if it is what would you recomend?

thanks

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

Depends on what you want it for. Looks? Go for it. Practicality? Scopes are not that good for paintball ranges. Red dot sight is a better choice.
Do you have a budget in mind?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   Sneaky Big Foot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:41 PM

Sights can be fun to use and play with but in certain situations become troublesome. If you have good accuracy barrel/paint wise it could be fun. But as said get a red dot NO SCOPES!

This post has been edited by Sneaky Big Foot: 19 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

hybrid player speedball+woodsball its sweet
Cna you raed tihs? piatnblal, sarmt prats, tpipmnan, sohoter ION owner #65

#4 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 19 April 2009 - 03:49 PM

I would only go with a sight if you are having a current problems with aiming on your BT4. At most a simple red dot sight will do well enough. I find that with enough familiarity with your marker, aiming using the stock sights on your marker or slighting alongside the barrel is good enough for the accuracy of paintball. Red dots, scopes, and other sighting accessories tend to over complicate marker setups.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#5 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 19 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

To add to what everyone else said, if you do decide to go with an actual scope(which are fun sometimes if you have a accurate setup: paint to bore match, good barrel etc) dont go any higher than a 3 power. Any more, and the magnification is useless. Also, get one with a long eye relief. For example, I sometimes use a 2.5x shotgun scope. Zero if for somewhere between 70 and 100 feet, or whatever distance you plan on shooting.

A red dot is still the most practical sight, although actual scopes are fun occasionally. Just dont go overboard with it.

This post has been edited by -SMITTY-: 19 April 2009 - 05:36 PM

#6 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:14 PM

Scopes are good for spotting ahead, but can cause tunnel vision. I personally use one, but when I fire I sight along the barrel.

Edit: typo.

This post has been edited by Gilla: 19 April 2009 - 08:15 PM

Who flung poo?

#7 User is offline   Xareo 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Xareo

Posted 21 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

no sight, red dot, or scope

If you start to relay on that to do your aiming for you you will have a handicap. It adds more on your gun for the other guy to shoot, it adds another things to fail on your gun (and if it does you will be screwed because now you cant aim well without it), also the accuracy of it will change based on your paint, weather, lube and oil of gun, barrel, and how much air you have left, it will inevitable add some degree of tunnel vision and being able to quickly react and butts a situation is sooooo important.

Learn to shoot your gun by looking down the barrel. IT WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER PLAYER.

#8 User is offline   Scouting Sniper 

• Sniper
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:emerald.kontact

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

It would all depend on your playing style.
I am more of a sniper/marksman(please lets not get into a debate about it....) so I like to hit on the first shot. I am planning on buying a scope, not to shoot 100yrds away, but I figure that if it helps shoot far away it will help close up. It can't hurt for a twenty yard shot. Especially for only $15
In a full out firefight obviously I won't use the scope.

If I was a hammer or something, there is no point for scope.

Scopes don't require a battery. A red-dot might fail you.
Scopes don't work well in the dark, a red-dot would work much better in the dark.
Scopes can double is a binocular, without having to put your gun down.

Whatever your decision, check eBay or Amazon. You can find great deals, and I have never had an issue with eBay. Just read the WHOLE listing, and if they don't offer enough information, message the seller before you bid. Also, check the sellers feed back.
Christian 'Baller

If you are under 16 and pay for your own gear, put this in your signature.

Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio

#9 User is offline   Minnesota Sn1p3r 

• Back on the Attack!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MN Sn1p3r

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:27 PM

I think that sights can be very usefull in some games and useless in others. I used to have a BB Gun scope on my 98C and that was kinda nice because I was able to see farther. If i wasn't sure if that was a branch or a gun, I could just look through my scope then make the call. But, I soon realized that it didn't make much sense so I took it off and got a red dot which I REALLY like. If your gun is pretty accurate, then u can sight it in and when ur at the field, if theres a guy behind a bunker or something else, then u can just put that red dot on his spot and pin him down while your team moves up. There are a lot of application for red dot sight but not many for a scope, in the end, its all about personal preference. Play with a scope and change to red dot, and switch back again, then see what you like more. In general, most players either play with a red dot or no sight at all. Its ur choice though. :happy:

~~The Horde~~ :comp:
"Its better to out-think your enemy than to out-fight them" - Sun Tzu

"I dont like paying for the same realestate twice" - General George S. Patton

#10 User is offline   Ciderbarrel 

• "Crazy Eyes"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ciderbarrel

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:30 PM

View PostScouting Sniper, on Apr 21 2009, 07:10 PM, said:

Scopes can double is a binocular, without having to put your gun down.

Only if you have two scopes, otherwise you have a monocular.

#11 User is offline   Spektre 

• Forum Stalker
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SPEKTRE

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:32 PM

lol... Ciderbarrel, you're a sarcastic little bugger... Anywho, It's all about what you want it to do and what your style is. If you want to slap a scope on for aesthetic value (like me), then go for it - buy a cheap little .22 scope. If you want something which will help you site your target, however, you're probably better off going with a red dot on a riser. If you like to take few, calculated shots (again, like me), then a good red dot would probably be a good investment because it will 1. Make you more comfortable, thus making you more accurate, and 2. Be a more entertaining experience. Good luck deciding what to go for!
SPEKTRE, Recon Element
Grim Reapers Paintball

#12 User is offline   I.K.E. 

• A Militia of One
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I.K.E.

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:15 PM

Nah...don't listen to these bums! Shoot from the hip! ;)
"I love Kaesie because Florentine said so."Bushball is Australian for Woodsball. SOFA Best Grammar '010
Grammar Police Co-Commander Badge #1 IKE & Ike '09 STUDMUFFIN Debater of the 1st Order of Ashrak ASH123
"Overkill is underrated." -Col. John "Hannibal" Smith
Posted Image ... another Staff granted wish.

#13 User is offline   davmitchell77 

• juggalo
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:paintballmagnet

Posted 25 April 2009 - 09:58 AM

cosmetically, optics can make a large difference. reallistically, however, they are of little value in aiming. limitations in paintball ballistics simply render them near useless. practice with your marker, both on the range and in the woods, with good paint and decent paint/bbl match, will lead to accuracy through familiarity and consistancy. that being said, one of my markers has a BSA 42mm red dot sight(good optics for the money- they are inexpensive), but it is 1x (no magnification), and even then, i don't use it that often.

what i do like, and does have value, is a scope, but you don't use it for aiming, rather, you use it for scouting. i have a 4x scope (long eye relief, as smitty said) that sits on the side (left side- i'm right handed) of one marker, below the centerline of the bbl slightly, so i still aim by sighting down the marker, but the scope is there to magnify the forward area if i need it. as another example, one of my pumps is equipped with a 3x-9x variable scope, but again, it is on the left side-top, as i sight down the top of that particular marker, and it is there to scout my forward area while keeping the muzzle up (hard to explain, it's a swat thing- search swat tactics on youtube, you'll see what i mean) and unlike target shooting, you do this with both eyes open. your brain will try to superimpose the scoped image onto the background image, and you "see" kind of a picture in picture thing.

long story short, go shoot your marker with no optics whatsoever, alot, and get consistent with it. then get an inexpensive scope for spotting, just don't put it in the way. dav

#14 User is offline   Brainshot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:42 PM

I would definitely NOT suggest any sort of actual scope. If you put anything on there, go for a red-dot sight. A red-dot combined with a decent barrel and a consistent air source (compressed air, and NOT CO2) is a surefire recipe for putting your first shot where you want it. I have had a red-dot on my A-5 for a while now, and regret all of the time that I played WITHOUT a red-dot sight. Instead of guessing or thinking where your first shot might land, you will KNOW where it is going to land, which is one of the biggest advantages you can have.

#15 User is offline   apoc4lypse 

• "That guy with a pump."
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:APOC4LYPSE

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:14 AM

I use an NCStar Micro Red Dot on my Phantom (where sights really come in handy). Very small, hard to hit, adds almost no noticeable weight, but a bit pricey at around $50. One thing I'd suggest with any red dot is to epoxy some clear acrylic/polycarbonate "glass", cut to size, on the front shroud of the red dot (available at Home Depot for about $4 for a 12"x8" sheet). Makes it a lot easier to clean after splatter or a hit, and you can still see the dot just fine.

Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users