Special Ops Paintball: resurrect the ProConnect 3 style remotes! - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

resurrect the ProConnect 3 style remotes!

#1 User is offline   Liquid Plummer 

• Mag Hag
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Liquid Plummer

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:04 PM

Back in the day, there was the ProConnect remote. when the PC3 was released it was the most innovative remote system in the world. It's failing was it's cost at the time. It single-handedly helped create the desire for slide-checks by consumers since before the mass market slide check the PC3 was the only connection available that didn't require a full depressurization to hookup or unplug.

It is an all-in-one slide check/QD connection that is smaller than the more common and prevalent QD and separate slide check setups.

With is smooth, all in one design and that it has been an object of legend and obscurity for over a decade, is it possible for S.O. to bring it back? Or something like it? For a decent price instead of the $65 the old PC3's cost?
**** magnae clunes mihi placent, nec possum de hac re mentiri ****

#2 User is offline   Liquid Plummer 

• Mag Hag
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:52 PM

P.S. I am still trying to find a picture of it, but this thing was reviewed by PCRI magazine back in May 95.

#3 User is offline   Liquid Plummer 

• Mag Hag
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 December 2008 - 12:57 PM

I found a review with pictures from the last 10 years over at A5OG.

http://www.a5og.net/product-retailer-revie...disconnect.html

This thing needs to be revived, please! These things have been the elite in connections for almost as long as I have been playing (1st saw one in 94), but as I mentioned above were cost prohibitive then and were buried by the cheaper (then) slide checks/QD combos.

The name of it was the Pro-Line Pro-Connect 3

#4 User is offline   SABER0404 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SABER0404

Posted 23 December 2008 - 10:36 PM

Man, after reading that review on A5og i totally agree, that remote adapter would be such a god send. Please, please, please, spec ops look into this.
One Case, One Kill
My Name may be SABER but I'm all Broadsword

#5 User is offline   Biz Kizzle 

• DncIsk>siW
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Biz Kizzle

Posted 24 December 2008 - 08:42 PM

wow i just saw a couple on ebay for about $25 each, like just the male and female ends together and i was like what a rip off lol i didn't fully realize what they were or i might have picked on up. i can't seem to find any i just looked for like 15 minutes...
|\/|`/ |\| /-\ |\/| E |s BR| /-\ |\|
SO feedback +6/-0 Automags.org Feedback MCB feedback
Proud Tippmann Owner (A-5, 98 custom, Pro Carbine)
AUTOMAGGOT #144!!!! "Your mother is a baseless cylinder" - Adam S, classic.

#6 User is offline   UV Halo 

• Blacklight Baller
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:UV Halo

Posted 25 December 2008 - 12:11 PM

I've been using remotes since they first were used in paintball and I now have my all time favoriteremote rig. I've had it for more years that I can remember. The rig I've got now, uses the SC/QD piece I got from one remote (I have no idea who made it) and the tank adapter / on/off valve from a Pure Energy remote system.

Attached File  QD_SC.JPG (222K)
Number of downloads: 8

The SC/QD rocks in that it is integrated into one piece of steel and is very compact. By removing a couple compression rings, I can take off the QD ring, slide the check ring off and replace all the o-rings (Two tank o-rings for the slide check). This isn't something you want to do with out a proper work space as when you slide off the QD ring, the retention BBs can fall out. There is also a small spring. But, being able to rebuild it is priceless, even though it is a little difficult.

Attached File  Pure_energy.JPG (220.18K)
Number of downloads: 6
The Pure Energy adapter/on/off valve is another good part. I've had many remotes fail over the years because that o-ring fails and they leave you with no way of replacing it. This is experienced by leaking around the knob. This particular Pure Energy model has a metal knob, and a stainless valve pin. It is key because it allows you to remove a nut that holds that o-ring and valve stem in place. I bought replacements from Home Depot and, whenever it starts to leak, throw a new o-ring in there.

#7 User is offline   Liquid Plummer 

• Mag Hag
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:33 PM

Looks good, but not quite what I was looking for. :)

#8 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 30 December 2008 - 10:23 PM

search my name in air systems.

This post has been edited by druid: 30 December 2008 - 10:25 PM

Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#9 User is offline   2hyper 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:litrifman

Posted 03 January 2009 - 03:58 PM

The system that you are describing is very similiar to that used in air tools, like most mechanics use. It may take some digging but I am willing to bet that you can find the pieces at a local proffessional hardware store, the type that services contractors.
My car is fast, and my marker is faster, '06 MINI COOPER S, Tippman A5.

#10 User is offline   nchittendon 

• Team Akkadian Commander
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:nchittendon

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:46 AM

View Post2hyper, on Jan 3 2009, 04:58 PM, said:

The system that you are describing is very similiar to that used in air tools, like most mechanics use. It may take some digging but I am willing to bet that you can find the pieces at a local proffessional hardware store, the type that services contractors.

I am currently selling the Proconnects for $45 shipped anywhere on USA soil. Anyone out of country, please add $5. I have a running list over at the A5OG Proconnect thread.

Here are a couple pics of what I believe we are talking about here:
*size comparison pic to a slide check assembly:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Just shoot me a PM, or email me at midwestcustompaintball@live.com to place an order. Bulk orders of 10 or more will warrant a discounted price!

#11 User is offline   Stonewall 

• PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stonewal1

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

Wow, never knew these even existed. Why hasn't anyone brought these back? Wish I had the cash to spare to buy a few, I haven't been happy with my slide check.

~Stone
"My men may fail to take a position, but driven from one?, NEVER!!!!"
~Lt. General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson Confederate General~

#12 User is offline   Lao Yan Qiang 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:11 PM

Someone was listening Liquid Plummer

Pro-connect III

#13 User is offline   Liquid Plummer 

• Mag Hag
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2009 - 05:58 PM

SWEET! Thanks for the link!

#14 User is offline   nchittendon 

• Team Akkadian Commander
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:nchittendon

Posted 08 May 2010 - 06:59 AM

Wow, I haven't been on here in a while.

The above link. Ah yes, the Proconnect III. I love it that people are marketing it as the Proconnect when it is not even close. What is pictured in that link is the Warlock coupler. China made. Knock off. Don't get me wrong, the price is right for the Proconnect concept, but not even close to the same quality. I'm a dealer for both products, if that makes any sense. lol

ProConnect: Made by Staubli Corporation. The same coupler that was on the market 10-15 years ago. I have reports of them lasting well over 10 years before needing any service at all. Staubli claims that they are non-serviceable, but some have replaced the main o-ring in it already. I have used mine for over 3 years now hook after unhook many many times.

Warlock: Cheaper! China made. The thing is great for a baller on a budget, but bear in mind that you will have to replace the o-rings quite frequently. They come with extra o-rings right off the bat.

Now, the biggest reason I went looking for a different coupler was because I was sick of replacing o-rings in my slide checks all the time. The ease of use, and the simplicity of the Proconnect is what caught my attention. So I'm not sure why one would want to get rid of a slide check, just to use a couple of a little different design that you're going to have to replace o-rings all the time anyways.

Within the last year, the cost of the Proconnects has gone up to $55 shipped in the USA. We sell about 20 a month of each. The Proconnects go out, and people call back wanting more. The Warlocks go out, and people call back needing o-rings.

Don't get me wrong, the Warlock isn't a BAD product. It's just not a Proconnect. Still does the same job, but with more maintenance.

I hope that helps answer any questions.

#15 User is offline   US_Army_Guy 

• Elite
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:US_Army_Guy

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:27 PM

Not one to bump a semi old thread but I've gotten a psiworx Pro-connect and I absolutely love mine. Beats the hell out of any slide check any day.

few more recent sites....

the Pro-connect's current site, face book, youtube channel

http://www.psiworx.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Proconnect-3...18685682?v=wall
http://www.youtube.c...siworxSolutions

where to buy a pro-connect for a reasonable price

http://www.rockstart...p/pw-procon.htm
http://www.rockstart...pw-proc-rmt.htm

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked