• You cannot reply to this topic

oops. T8 dropped Is this going to be a problem? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

Earlier, when i was putting up some of my paintball stuff, my T8 fell out of its holster and onto our false wood floor thats rather hard. when this happened the plastic part that makes up the grip opened a little on the seam, and the trigger spring went through the rift breated. I put the spring back, but the seem is still split a little. not badly, but enough that it bothers me. Will this be a major problem, could i possibly replace the plastic grip, and is there any chance that the internals got messed up? I don't have any 12 grams curently, so i haven't shot it sense dropping it to see if it works/
Thanks for any help given
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#2 User is offline   jtpaintball70 

• Stock-Class player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JTPaintball70

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:26 PM

Wow... I dropped my old T8 a number of times and never had that happen... did you have a mag in it? Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm curious.
☻/ This is Muhammad.
/▌ 
/ \ Copy and paste him

#3 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 22 May 2010 - 07:48 PM

The only possible way I foresee it harming the function of the marker is that it doesn't automatically release the ball pusher on the magazines. If it still releases the ball pusher, then I don't see any other problem it could have.
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#4 User is offline   Gilla 

• Action shot!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:gilla

Posted 23 May 2010 - 04:05 AM

Have you tried smapping that seam back together? I've had my handle start to seperate and have snapped it back together without issue.
Who flung poo?

#5 User is offline   sousey 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:HELL-FIRE

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:06 AM

if it does create an issue, i have seen a few guys here and on other forums selling off parts of the SA-8s and have seen handles for 20-30 dollars or call TA directly for a replacement handle.

EDIT: or electrical tape has been used in such situations

This post has been edited by sousey: 23 May 2010 - 08:07 AM

#6 User is offline   Cuy'val Dar  

• 327 G.I.R. Bastogne Bulldogs
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MICHAEL J. CABOOSE

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:58 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I tried snapping it back in place, but to no avail. i put a clamp on it to possibly snap it back that way.
I did have a mag in it when it fell out if the holster.
Im glad that nobody thinks there will be issues. I'll look around for a new grip if it gets to be an issue. Thanks a lot guys!
Posted Image

Doorbells? Seriously? That's the swear filter?
. -Pirate
"Authenticity bro, everyone voids their bowels when they die."
-Guy at end of paintball movie

#7 User is offline   TPX 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

As previously stated, splitting of the grips is not really a major problem. The grips on my old t8 had started to split too. New grips can be bought for around $25 i think, but it's cheaper to glue the old ones together.
<!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Disparando paintballs, ocho en una vez con mi T9, y T8. Currently have: t8-black-with trg, t9-black with longbow stock, milsig paradigm-black,upped mech ion-black,stock a5-black, cci phantom-green. Spec-Ops official fanboy #1<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users