out of place. It houses the power and function button, and the same 3 tru-color LED display indicators as the original Etek. These 3 clever LEDs allow easy programming of all the user definable parameters by greatly simplifying the programming process. The top LED indicates 10s of units, the middle displays 1s and the bottom shows 0.1 increments. Need to set your dwell to 12.5ms? That’s 1 flash of the top LED, 2 flashes of the middle and 5 of the bottom. It couldn’t be easier.

As well as dwell, the Etek2 has user definable settings for Ball-in-Place, Eyes Off ROF, Cap ROF (uncapped in Semi 1), Debounce, and Firing Mode. As standard the Etek2 has firing modes that should cover almost every tourney eventuality, with Uncapped Semi, Capped Semi as well as current CFOA, Millennium and PSP modes.
Other changes to the frame mean that the grip position at the rear of the frame, as well as the trigger pivot point, have been raised closer to the barrel axis allowing for a more intuitive and comfortable sighting line. The rear contours add an extra degree of comfort to the grip position, and an integrated snatch grip in the frame makes on-field transportation that little bit easier. Inside the XL trigger guard is a new trigger with a flatter face and no lower hook, and is interchangeable with previous Etek triggers.

Feeding into the frame from above, the BBSS (Break Beam Sensor System) and dual ball detents can be found beneath the contoured Nexus eye covers. For those after a little more bling in their breech, the BBSS assembly can be upgraded to the lazer eye system, available as an upgrade.

Staying in the area of the breech, clamping feed-tube attaches directly onto the feed stub machined out of the body billet. This not only produces an incredibly strong feed location for the loader, but also allows the incorporation of the Deftek technology feed tube. This neat little device massively reduces the chance of balls entering the breech and then bouncing back up, only to be chopped by the bolt coming forward. Without adding any ball-in-place delay you can confidently assume that the ball is neatly chambered every shot and initiate the firing cycle with the shortest possible delay. So not only does it prevent annoying breech breaks, but it aids firing at the very highest rates of fire.

In order to maximise the potential of all those loaded and fired paintballs, this year sees the Etek2 come fitted with a Shaft II 2-piece barrel, with its micro-honed and polished internal bores to provide the most accurate results possible. Supplied with a 0.693” bore back and 14” reverse threaded tip.

The body of the Etek2 has been lightened and gently sculpted to distinguish it from the original Etek, with the new Etek logo machined directly into the body, and the machining of the regulators, caps, barrel and OOPS all designed to complement the whole.

So, the bottom line is that the Etek2 has been overhauled in a way that makes it feel better, shoot better, make it easier to maintain and service, make it more reliable, make it more desirable, make it more robust and of course make it look better too. Not only has it accomplish all these things, but also managed to do it in a package that weighs 4.5oz less than the marker it replaces, hitting the scales, ready to go, at exactly 1kg.
At launch the Etek2 will be available in two strikingly different ranges of 2-tone colors as well as the classic combination of black black and black.

The Etek2. Teknically Superior.

Available from Eclipse Dealers and Distributors from December ‘07

Features:
• New Lighter Body
• New Frame with Improved Ergonomics and Snatch Grip
• New Flatter Blade Trigger
• New Modular Electronics
• New Interchangeable Micro Switch
• New 2008 On/Off/Purge with T-Rail Mounting
• New 2008 In-Line Regulator w/Aluminium Piston and Coil Spring Operation
• New LPR Assembly
• New Shaft II 2-Piece Barrel
• New Packaging... Delete this as the first 1000 will not I believe !
• Triple Tru-Color LED display
• Micro-Switch Trigger Operation
• 5 Adjustable Firing Modes
• Trigger-Pull Programming
• Tourney Lock
• Deftek Offset Feed Tube
• Clamping Feed
• Nexus Eye Covers
• Break Beam Eyes (BBSS)
• Dual Ball Detents
• Fully Adjustable Trigger
• Pull-Pin Bolt Release
• Integrated Valve and Rammer Housing
• Full Tool Set
• Spares Pack
• Eclipse Gun Oil

Available Upgrades:
• Etek STAR Frame and QEV
• Etek Zick Kit
• Eclipse Lazer Eyes Kit
• Eclipse Beeper Board (when used with STAR Frame)
• Eclipse C-Lever Clamping Feed Neck
• Eclipse 05/06 CCU Color Contrast Kits
• Eclipse SL Barrel Kit

Length: 543mm
Height: 223mm
Width: 29.4mm
Weight: 1.00Kg/2.2lb/35.5oz *

*Weight includes: Barrel, Battery, OOPS, Hoses, Fittings, Feedtube, Regulators, ready-to-go

#3 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2007 - 12:54 AM

sounds pretty smexy already

thanks black raven

This post has been edited by DZ Unit-1: 29 November 2007 - 12:55 AM

Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#4 User is offline   Galihad 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Galihad

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:24 AM

I think the brown one looks pretty interesting. Though I'm not sure why they chose that color scheme over a more popular scheme. Other than maybe it wouldn't show dirt as badly, or poo...
Christian paintballers -beating the hell out of satan with tiny balls-
Sabre #117
My feedback!:click here

#5 User is offline   Self Medicated 

• General Apathy
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Self Medicated

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:03 AM

Any price released yet?

#6 User is offline   heisman01 

• "the appraiser"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:heisman01

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:00 PM

i like the ice and brown being original when not much originality in pb is left :evil:

#7 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:11 PM

View PostSelf Medicated, on Nov 29 2007, 10:03 AM, said:

Any price released yet?

i think i heard like 575$ Canadian
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#8 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:24 PM

actually, i heard about the original price gonna be the same as the first eteks that came out, like anywhere from $700 to $800
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   anjin3515 

• Anjin
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ANJIN3515

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:15 AM

kind of getting more and more interested in these.....

#10 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:40 AM

Planet Eclipse makes some of the most excellent, high end markers around the globe
built with great qaulity materials, and quality milling design, performance that soars, and keeps on flying, easy to maintain, exceedingly lighter than majority of the markers that exsist today, easy to control functions, there is very little you can do, to upgrade a already superior marker, to the point of perfection with the latest in planet eclipse technology
the etek 2 is but another asset at a lower than ego cost, to give you the most performance, that keeps on giving and giving
etek 2 = tek-nically superior, this is one, i'm most definantly gonna be recieving
i can't wait to get it ^.^
even though i'm no longer with my old team that used to be sponsored by planet eclipse, i've never been able to leave their products, its hard for me to ever buy another marker from other than egos, no marker simply fills that "tremendous power" that only planet eclipse offers when i hold one of their markers within my grasp
majority of the markers i've owned is from planet eclipse, and i still represent their superiority on the fields, where ever i go, planet eclipse will always be my number one brand of trust, performance, and quality to excel beyond all others

-huff huff- phew
its easy to say i'm in love with the new etek

although their choice of color schemes are different, i stay all black and purple

This post has been edited by DZ Unit-1: 30 November 2007 - 05:43 AM

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:23 PM

Pssst! Try an 07 Cyborg! :)

#12 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:38 PM

View PostThirdI, on Nov 30 2007, 01:23 PM, said:

Pssst! Try an 07 Cyborg! :happy:

i wish my store would carry some
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#13 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 30 November 2007 - 10:59 PM

I like...

But out of those, I like just plain black the most...

#14 User is offline   mrwaterbuffalo 

• still lives with his parents
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mrwaterbuffalo

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:00 AM

View PostQC MAD KID, on Nov 30 2007, 11:38 PM, said:

View PostThirdI, on Nov 30 2007, 01:23 PM, said:

Pssst! Try an 07 Cyborg! ;)

i wish my store would carry some

pfffft, you don't need the store!

You've got ThirdI and myself right here!
Still misses DoN ;_;
All my friends are mods now

#15 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:04 AM

Hey look guys...its an ego5...

-Tenacious

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic