Tech-T Zero Kick Hammer Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   randomness 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:randomness

Posted 04 March 2010 - 09:19 PM

View Post82ndx, on Mar 4 2010, 01:22 PM, said:

This may be a completely empty post, for which I apologize, been up all night doing an essay... x.x

Buuut I am kinda curious with this talk of a "reduced kick." I guess I was just unaware that a marker had any real kick to it? Sure there is some recoil but nothing that one doesn't automatically compensate for...

I have to agree with you on this one... All this talk of reduced kick and recoil on paintball markers drives me nuts! When I did my time in the service, I got a chance to fire the M82 (the .50 cal sniper rifle) and the soldier letting me fire it warned me that if I didn't shoulder the stock correctly, I could dislocate it. Now coming from that, when I hear all this talk of "omg, 'x' marker has less recoil" I just shudder.

I'll have to agree with DonnCath and say that you'd definitely be better off saving your cash for something else. $45 is half way to a Palmer's Stabilizer and you would get a more performance enhancement out of that.
"I do as I please, ... , and believe me, what I do is always well done..." - The Count of Monte Cristo

Posted Image

#17 User is offline   cdrinkh20 

• The Dragon Reborn
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cdrinkh20

Posted 04 March 2010 - 11:04 PM

View Postrandomness, on Mar 4 2010, 09:19 PM, said:

I have to agree with you on this one... All this talk of reduced kick and recoil on paintball markers drives me nuts! When I did my time in the service, I got a chance to fire the M82 (the .50 cal sniper rifle) and the soldier letting me fire it warned me that if I didn't shoulder the stock correctly, I could dislocate it. Now coming from that, when I hear all this talk of "omg, 'x' marker has less recoil" I just shudder.

I'll have to agree with DonnCath and say that you'd definitely be better off saving your cash for something else. $45 is half way to a Palmer's Stabilizer and you would get a more performance enhancement out of that.

Not that the recoil of the .50 is going to throw off your aim seeing as snipers wouldn't be firing that thing rapidly :blink:

I guess point is it's a little easier to keep the paint on target at higher ROF...and until now I don't even think I'd heard of a Palmer's Stabilizer, so I think it's about marketing also (I emailed Tech T to tell them their advertisement irritated me cause it said it was 58% lighter than stock hammer but it was 58% of original weight --> only 42% lighter...they changed it in like a day :Help:).

Someone who's new with an A5/98C is going to be like "Oooh!" to just about whatever you tell them will make their gun better (guilty lol). In the end, at least it does something (though many will say it's not worth $45). I'm sure some people would say $90 isn't worth what the stabilizer gets you!

I say, at least someone put a review out there - if it was worth it for them, kudos.

Posted ImagePosted Image

This post has been edited by cdrinkh20: 04 March 2010 - 11:06 PM

#18 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 05 March 2010 - 02:50 AM

View Postrandomness, on Mar 4 2010, 11:19 PM, said:

View Post82ndx, on Mar 4 2010, 01:22 PM, said:

This may be a completely empty post, for which I apologize, been up all night doing an essay... x.x

Buuut I am kinda curious with this talk of a "reduced kick." I guess I was just unaware that a marker had any real kick to it? Sure there is some recoil but nothing that one doesn't automatically compensate for...

There is definitely kick on Tippys compared to any high end. Just shoot the two one right after another and you will clearly see. I could fire my AKA Excal at 15 BPS one handed and not miss the mark at all...no kick/recoil or anything with the Robtown valve in it. Try that with a tippmann..those balls will be all over the place. Not anywhere as close as the AKA. No it isn't kicking like a shotgun or rifle...but compared to other markers...there is considerable kick.

can you compensate for it...of course...but some of us don't want to. :blink: And no i am not a girly man who can't control the recoil. One of my pumps is a double 4" barreled marker...that thing kicks much harder then a tippy when i fire it....hammers have to hit so hard to propel both balls up to 280 fps.

and agreed. A stabilizer will give 10x the benefit a new hammer willl...period...better consistency and accuracy because of it

View Postcdrinkh20, on Mar 5 2010, 01:04 AM, said:

Someone who's new with an A5/98C is going to be like "Oooh!" to just about whatever you tell them will make their gun better (guilty lol). In the end, at least it does something (though many will say it's not worth $45). I'm sure some people would say $90 isn't worth what the stabilizer gets you!

I have not met a single person who has added a stabilizer to their tippmann who hasn't seen a dramatic improvement. Not a single person. Now is it worth the $90 to put it on a marker that cost barely double that? Well that is up to you. But if you plan on keeping the tippy and using it as your main for a while... a stab is the best investment outside of HPA
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users