• You cannot reply to this topic

Which pump to get? Azodin Kaos or Tippmann SL-68 II? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Run'n Gun 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:KOLTENMOLTEN

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:00 PM

Hey guys, im looking to get into pump paintball and I have 2 options for the marker. There is the Tippmann SL-68 II or the Azodin Kaos pump marker. The Azodin is only $150 and the Tippmann is $190.... so which should I get?

God Bless!

This post has been edited by Run'n Gun: 25 December 2009 - 01:24 PM

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 25 December 2009 - 01:10 PM

$9190.00??!?!?! I REALLY hope that's a typo.....
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 25 December 2009 - 03:10 PM

It really depends on your style. SL-68 IIs are natrually very crude rugged markers - in a good way. They're a simple Nelson valve design where all of the parts are inline rather than stacked. The feature I like most about them is the open port on the side, which makes barrel cleaning super easy, and the screw on the bolt allows for easy velocity adjustment. Other nelsons require that you stick a tool down the barrel or take the barrel off. The feature does sacrafice a bit of air efficiency.

The Khaos pump has a much more traditional paint-esque styling to it. It would be a bit easier to transfer to if you are accustomed to playing with shorter, taller, "speedball" markers. You also must sight down the side of the barrel due to the center feed. Both markers are designed to be player open class, with a hopper and bulk air tank. It would be difficult to use either with 12 grams or a feed tube.

I personally would go with the SL-68. The new reissues are for the most part just as good as the old ones. I really like the feel of them, and they're very compact. They also make a very distinct, loud pop sound when fired.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#4 User is offline   5N1P3R 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 December 2009 - 06:51 PM

My vote would be the Azodin. I have heard nothing, but positive reviews about them as a beginner pupm gun.

*2,000 post baby!!!!* :)

This post has been edited by 5N1P3R: 25 December 2009 - 06:52 PM

#5 User is offline   stormtrooperofdeathnz 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 January 2010 - 12:36 AM

I have an azodin kp, just the standard one, not the new electronic trigger version. I can't think of anything wrong with it once you have a barrel kit to replace the stock barrel. I see that lots of people use regs and lighten the internals but I don't feel it is needed. People also complain about the fart it makes when the striker bounces on the valve but it goes away when using the hitman mod (a small bar that drops down from the pump handle so your thumb can be around the expansion chamber and fingers grip the bar to pump it, works well when tilting the gun to the right since holding the pump normally gets your wrist hooked up on the chamber when tilting that way.
I have no opinion about the sl-68 but have heard good things from back in the old days, it really depends on what you have been used to playing with.

#6 User is offline   aquateenjunkie 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:aquateenjunkie

Posted 03 February 2010 - 09:35 PM

i have the akp and it is great. but when i got it it came with a cp reg a new feedneck and a better barrel. easy to use and their service is great. i lost 2 screws and they sent me new ones for free, my hitman broke ( one of the early ones) and they sent me a new one.
Chuck Norris, a cotton candy filled twinky and Aquateenjunkie walk into a bar. The building then immedietly explodes because it cannot contain that level of awesomeness.

Battlefront Paintball

Team Total Resistance

#7 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:04 AM

I've heard amazing things about Azodin, both as a gun manufacturer and a customer supporter. The design is slightly more refined, and if you want to glean the greatest performance, changing out some springs and adding a regulator can do some great things. Most importantly, it has COMMON barrel threads. A good, smallbore barrel is important with a pump.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#8 User is offline   bNobody 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 February 2010 - 12:51 AM

View Postaquateenjunkie, on Feb 4 2010, 05:35 AM, said:

... it it came with a cp reg a new feedneck and a better barrel...

Had a stock AKP that I had Up'd with Reg, barrel and feedneck. Still didn't like it, mpo. Didn't think it shot very accurate and it didn't even get close to the feel from my Phantom or SL-68 II.

But that's just me. (No offends) To answer your question, I would prefer SL over AKP.

#9 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:08 PM

I've played around a bit with the Azodin pumps. I wasn't a huge fan, I just found them too stiff for my liking.

The new SL-68IIs are nice...but the original ones work just as well, and can be had for a third of the price of a brand new one today.

To be honest, your best bet to get a first pump is a used Sniper II. You can pick up a decent one for around $150 or so, and it'll be nicer then an Azodin. Alternately, original SL-68IIs are a dime a dozen, literally. And you cannot physically break them, there's actually a law against it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users