Special Ops Paintball: Democratic Solution to Global Warming? - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Democratic Solution to Global Warming? Stunt our economic growth. Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Uriah 

• Whats a skunk bird? Dat's a Skunk Bird
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Uriah

Posted 03 February 2008 - 03:05 AM

While I was againt nuclear power plants a month ago, I've changed my mindafter hearing this...

One nuclear power plant produces less then a truckload of waste for every 10 years of service, so, it'll be a hell of a long time before we run out of room to stow it. Besides, we'll find some way to use the crap left over eventualey as long as it's the cheaper route -- that's the way we work.
Hello, I am Uriah, RCO of the SBA and Commander of The Skunk Bird Army.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot loose."
--Jim Elliot, leader of the men who gave their lives at the hands of those who they tried to save -- it worked.

#32 User is offline   Elfonso 

• South Paw.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Thunderbyrd

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:32 AM

The next person who says global warming is NOT happening needs to take an unbiased look at the facts

Global warming means that the world is warming up. It's not saying anything about CO2, or glaciers melting, or WHY the world is warming. Global warming is what it is doing. If you don't believe in global warming, you are refusing to believe meteorologist and documented scientific recordings. This is global warming.

Posted Image

The Green House Effect (capitalized?) is with CO2 and what-not.

But for me, the issue is not what the cause of global warming is, it's about helping the environment in general. We already screw it up enough already. Also, to take America off it's dependency for oil and coal.

Anyways, I believe in everyone else with more Nuclear Power, and less coal. Any alternative energy is better than coal.

Germany, for one, uses a lot more wind turnbines than the US. I think America should do the same. I don't have exact figures, but windmills produce a lot of power with hardly any impact on the environment.

...jus' my off-topic two cents.

This post has been edited by Elfonso: 03 February 2008 - 05:52 AM

Paintballer AND Airsofter

98% of forum members have a stupid, far-fetched statistic like this in their sig. If you're in the 2% that don't, post this in your sig.

#33 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:07 AM

In my opinion, if ANY politician wants to solve Global Warming, they would contribute greatly just by closing their yaps...evidently, the Earth suffers from plenty of HOT AIR already.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   Lynnch 

• Haha, how ironic
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Lynnch

Posted 03 February 2008 - 12:50 PM

True dat Warpaint!
Global warming isnt a political issue, its a scientific one.

#35 User is offline   Sgt_Doofy 

• That one guy
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Sgt_Doofy

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:12 PM

It will be extremely hard to get off of being oil dependant. Oil contributes to society more than one may think. Thousands of helpful by-products of Oil and the fact that a lot of machines NEED oil. it's not going away in the near future, even though it would be nice.

#36 User is offline   -SMITTY- 

• one of the original 27,731 members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:-SMITTY-

Posted 03 February 2008 - 01:59 PM

View PostElfonso, on Feb 3 2008, 07:32 AM, said:

The next person who says global warming is NOT happening needs to take an unbiased look at the facts

Global warming means that the world is warming up. It's not saying anything about CO2, or glaciers melting, or WHY the world is warming. Global warming is what it is doing. If you don't believe in global warming, you are refusing to believe meteorologist and documented scientific recordings. This is global warming.

Posted Image

But for me, the issue is not what the cause of global warming is, it's about helping the environment in general. We already screw it up enough already. Also, to take America off it's dependency for oil and coal.

Anyways, I believe in everyone else with more Nuclear Power, and less coal. Any alternative energy is better than coal.

Germany, for one, uses a lot more wind turnbines than the US. I think America should do the same. I don't have exact figures, but windmills produce a lot of power with hardly any impact on the environment.

Yes, the world is indeed warming, but not the way that the politicians and scientists say it is. How do we know that the world is not just warming up to the normal temperature? We are still technically in the very end of an ice age. Also, Mars is undergoing a similar warming. Are aliens driving deisel trucks now? Maybe the sun is just putting out more energy than normal.

#37 Guest_SaltandVinegar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:33 PM

View PostElfonso, on Feb 3 2008, 05:32 AM, said:

Posted Image

Wanna bet how many times in the past that has already happened before?

#38 User is offline   Ashrak 

• Precipice
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2008 - 10:20 PM

The idiocy never ceases.

Windtubrines - How many turbines do you need to supply enough power to a city? Too damn many.

Solar Power - Too expensive for the average joe to utilize and doesn't produce enough power.

Global Warming - Yes the earth is warming. What causes the warming? News item - volcano discovered beneath Antarctica. Maybe that has something to do with it. Also, people need to look at the political philosophies of those who study, commision studies, or just shoot their mouth off. If they are liberals, they are going to be liberal about the environment. Just recently, the Navy was restricted in anti-sub warfare drlls using sonar out of fear of hurting whales.
I am sure the will comfort us if enemy subs would ever park themselves of our coast.

There is no consensus on man made elements being causing Global Warming. Liberals and the media merely use bandwagon politics to get everyone on board and indoctrinate the masses.
Alea iacta est ~ The board is set, the pieces are moving.
~ Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. ~ Destruction of Sennacherib

~ Believe me, dear Sir: there is not in the American states a man who more cordially loves a union with his country than I do. But, by the God that made me, I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the United States Congress proposes; and in this, I think I speak the sentiments of America. ~ Thomas Jefferson (modernized)
Summertime Blues

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users