Special Ops Paintball: diffrence 2 piece barrel and 1 piece??? - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

diffrence 2 piece barrel and 1 piece???

#1 User is offline   pbcow1616 

• cow1616
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 January 2005 - 09:30 PM

i am just wondering if there is a diffrence between a 2 piece barrel and a one piece barrel as in how thier quality and accuracy

#2 User is offline   SHADOW_STALKER 

• Upgrade car! Now a '00 BMW 323i
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TexasMartin

Posted 14 January 2005 - 05:35 AM

a two piece barrel has more versatility than a one piece because you can change the part that screws into ur gun for a better paint-to-bore match, which does improve accuaracy
Come visit the PUMP MARKERS SECTION! SpecOps Pump Crew - PUC #7

American cars are built for crappy drivers, good drivers can have German ones - friend of mine

#3 User is offline   pbcow1616 

• cow1616
  • Pip

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:39 AM

cool thanks

#4 User is offline   tyguy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:45 AM

In a two piece you design you have the:
1. Control bore - This is the back piece that screws into the gun. It's the only piece that the paintball will touch. As mentioned, you can often purchase different bore sizes to match the paint you're using. There will be no porting (holes) in the control bore and it's purpose is to excellerate the ball up to the desired speed.
2. Tip - This is the front piece that screws into the control bore. Tips can be different lengths and have a wider bore than the control bore. The paintball shouldn't touch the inside of the tip. It's purpose is to give you the desired total length to your barrel and vent excess gas (they are almost always ported).

In a one piece design the bore size stays the same through the entire length, but you can often buy different bore sizes (CP makes a one piece in three different bores).

There's really no performance difference between the two assuming you have a good paint match. It's just nice to have a two-piece kit that allows you to change bores and lengths of your barrels. I have a 11-piece kit from Empire that has 6 different control bores and 5 different length tips. You get a LOT of flexibility with that.

-Ty

This post has been edited by tyguy: 14 January 2005 - 10:46 AM

#5 User is offline   pbcow1616 

• cow1616
  • Pip

Posted 14 January 2005 - 10:50 AM

is the freak jr any good

#6 User is offline   tyguy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 January 2005 - 11:40 AM

A lot of people like the freak and you may also. Personally, I'm not a fan of the insert system that Smart Parts uses. I prefer a control bore without inserts, something like the CP two-piece design or the Dye Utlralite tw-piece design. I've owned and have been VERY pleased with barrels from CP, J&J, and Dye. That doesn't mean the other systems are bad, though, I just haven't had much experience with the others. My Empire is a good system, too, but I do like the CP and Dye better.

#7 User is offline   pbcow1616 

• cow1616
  • Pip

Posted 14 January 2005 - 01:04 PM

thanks

#8 User is offline   luckykeefer 

• i see dead people
  • PipPip

Posted 16 January 2005 - 12:36 AM

lets keep in mind if you aren't equipment minded and your 2 peice barrel isn't snugly joined, the gap inside the barrel will chop balls all day..... not a bad problem but something you'll need to check from time to time..... any deviation in the bore decreases accuracy and raises potential for chopping balls...... personally, i'd get a one peice and find paint that works well with it, it's alot more cost effecient and much more reliable...... people these days get too caught up in spending more for the "new big thing" but don't realize that simplicity is the key to reliability

"Forget about the end result. It means nothing. The end result is that we die. What matters is the process. The process is everything." -Yvon Chouinard
View My Special Ops Brigade Page

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users