• You cannot reply to this topic

Marauder Set The orginals

#1 User is offline   Predator88 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Predator88

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:17 PM

Well I have played with my original Marauder top and bottom for three weekends now and I think I can give an accurate review. performed, it's construction, it's pros and cons, and what your personal opinion of it is.

First off I'll show some pics.
Posted Image
The set on the ground
Posted Image
Whole body shot
Posted Image
Posted Image
There is a spec ops logo in the camo

Preformance
These are comfy! When I first got these I walked around in them, slept in them, ate in them, went to socials in them, etc. etc. until I had to take a shower I would have worn them in the shower but my parents said the shower wouldn't be effective enough to get ride of the smell from wearing the marauders all week <_<. After I got over the fact I wouldn't be wearing them for another 2 months they sat around in my closet until the next paintball season started. Once it finally started I kicked some serious DUMPER. I have played as aggressive as I possibly can in these and haven't seen a single sign of wear. Me and my friend had a game where we came around these defenders and he was probably 5-10 feet behind me wearing a blue jersey. The silly defenders saw him and only him as I sat 8 feet away from them just watching them shoot my friend. I also got a lot of compliments on the cool camo. However, in the middle of the day, I was HOT and I mean HHHHHOOOTTTT! But, hey that is why they made ultralight fusions.

Construction
These are easily the best shirt and pants I own to play paintball in. They are camo, they don't wear, they get bounces like crazy (somtimes when I don't even want them to), and look AWESOME.

Pro's and Con's
Pro's
SO digi camo
won't tear or wear
2 squeegie pockets
ajustable ankle strap things
Con's
Not as many features as fusions
Not as breathable as ultralites
Sallow pockets, had a barrel condom fall out

Personal Opinion
I love my marauder's! I hear the fusions fall apart so I would rather have these over fusions, maybe ultralights for those horrible summer months, but These should work out in the long haul.

This post has been edited by Predator88: 08 May 2006 - 05:27 AM

#2 User is offline   Rend 

• : Band of Brothers :
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Rend

Posted 09 July 2006 - 08:45 PM

Good review. :D

Only thing I'd like to add is that my Marauder pants have experienced problems since I purchased them this year. I've used them at several practices, and two full scenarios. After the first scenario the draw string broke so there is no way to tighten the pants without a belt. Which is fine, BUT SpecOps only put 3 belt loops on these pants! 2 loops in the front and one in the back. So the belt doesn't do a great job in the back of holding my pants up. LOL :P

My wife is going to sew on additional belt loops and probably incorporate me a new drawstring system since the original already broke.

Now I do want to mention that I am a forward player, and I do play aggressively so this may be why my drawstring broke. Either way these camies are G R E A T!

Highly recommend these. On a 5 star scale I give these camies 4 stars outta 5!
I offer only the truth, nothing more.

Don't live your life making excuses, because you're the only one who decides how you live.

#3 User is offline   Predator88 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Predator88

Posted 13 July 2006 - 08:39 PM

Update!
I have been playing aggresivly as well and there is a huge rip in the knee of the maraduers now.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users