• You cannot reply to this topic

Advice Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sniper55 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Sniper55

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:59 PM

I am the tactician/commander of our group and does any one have an idea on how to move noobs.
I don't lead from the rear but sometimes there are those guys who won't help hold the line or who run when a paintball or two comes our way. On one occasion i was leading two guys who were "supposed" to provide cover fire for me as i moved up. They saw the feet of an enemy player poking out of a bunker and they ran off leaving me unprotected. They are also those who huddle up behind a bunker as soon as the game starts not knowing the importence of taking alot of ground. Any ideas on persuading noobs to move forward.

This post has been edited by Puzuma: 06 July 2007 - 10:59 AM
Reason for edit: Removed incomplete tags

#2 User is offline   deerpoob 

• hey i know you from down my barrel!
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:deerpoob

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:47 PM

you cant just force them the only thing to do it to encourage them and show them how excitiing and fun running up and shooting is and after a few games they will get more use to the fighting and they should hopefully change there ways if not i dont think there fit to play paintball, at least on a team...
<O_O> i will rule you <O_O> i will rule you<O_O> i will rule you<O_O> i will rule you

#3 User is offline   wmcommander 

• woods maddness commander
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spagochi

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:19 AM

You could allways act like the Russian Military and shoot at your own tropps if they retreat :( . lol.. Or you could just lead from the front. And if they dont follow you than after the game talk with them and explain what just happened (you asked them to follow you into fire and they chickened out). Alalize why they dont move and then give them some confidence. Dont worry just give it some time. I have been playing commander for about two years and have run into this problem MANY times. The only thing that can give a newb currage is support, time, and experience. Good luck.
Play hard, Practice hard, and most of all kick butt!
IPB Image

#4 User is offline   Fontain 

• I am every where and no where
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fontain

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:36 PM

I have this problem alot, most fields i play at have alot of newbs and out of my group of friends i usually command.I lead from the front and this is what i do;pair them up with a more expereince player, i usually take a guy and my buddie and brother each take one, this way they can follow somebody and r more likey to move up farther and not retreat.Depending on the size of the team or stradegy and u cant do that then put them all in one group and have someone that nos what their doin stay with them and try and get them to move whle u and the other players do ur thing.

From my expeirences standing back screaming orders doesnt work and they wont do what u say and u'll lose them for good.No one likes someone they dont no screaming at them.If u no all the people ur commanding then they could lose respect for u and if they do then they wont follow ur orders

#5 User is offline   wmcommander 

• woods maddness commander
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spagochi

Posted 04 July 2007 - 01:00 PM

This is very true. I have found in my years of experience that you get NOTHING done when you are behind your troops. They just sit there when they come under fire. Sometimes the best way to lead is in the front, at least your team will follow you into combat and you can get them where you want them to go. :D
Play hard, Practice hard, and most of all kick butt!
IPB Image

#6 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• Colonel, Team Slack Attack
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:prophet_subgenius

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:46 AM

The buddy system seems to work well, but I have to say that time and experience are the only real remedy. Closely link them with an experienced player and get them some reps and it will work itself out from there.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#7 User is offline   CRI Hitman 

• Ace Of Spades
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:[CRI] AOS

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:59 AM

Like They Stated Time And Expirence Are Key. But Sometimes You Find A Good Newb Who Will Actually Do What They Are Told. Most Newbs Will Chiken Out. Also The Older The Newb Sometimes The Less Likely They Chiken Out.
Co-Founder And Director Of Public Relations For:

Commander#58-Sabre#90 www.badgerbrigades.com Check It Out

#8 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:50 AM

1.) People learn more when people show them what to do, as opposed to telling them what to do. People get enough of that from their parents, their teachers, their bosses, etc.

2.) Show people what you expect them to do, then have them try it. If you don't do a good job of setting expectations or an example, don't be surprised at the outcome.

3.) Practice what you want them to do until it becomes a routine or second nature.

4.) When everyone follows the routine, they all know what they can expect everyone else to do.

5.) In the field, no one is guessing, no one is hesitating, only responding to the ebb and flow of the game.

6.) Commander is a title. A leader is someone people follow, regardless of title. People follow people they trust. People trust people who consistently live up to their word. Someone called a Commander may/or may not be one of those people.

7.) Each person must conquer their own fears. We cannot talk these people out of their fears. Some people learn to face down their fears, some do not. You can show people they have nothing to fear, but your words are no protection.

8.) Not everyone is cut out for paintball, or being a Commander for that matter. That is no indication of their success or ability in other sports or aspects of life. Don't obsess over other people's shortcomings or your own...sometimes it's just best to move on.

9.) Have fun...you can do that, win or lose. :rolleyes:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   J.W.Pepper 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:07 AM

i think its key before anyone starts playing paintball is that they get shot a few times. most of the new guys i play with are scared to get hit because they dont know what it feels like.
South Eastern Pennsylvannia Paintball Community www.sepapaintball.com
T-E-A-M R-A-G-N-A-R-O-K WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS...
www.teamragnarok.com
SPONSORS:
http://www.WDP.tv| http://www.JtSports.com| http://www.FogTech.com| http://www.Jassepaintball.com| http://www.HooahBar.com| http://www.HoffmanPaintball.com| http://www.StrategyPlus.com

#10 User is offline   Soul 

• -1 from the masses
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Almuric

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:13 AM

Just pair up the new guys with the older guys, and prior to the beginning of the game, explain to them that their chances of getting shot go up when they retreat.

#11 User is offline   oldguny 

• The Chicago type writer.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Oldguny

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:34 PM

Big ips to Warpaint!!!! You said it all. BUt also a way of takeing command is being te best out their. I know that I'm not going to follow a kid who does not even know how to tie his own shoes let alone know tactics.

You get the jif of it.............. :sick:

When i see you your in my cross hairs,but when you see me your looking over your sholder still wondering why that tree is waving at you. "Explosives slove everthing"-Sandy WBC I'm going for a Sunday drive Navy Seal Style

#12 Guest_b_soukup_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:21 AM

View PostSniper55, on Jul 2 2007, 08:59 PM, said:

I am the tactician/commander of our group and does any one have an idea on how to move noobs.
I don't lead from the rear but sometimes there are those guys who won't help hold the line or who run when a paintball or two comes our way. On one occasion i was leading two guys who were "supposed" to provide cover fire for me as i moved up. They saw the feet of an enemy player poking out of a bunker and they ran off leaving me unprotected. They are also those who huddle up behind a bunker as soon as the game starts not knowing the importence of taking alot of ground. Any ideas on persuading noobs to move forward.

tell them if they run away u will shoot them yourself it worked 4 my old team :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users